Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SerialCellBuyer
    I'd like to understand which Jabra Gels, and how these have been attached by others to the 300.
    Because of the size of the HBH-300 earpiece, it just so happens that you can slightly stretch one of those two-pronged coloured Jabra eargels to fit. Please note that this is different from the clear eargels that HBH-660 users have been using to fit theirs. I'm assuming the earpieces on the two headsets are of different sizes.
    Has anyone discovered a trick to get the HBH-300 (with Jabra Eargel afixed) on your ear in a quick and efficient manner? I noticed that I tend to fumble a lot with it now that the Jabra Eargel is on. The eargel doesn't seem to be in place.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    The HBH-300 is the best BT earpiece by a wide margin. The sound clarity is equal to any of the best wired headshets (including the Shure and the Etymotic).

I just tried a little hot glue on the Jabra Eargel to attach it to the headset. It's a little less than elegant but we'll see if it works. The hot glue won't permanently disfigure the headset, but I would like a better solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinreu
    The HBH-300 is the best BT earpiece by a wide margin. The sound clarity is equal to any of the best wired headshets (including the Shure and the Etymotic).

I just tried a little hot glue on the Jabra Eargel to attach it to the headset. It's a little less than elegant but we'll see if it works. The hot glue won't permanently disfigure the headset, but I would like a better solution.
    I don't know which eargel you are using, but the one that works best for me is a large purple eargel and has what looks like two flaps around the opening that goes around the speaker. It seems to be a little deeper and has a better grip of the speaker than the other eargels.
    I'm using the clear ones...they don't stay on well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinreu
    I'm using the clear ones...they don't stay on well at all.
    The clear are the worst. When I use the purple one it stays on without any additional glue or aid. You might want to check eBay and lookup wired Jabra headsets and look in the pictures they provide. If you see a purple one get it! Those headsets will usually run no more than $7 or $8 including shipping.
    Forget the Jabra Eargels. Run immediately to http://www.slicsound.com and purchase their slicksounds. The little buds work like they were made just for the Sony. They are silver gray, fit well over the earpiece like they were made for it, and stay in place. There's a selection of sizes and shapes for the left and right ears.

They fit gently into the ear, but it's not at all intrusive. The biggest benefit was the volume. Believe it or not, I actually had to turn the headset volume down - in my quiet office it was too loud!

These should come standard with the headset - the difference is huge. And only 11 bucks.
    [QUOTE=martinreu] The biggest benefit was the volume. Believe it or not, I actually had to turn the headset volume down - in my quiet office it was too loud!
    [QUOTE]

The Jabras have the same effect. Much louder sound. I've been using them with the Treo headset but they don't stay on very well. Some people talk about gluing them on but I think a better solution will be to create little ridges on the earpiece such that I can swap out new earpieces. I'll use clear epoxy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12