Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My biggest frustration with my new 650 is it seems to be slower than the 600 at some very basic things. Like hit the power button and there's a slight delay, there is zero perceivable delay on my 600. When I place a call, there's a delay before I can take control of the call features and switch to speakerphone. Sometimes I hit the power button (end call button) and nothing happens, most times it takes 2 presses to turn the screen on (perhaps a bad button there?). There are a number of other basic tasks that seem to take longer, and this was before I started loading 3rd party apps.

Is anybody else having these kinds of issues?

I initially thought keeping the 650 was a slam dunk, but my 600 didn't sell on eBay and I'm not sure this iteration of the device is worth $600. Perhaps Rev. B or Rev. C will be there.

There's a lot to love about this device, but I find myself reconsidering whether I should keep it. I was well aware of the likelihood the first run would be buggy, I'm an early adopter of every kind of gadget known to man. I'm just not sure the 650 has blown me away enough to keep my money in this unit.
    same delays here.
    ditto
    I just posted on this as well. Please see:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=63129
    Very dissatisfying.....
    it seems like the FAT system blows
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    You guys are hilarious!
    Is there some way to fix this or are we doomed until the next device? The slow response is not a dealbreaker, but it is not making me run out and tell all the people I had buy 600s to upgrade.
    No device is every going to satisfy the masses. I think the 650 is an upgrade to any smartphone, and is the best one available today. Can it be improved? Sure. Always. I can live with several "not perfect" aspects of this device. It's light years better than the 600.
    Delays here too
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    No device is every going to satisfy the masses. I think the 650 is an upgrade to any smartphone, and is the best one available today. Can it be improved? Sure. Always. I can live with several "not perfect" aspects of this device. It's light years better than the 600.
    Poetry!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    My biggest frustration with my new 650 is it seems to be slower than the 600 at some very basic things. Like hit the power button and there's a slight delay, there is zero perceivable delay on my 600. When I place a call, there's a delay before I can take control of the call features and switch to speakerphone. Sometimes I hit the power button (end call button) and nothing happens, most times it takes 2 presses to turn the screen on (perhaps a bad button there?). There are a number of other basic tasks that seem to take longer, and this was before I started loading 3rd party apps.

Is anybody else having these kinds of issues?

I initially thought keeping the 650 was a slam dunk, but my 600 didn't sell on eBay and I'm not sure this iteration of the device is worth $600. Perhaps Rev. B or Rev. C will be there.

There's a lot to love about this device, but I find myself reconsidering whether I should keep it. I was well aware of the likelihood the first run would be buggy, I'm an early adopter of every kind of gadget known to man. I'm just not sure the 650 has blown me away enough to keep my money in this unit.
    Funny, my fiancé pointed out the same thing.

I bought her a Treo 600 last April, but was waiting for Bluetooth support before making my purchase. I got my Treo 650 last Friday.

I didn't notice, nor did it bother me (the delays); however, the first thing my fiancé pointed out (when I was showing her "how much better" my 650 was) was the "delays" when moving around.

As a new user, I certainly would have never noticed. But when we put two the side-by-side it was blatently obvious.

Interesting to me, because I thought they bumped up the processor speed quite a bit?

-jd
    I am guessing we will be getting a firmware upgrade pretty quickly like we did with the 600 (remember...1.00 to 1.10). Does anyone remember how long it was after the initial release of the 600? I recall it was surprisingly fast because we all commented about how quick Handspring was to address bugs/issues.
    The delays are really making me reconsider. I was thinking I got a defective device but now seeing this is the real 650's performance I may send it back. The thing that would keep me holding out would be the possiblity of a firmware update correcting this.
    One thing I noticed with the power button is that, as was mentioned above in this thread, sometimes it doesn't work and I have to press it multiple times to wake up the phone.

Interestingly enough, I had the opportunity to compare it to another 650 which had just been hard-reset, and that phone did not exhibit that problem. However, once that phone was set up again with the software I had on mine (restoring from a backup and setting up the phone service), the problem started occurring on that one, too. And hard-resetting the first one made it not happen on that one. So it looks like it's a software problem of some type.

Anyone have any idea what software might be causing this problem? I don't have much in the way of hacks installed, but the phone did receive some kind of vision update from Sprint after it was activated (but alas I didn't do a test before and after this download to see if it affected things).
    Same problem here ... I have had my Treo 650 since 11/19 and sometimes it won't even respond to anything that I press including power button. (I will hit multiple times or just holding it down before it wakes up ... several seconds later). Sometimes whether I tap or trying to move between apps, it seems to freeze or it is very slow to respond ... kind of like when Windows (oops!) gets bogged down with multiple apps and processes and just hangs. And few minutes, it finally comes back. Is anyone else experienceing this???
    The power on thing is from the SD card, right? Anyone seeing this that IS NOT running a SD card? I think I saw KRamsauer post something about this too?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have the delays, and I am not running with an SD card.
    same delays here (especially when initiating or terminating a call) -- not using an SD card either.
    I just found this thread and I want to get it going again as i am just now experiencing the POWER on button delay. The treo's been awesome this past few weeks that I've had it. But just in the past few days been very slow to respond to the RED power button. Sometimes the treo ignores the button press all together. I have 9 megs free in ROM.

I'm running a few apps such as Zlauncher, shadowmites ROM #3, Zuma (great game), pTunes, just installed the movianVPN yesterday however it was slow a few days prior to that. Before that I had just installed the game Zuma.

I have tried a few soft resets, but this has not resolved the issue. Once the Treo is powered up, it runs as quick as usual.

I'm going to try playing around with this a bit more. But if anyone has figured out what it is, please post the resolution here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast