1.    #1  
    Seems like a lousy device to me. I get static even when I'm very close to the 650 with full charges on both. It's very difficult to get the thing to stay on your ear. If you want to quickly throw on the headset and take a call, you will often find yourself fumbling trying to get it on your ear properly.

If this is what the magic of Bluetooth is all about, I'm unimpressed. If I'm 3 ft. from my 650, I should be getting crystal clear sound.

I paid $28 after rebate from eCost.com, I had a feeling you get what you pay for would apply here.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Haven't had much luck on my end either. On the 3 calls I have tried it on I have ended up ripping the headset off my ear and just using the phone because people either say I am "staticy" or very hard to hear. Couple that with actually trying to get it in your ear and it is a very cumbersome headset. I want my money back! (I bought mine with the dongle)
    woahhh thanx for posting that guys cuz was gonna go out & buy one. now I know why they are $28! anyone else using one that actually works well?
    Man, I hate mine too. It's great if you are like a foot away from the 650, sitting still, etc. The second you pick it up and walk around....or god forbid you leave the 650 say, on a coffee table and move around the room, the static drives you nuts. Hell, you can't even carry on conversation it's so bad.

Man, I feel jaded by the reviews I read. They all seem to glow in support of the G2. Obviously, the G2 doesn't work well with (at least my) 650.

Anyone actually use another brand with the 650 and have firsthand experience with how it performs?
    I just ordered on because I have the Bt250, and it has some static, sometimes I can go 20 feet and it ok. I wanted to try the G2, its only $28. My house has a 54g wireless network, so That might be giving me some interference.
    I have been using the Motorola HS810 for a few days now and am pretty happy with it. People say I sound clear and free of static on the other end. There is some inteference in my home with WiFi and 2.4GHz phones, but that is to be expected and it's not so bad to be intolerable. The only downside to the HS810 is that it can be a little soft, volume wise, so in loud places I sometimes have to press it to my ear to hear a little better. All in all though, I am happy, though not ecstatic with the performance. I can wander about 15 feet away from my 650 before I have connection problems. Haven't had it long enough to know what the battery life is like.

The Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headsets get pretty decent reviews and I am looking into this as well if I hear they perform better than the HS810. Specifically, I'm looking at the HBH-65 and the Akono HBH-300.
    Last edited by cortjestir; 11/22/2004 at 07:57 PM.
    I've got a G2. When wi-fi was enabled on my laptop and I was setting at the desk I couldn't get the G2 & 650 to Pair. Once I put laptop to sleep they paired instantly. I'm making sure I keep wi-fi off now on my laptop unless I actually have to use it.

I think this might have something to do with why there's no wi-fi support on 650?
    I'm having a bug where any time I tap the center button, the headset beeps incessantly nonstop. I don't know why this is happening. It won't stop until I turn it off. Sometimes when phone rings, the headset won't even pick up. I'll tap the buton to answer & the damn beeping again (with flashingblue light). Anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I'm having a bug where any time I tap the center button, the headset beeps incessantly nonstop. I don't know why this is happening. It won't stop until I turn it off. Sometimes when phone rings, the headset won't even pick up. I'll tap the buton to answer & the damn beeping again (with flashingblue light). Anyone else experience this?
    You have to pair it again with your 650. Should fix the problem right up. It keeps beeping because its having trouble pairing with the device.

Anybody know how to get the dongle to work with the Treo 600. These have got to be the most confusing instructions I've ever read in my life, and I have put together many a entertainment centers.
    is that why it does that? i have repaired it many times to no avail! anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I have the same problem even though I repaired a couple times. I can only answer call on Treo.