Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You wrote:

"No I am not a "apologist" for Palmone....I am a realest. It doesn’t matter how much memory the darn thing has, someone will find some reason to say it does not have enough Memory."..

Hmmm.. No one is complaining about the 128MB on the PPC-6601, and yet they complain about the short battery life. Valid, real criticism. If there's a 'deal-breaker' with a phone, there no point in whining when other point it out...

Realist says: "The memory is a big problem, but I think the pros outweight the cons for me on this phone"

Apologist says: "This all boils down to good memory management. People are going to have to streamline their app collections and minimize their data content. Here are some helpful hints...."

Merely my two cents....

Ben
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1000
    You wrote:

"No I am not a "apologist" for Palmone....I am a realest. It doesn’t matter how much memory the darn thing has, someone will find some reason to say it does not have enough Memory."..

Hmmm.. No one is complaining about the 128MB on the PPC-6601, and yet they complain about the short battery life. Valid, real criticism. If there's a 'deal-breaker' with a phone, there no point in whining when other point it out...

Realist says: "The memory is a big problem, but I think the pros outweight the cons for me on this phone"

Apologist says: "This all boils down to good memory management. People are going to have to streamline their app collections and minimize their data content. Here are some helpful hints...."

Merely my two cents....

Ben
    I would agree with you if I thought that the 650 did not have enough memory.....but the amount of memory that the 650 has is plenty for me. I have all of my apps loaded and still have 9 MB left.

So I am a realest, and my realest comment(s):
    * Stop b!tching and just don't by the phone!
    * If it is not for you then don't buy it!
    * If you want more memory go buy a PPC and have all of the memory you need. (because there are not that many apps available to load anyways)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    You wrote:

* Stop b!tching and just don't by the phone!

- I didn't. Sold my 600 on Ebay, and bought a PPC-6601. Lost me as a customer.

* If it is not for you then don't buy it!

- See earlier point...

* If you want more memory go buy a PPC and have all of the memory you need. (because there are not that many apps available to load anyways)

- I think that line proves my point, you apologist! :-)

Smiles,

Ben
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    P1 continues to beta test products on paying customers.
    Virtuous
    ben1000 wrote: Stop b!tching and just don't by the phone!

Good advice. I won't be buying it. Love my 600, so when anyone starts to show me their 650 screen I'll close my eyes.

My 600 is crammed with apps. Don't feel like paying, "upgrading", then having to cut back on content.

Puzzles me why anyone would want the non-volatile memory and the removable battery anyway. How hard is it to recharge at night? And after nearly a year's constant use my 600's battery is going great... But I suppose it's easy to see why P1 had to make these changes. They had to make the 650 like the other cellphones. Got tired of those complaints from cretins, "Hey my phone's charge ran down and I lost all my data ..."
    Monkpalmer

On the battery issue I agree to some extent. I have been using Palm products for years and only had the battery drain on me once (had backed up on PC so was no biggy in any case). However, there are quite a lot of advantages in having the back-up especially for people on the go and those using media players and blue tooth a lot. For instance on a flight you can happily watch a movie for example using the spare without worrying how much juice you will have left for all the other stuff you want to do.

I always carry a spare for my phone just to be safe when travelling around asia etc.

Cheers
    BBKBAZ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12