Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    If you install the AOL 31.prc, which gives you AOL, everything may seem fine..

    Until you do any kind of reset or change the battery.

    Then it will cycle and loop.

    Not only that, you will not be able to do a warm reset and delete the program as it will cycle when you try and delete.

    Beware... It took me 3 hard resets to figure this out..

    Then, I deleted the AOLMail out of the backup palmOne folder and did a sync which didn't restore it.. and things were fine.

    AIM seems to work however (which is funny because that used to cycle on the 600 sometimes (but you could take it out with a warm there).

    Hope I helped someone from a cycling problem like I had because it was ANNOYING
    Last edited by MikeRadio; 11/22/2004 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Another Person Brought Up a Point - Title Misleading
  2. #2  
    How about AOL 3.2 for the Treo? Anyone tried it?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  3. #3  
    Likewise what about 3.0. I never upgraded due to compatibility issues early on and I prefer to stay with 3.0 if it will work.
  4.    #4  
    I actually bout 3.2.1 which is supposed to be FOR THE TREO 600 at least...

    SAME THING... Well, not as bed.. It just sit son the Palm screen.. at leastr it lets you do a warm reboot and delete the program without hit syncing

    In any case.. it doesn't work though.

    If ANYONE gets an aol program to wor let me know.. I can use one
  5. #5  
    I purchased AOL 3.2.1 for the 600 and it is working fine on my 650. 5 way nav works too. I suggest installing it all by itself. Not as part of another large set of install files or restore set. Worked for me.
    Rees
  6. #6  
    cool news reesr, I was a bit concerned when I first read this thread, as aol 3.2.1 is the only other app I intend on installing on my new T650.
    Jeff
  7. #7  
    People need to be careful how they name thread titles. Saying that a product does not work for you does not mean it will not work for everybody. A better title would have been... "AOL 3.1 not working on MY 650".
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  8. #8  
    Same problem here. Main reason I got the 650 was for checking on my AOL mail.

    The first and only program I installed was the AOL 3.2.1 (Top 10 List at PalmOne) and when I reset it went into a loop. I am using versamail now and it does fine but no AOL IM.

    I am a little scared to reinstall as I have entered a good bit of info in my device and don't wan to do another hard reset to stop the loop.

    I hope someone will get this resolved as I really want to use my AOL again. Thanks
  9. #9  
    Wish me luck. Im going to try AOL 3.0. I kept it from my Treo 300 and used it on my 600. The first week I got my 600 (oct 2003) there was no working version for the 600. Im hoping it works well on the 650. I only need it to check aol email. I'll let you know how it goes.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hte2w8
    Wish me luck. Im going to try AOL 3.0. I kept it from my Treo 300 and used it on my 600. The first week I got my 600 (oct 2003) there was no working version for the 600. Im hoping it works well on the 650. I only need it to check aol email. I'll let you know how it goes.
    I just took a big chance and installed 'AOL 3.2 for Palm 5.x'. Works well but my 4way button does not navigate around, touch-screen works well though. Did a soft reset and no loop.

    I think the only difference in the 3.2 and the 3.2.1 is maybe support for the 4way nav button.

    Am I right?
  11. #11  
    What is the advantage of having the AOL for palm vs using the AOL email and IM from the sprint vision portal at no additional cost? Are there any other features besides email and IM available?
  12. #12  
    I'm very interested in installing a good AOL app on my 650 as well.. how is the buddy list function, does it update live? (sign on/offs, buddy list carrying over, etc). Right now I'm using versamail for AOL mail and verichat for IM's, but it would be cool to have a stand-alone AOL since I use that for only personal stuff.

    Plus, anyone have any screen shots of 3.2.1? because the shots on handango look like they're from the 1st ever palm version.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I'm very interested in installing a good AOL app on my 650 as well.. how is the buddy list function, does it update live? (sign on/offs, buddy list carrying over, etc). Right now I'm using versamail for AOL mail and verichat for IM's, but it would be cool to have a stand-alone AOL since I use that for only personal stuff.

    Plus, anyone have any screen shots of 3.2.1? because the shots on handango look like they're from the 1st ever palm version.
    I have been using 3.2 on my 600 since I bought it, as I seem to recall someone telling us that 3.2.1 for the 600 didnt make the dpad work, which would have been the only difference between 3.2 and 3.2.1. For that reason I didnt upgrade. I suspect I will remove the 3.2 software from the 600 before syncing the 650, and then purchase the 3.2.1 software directly from handango AOL 3.2.1 download

    In my opinion versamail was a terrible software program for what I wanted to do, so I hope to remove it from the T650 or disable it. I have aol (on the PC) setup to send me an IM when I get an email from one of about 60 senders (this number is unlimited)(keyword:alert), thus I dont have a need to be connecting regularly using 3.2 on the T600 to look at email, I know when I get an important email, then I log in on the Treo. Buddy lists work well, and update live, as well as AIM. Lastly, using AOL 3.2 automatically removes email from your inbox (the next time you log in via your PC you can still see them in Old mail), which worked terribly on Versamail.

    If I knew how to capture T600 screen shots I would, or will, when the T650 gets here this week, if someone will tell me how.
    Jeff
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    I have been using 3.2 on my 600 since I bought it, as I seem to recall someone telling us that 3.2.1 for the 600 didnt make the dpad work, which would have been the only difference between 3.2 and 3.2.1. For that reason I didnt upgrade. I suspect I will remove the 3.2 software from the 600 before syncing the 650, and then purchase the 3.2.1 software directly from handango AOL 3.2.1 download

    In my opinion versamail was a terrible software program for what I wanted to do, so I hope to remove it from the T650 or disable it. I have aol (on the PC) setup to send me an IM when I get an email from one of about 60 senders (this number is unlimited)(keyword:alert), thus I dont have a need to be connecting regularly using 3.2 on the T600 to look at email, I know when I get an important email, then I log in on the Treo. Buddy lists work well, and update live, as well as AIM. Lastly, using AOL 3.2 automatically removes email from your inbox (the next time you log in via your PC you can still see them in Old mail), which worked terribly on Versamail.

    If I knew how to capture T600 screen shots I would, or will, when the T650 gets here this week, if someone will tell me how.
    Let me know how your 3.2.1 download to your new 650 works. It sent mine into an endless rest loop. I deleted and installed 3.2 for now but would like to try it again. Hope they get it fixed. What get me is some say it worked perfectly and other said it "looped" like mine.

    Let me know how you make out.
  15. #15  
    This is the same case on my Tungsten T5, using aol mail the newest version completely takes all my bluetooth capabilities away on my t5 until I p[erfomr a hard rest and create a new username. I actually had sent this back to palm thinking it was the t5, I am glad I came across this thread. Yes aim works fine on my t5, but I had the older version of aol, and someone sent me the newest version 3.2 and it did this to my t5. I can only guess that this has to do with "garnet". This sux cause I loved aol on my palm.
  16. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #16  
    You shouldn't install AOL on ANYTHING!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    You shouldn't install AOL on ANYTHING!
    We appreciate how helpful u r Spiv......
    Jeff
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    We appreciate how helpful u r Spiv......
    Well he is right.
  19. #19  
    i've been online since 1980, and an aol member since they opened. i sort of agree with the cynics (being a web geek myself) that aol is past its prime and just for newbies, and basically all the other bad stuff they say about it.

    but darn if they still don't give me the best email service, and my wife and kids still like it, and i have REALLY liked having it on my treo300 and now the 650. i'm sure versamail is a neat program, but i still use my aol email address for the things i want the fastest. and the instant messaging on it is much better than the web messaging that comes with the 650 (though not as all-round great as a few other messaging programs)

    much as i like to hate them, i still keep my aol account...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  20. #20  
    I installed 3.2.1 after 3.0 sent my Treo into the endless loop. I havent had any more problems...not one. Works fine for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions