1.    #1  
    The memory problem discussed heavily here is a JOKE. What is P1 thinking?

As a LONG time Palm user (look at my join date), I'm hoping that they pull their head out of the sand and come up with a killer product that can compete financially in the market. The time of corporations deep pockets is long gone and Palm should focus on the consumer market with the Treo as well.

Any 'consumer' that I show the 600 and it's capapbilities is enamored with it, but they quickly become discouraged with the price.

In the next evolution of Treo I would like to see:

1. More memory
    2. Thinner, lighter design (have you seen the Motorola Blade??)
    3. Internal antenna
    4. 1-2 megapixel camera (although the 650 posts have been impressive for VGA) Flash is unimportant to me
    5. Ability to do wi-fi would be ok, but I'm hoping that cellular networks will outpace wi-fi since I would like high speed access from everywhere...not just 'hot spots'
    6. better compatibility with older programs. I don't enjoy shelling out extra $$$ to 'upgrade' programs that already work on my 600

Needless to say, I will live in my 600 world a little longer hoping that Palm does come through.

What would you like to see in the next Treo?
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    The next gen will be focused around Cobalt OS and EVDO and word is Palm is planning on releasing up to a dozen models so hardward choices won't be an issue. Multitasking and memory protection will solve a lot of problems. Compatibility might be the biggest challenge. But it sounds like Cobalt is way behind schedule.

I have no interest in WiFi when EVDO comes around. Why hunt for a WiFi hotspot? WiFi also drains much more power than EVDO.
  3.    #3  
    before I get flamed by all the 'one uppers' on this board. My Join Date was when I discovered this board (visorcentral.com) after getting my Visor Platinum . Before that I used Palm III starting in 1997-8. Been mostly an observer on the boards.

You are thinking in my direction for sure regarding connectivity Xeno!!
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrick
    2. Thinner, lighter design (have you seen the Motorola Blade??)
    Motorola Blade....haha. its called the MOTOROLA RAZOR.....RAZR to be technically right. Nice try though
    F1 will not listen to you.

by 2006, windows and linux will be eating F1's lunch.

game over.
  6.    #6  
    Yikes, I tried not getting flamed by correcting my 'long time user' statement and then get rammed for the "Blade" comment.

You say, Razr, I say Blade...You say Potato, I say Potatoe.... The darn thing is THIN as a "enter your choice of words". AND it has blue tooth, camera , full color screen, etc.
    Last edited by pcrick; 11/21/2004 at 02:04 PM.
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    F1 will not listen to you.

by 2006, windows and linux will be eating F1's lunch.

game over.
    Actually, that's not an unrealistic statement. Palm is way behind PPC and pocket Linux in terms of multitasking and memory protection. Developing apps for PPC is way easier. Palm has got to get their sh|te together or they will lose it all.
    If you don't want to get flamed, then choose a better thread title. Phrases like "Listen up Palm One" usually just antagonize, and discredit everything you write - or maybe that's your intention
    Umm, PalmOne has said themselves that they'd look into Linux because it would obviously save them licensing costs. They said it doesn't make sense now, but I don't see why PalmOne can't do Linux.

I have no interest in EVDO when it comes out at $99+ a month. I'd much rather have wifi which is going to be a cheap one time cost and work 99% of where I am everyday. I don't need to hunt for a wifi spot and by the time EVDO is widespread, so will wifi.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shady
    If you don't want to get flamed, then choose a better thread title. Phrases like "Listen up Palm One" usually just antagonize, and discredit everything you write - or maybe that's your intention
    OK, am I the enemy here? Or is this supposed to be a place for discussion of ideas?

Except for my mis-naming the new Motorola phone, I presented a clear outline of what I would like to see Palm concentrate on AND what I think the market could support. Then I politely asked for your ideas, not your edits.

Please focus on the message, NOT the messenger.
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Actually, that's not an unrealistic statement. Palm is way behind PPC and pocket Linux in terms of multitasking and memory protection. Developing apps for PPC is way easier. Palm has got to get their sh|te together or they will lose it all.

Yep, as a developer, I can easily create applications for the PPC using the .NET compact framework which is coded just like regular .net applications. I've got to learn a new language to program for Palm. Sounds like I wont be developing applications for a Palm device.
    Quote Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
    Motorola Blade....haha. its called the MOTOROLA RAZOR.....RAZR to be technically right. Nice try though
    sheesh egghead, take it easy.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!