Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    I've had my Verizon Treo for about a month now, and except for the "iddaknow" answer from Verizon about the vanishing 1X indicator, I've been pretty happy with it.
    I read here and elsewhere that so many of you are on your second, third and fourth Treo...my question is why?
    What was wrong with your Treo 600 that initiated the replacement?
    Thanks much.
    Verizon Service
    1st: dropped calls like crazy
    2nd: battery stopped holding a charge after 1 month
    3rd: so far so good (1 month and going strong)
  3.    #3  
    Curious...also, what Hardware Version?
    Mine, purchased in October is a "C"
    1. Network Search Issue
    2. Network Search Isuue
    3. Speaker

(Number 3 lasted less than a week)

I am now waiting on number 4 which pretty much blows. I know others that are on 6 or 7 with all the similar problems. This is a very poorly made product, but yeah.. the features rock.

Still, I'm getting pretty sick of waiting at PCS stores up to an hour just so I can have a guy tell me to come back in a week and wait another hour to pick up my replacemen phone.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    1. Network Search Issue after 3 months of use
    2. Network Search Issue after 1 month of use
    3. Network Search Issue sent off for this immeadiately after #2
    4. Network Search Issue
    5. No Service- Drop Call- Lock up for 10 minutes, Reset itself (all when signal was low)
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  6.    #6  
    What is the Network Search Issue?
    Are these Sprint phones or Verizons?
    Greatly appreciate the input from everyone.
    P-
    VZW phones:
    1. Dropped calls and then SMS multiple crash issue
    2. Network Search problems and then SMS mulitple crash issue
    Quote Originally Posted by chumprock
    1. Network Search Issue
    2. Network Search Isuue
    3. Speaker

(Number 3 lasted less than a week)

I am now waiting on number 4 which pretty much blows. I know others that are on 6 or 7 with all the similar problems. This is a very poorly made product, but yeah.. the features rock.

Still, I'm getting pretty sick of waiting at PCS stores up to an hour just so I can have a guy tell me to come back in a week and wait another hour to pick up my replacemen phone.
    If you have a defective phone, and the Sprint store CSR is going to order you another one, you should ask them to ship it to your home. They will usually give you a UPS return PAK to return your broken phone when the new one arrives.

The best advantage of this method is that the phone is often sent by Sprint overnight and you receive your new phone in 24-48 hours.

If your store CSR does not know how to do this, kindly ask to speak to a manager and expain you are tired of driving back/forth. They should accomadate your request.
  9.    #9  
    Network Search Issue?
    Interesting, when I set the Verizon Treo to "Home" it always says "No Service"
    Verizon told me when set for Home, "the phone looks for a very specific network, and you'll never find it." I still think it's interesting the phone can't find service when set to Home in the middle of NYC???
    Quote Originally Posted by keithmeyer
    If you have a defective phone, and the Sprint store CSR is going to order you another one, you should ask them to ship it to your home. They will usually give you a UPS return PAK to return your broken phone when the new one arrives.

The best advantage of this method is that the phone is often sent by Sprint overnight and you receive your new phone in 24-48 hours.

If your store CSR does not know how to do this, kindly ask to speak to a manager and expain you are tired of driving back/forth. They should accomadate your request.

Heh. I try hard no to erupt in the store, but it's a difficult challenge.
    When I brought my last phone in I asked them to ship it because I didn't want to come back and wait another hour for someone to just hand me a new phone. I got a line about how they need to provision it or something before they give it to me and a tech has to do it. When I said it was BS he asked me if I wanted a new phone or not... basically he threatened to not replace the phone at all. I laughed, bit my lip and just dealt with it.

Worst Customer service ever. Live and phone.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    Had my treo600 for about 3 months. on sunday, novermber 28th, treo lost its ability to speak. without the headset plugged in, the treo had no audible ring, no sound when speaker phone option chosen and no sound when playing ptunes. I figured the speaker was bad. i plug in the headset, the phone rings, ptunes plays music and, the speaker phone works. all this, functional, but only when the headset is plugged in, weird. anyway, called verizon tuesday night, received replacement treo today, replacement does not appear to be new. the person on the phone did ask if i had treo less than 15 days.

one thing i noticed with the new phone is software revision now 1.04, was 1.03 on old unit. also, guess my camera was also bad, because the images on the replacement unit are way better, see images below.

old phone
    software Treo600-1.03-VZW
    Hardware: C
    PRL Rev: 50182

new phone (looks used)
    software Treo600-1.04-VZW
    Hardware: C
    PRL Rev: 50209

in case the IMG tag does not work

new phone -> http://www.imageranch.com/files/1102039540_newphone.jpg
    old phone - > http://www.imageranch.com/files/1102039569_oldphone.jpg

http://www.imageranch.com/files/1102039540_newphone.jpg
    http://www.imageranch.com/files/1102039569_oldphone.jpg
    First one: Network Search, Battery Drain
    Second one: Network Search
    Third One: My fault - violent encounter w/ a bottle of water.
    Fourth One: screen issues (orange screen defects)

This doesn't even count the ones I've replaced for my employees. We have 5 of these at our shop and I've replaced all of them at least once, sometimes twice.

(quick edit after-the-fact)
    Carrier is Sprint, by the way... well, actually it is AirgatePCS, but they call themselves Sprint in South Carolina... :-/
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Quote Originally Posted by owenmhv

That is an amazing difference - if the lighting is the same, it looks to be about the comparison of my 600's (all 4 or 5 of them) to the 650 I used (until I sent it back to it's creator for improvement ).

Now you have me wondering if PalmOne finally did something to fix that worse than lousy 600 camera. I have Sprint, and the thing's only on extended warranty now, but if you can get images that clear out of a Treo 600 then perhaps there's hope if PalmOne doesn't get their act together with the 650 memory problems and I end up needing to buy another Treo 600 to get me by in the near future.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    BTW- in no particular order:

dead microphone
    dead battery in the newly opened replacement unit
    Network search (naturally)
    ...and 1 or 2 other issues. I think they were all different, making it fun to learn and discover new things each time...

Maybe the next time will be that the thing seems to be working without too much trouble and I'm getting worried

Treo beta tester since 10/03
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    my old treo600 and new replacement treo600 unit were held side by side when the photo was taken. I was totally amazed by the image difference as well.
    1) Dead pixels (6 month life)
    2) Center button faulty, camera terrible (1 day)
    3) Who knows I've not received it yet!
    Both phones have been GSM h/w rev. B.
    1. missed calls, weak speaker
    2. DITTO
    3. worked fine But sold it on Ebay to pay for T650

Currently using nokia 6010 waiting for 650 GSM
    Number 1: Purchased Jan 04, replaced in Jun 04 due to recurring Error 3000
    Number 2: Replaced in Jul 04 due to recurring Error 3000
    Number 3: Replaced in Nov 04 due to dead earpice & speaker
    Number 4: Replaced in Nov 04 due to "Network Search" issue

Number 5: Treo 650. Hats off to the folks at the Highway 6 Sprint store in Houston.
    Addition to previous post:

Fifth one - Treo 650 - mic issues and the "p" key doesn't work
    Sixth one - Also a 650 - On its way from Palm... we'll see what happens.
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    1st unit: spilled liquid on it and it malfunctioned (started working again though)
    2nd unit: Network search
    3rd unit: would not power on on a regular basis (would need to do a soft reset)
    4th unit: got picket fences in the screen
    5th unit: recent replacement of last still have it. Got the new 650 just beClause!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast