Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem with BC is that you can not use the internal phone features that use the palm version of contacts. To solve this problem, Dataviz made a feature that will synchronize the BC addresses to the contacts addresses. It is in a setting under the hot sync mamger after you install.

So if you use beyond contatcs and don't care about using the voice dial and internal phone features, you will have lots of extra memory space.

But the cool thing is, if you use the feature from BC to sync the addresses, BC still manages the calendar, memo pad, and todos, so only contacts are stored with the palmone software. This way you can still use all the internal phone features and save a lot of memory, because BC is managing a large portion of the database (calendar, memo, todo).[/QUOTE]

WHAT Internal Phone Features are you referring to?????
    thx
    Nice attempt at a solution, but not being able to use the contacts for the phone is a basic function of nearly every phone. I don't know if it's going to be a solution for most.
  3.    #23  
    I would really like to hear from another BC user on this board
    caller ID, sms ID, native email program, etc
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Nice attempt at a solution, but not being able to use the contacts for the phone is a basic function of nearly every phone. I don't know if it's going to be a solution for most.
    You missed the quote
    "But the cool thing is, if you use the feature from BC to sync the addresses, BC still manages the calendar, memo pad, and todos, so only contacts are stored with the palmone software. This way you can still use all the internal phone features and save a lot of memory, because BC is managing a large portion of the database (calendar, memo, todo)."

BC will sync to your contacts and allow you to use the phone features, even voice dial, caller id, return calls, etc. It is a new feature. And look at how much memory is being used by the databases that I posted earlier. It seems to be saving memory.

IF I couldn't use the phone features then I wouldn't consider it a solution either.
  6.    #26  
    Just to do a little unscientific testing, I threw 3374 contacts into my addresses, and I still have 4 mb left on my 650 with all the other junk I have on there. Maybe no one cares, but i ain't facing all the memory issues everyone else is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12