Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 177 of 177
  1. #161  
    I am going F'n nuts lol...I have my gmail on my versamail account...HOWEVER if I send an email from my COMPUTER to someone...it will show up in my VERSA inbox like I sent it to myself!!!! WTF? How do I fix this...it is becoming very annoying
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    I am going F'n nuts lol...I have my gmail on my versamail account...HOWEVER if I send an email from my COMPUTER to someone...it will show up in my VERSA inbox like I sent it to myself!!!! WTF? How do I fix this...it is becoming very annoying
    It has to do with the fact that Gmail uses threaded email (to make an email session more like a chat session). Gmail puts your outgoing mails in your inbox and threads them together to any responses (based on subject). The Gmail interface handles this. Versamail just thinks its another incoming email.

    In versamail:Options->Preferences->Filters
    set up a filter to trash any email with sender = your email address
  3. #163  
    I have a smilar problem. Anyone have any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post
    Same issue here. I was able to use Versamail to access 2 Gmail accts via pop using these instructions for a 1-1/2 years with no problem. Autosync and everything worked perfectly.

    Around the beginning of the year, everything seemed to go haywire. I have a ton of emails in both accounts and if I don't use a one week filter, it'll bog down after downloading ~200 or so emails. The bad thing is, it takes the oldest emails first, so you have no choice but to use a filter.

    However, when you enable the filter, it doesn't recognize newer emails. So, everytime you go to sync, it says some many emails were not downloaded. If I change the recent range to 1 month, that doesn't help either. I then upgraded to 3.1F hoping that would help, but no.

    The net effect is, it appears Versamail won't work any longer because it cannot properly read the Gamil date stamp. The only option I haven't tested is to disable the date filter, and simply delete the 1000's of emails in the inbox, which kind of undermines the whole idea behind having a Gmail acct.

    Has anyone else ran into this and perhaps have a fix? Incidently, this all seems to have started happening around the same time that Gmail launched their own Gmail app, which is a real PIA and resource hog. I wonder...
  4. #164  
    Scott, what do you mean by "reset gmail prefs"? What do you have to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo View Post
    Yes. GMail is not a true POP mail system and 'loses' it's pop settings every week or so. Unfortuantely they also don't allow you to reset the gmail prefs from your Treo. You can only reset from a laptop. Destroys the point of having mobil email.
  5. #165  
    You have to go settings at the gmail website while logged on there. Go to pop settings, turn it off and then turn it back on for new mail. Note that you have to use a desktop machien to do this. You can not change/fix it from your palm.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo View Post
    You have to go settings at the gmail website while logged on there. Go to pop settings, turn it off and then turn it back on for new mail. Note that you have to use a desktop machien to do this. You can not change/fix it from your palm.
    thanks for the clarification. seems to have worked (in terms of versamail recognizing which mail to download).

    now i'm having to hit the "get" button multiple times to d/l all emails. it will download 1 or 2 emails and then die with a "error retrieving message" or "message too large"...

    is this a versmail thing? should i look into spending $$ on a 3rd party mail handler like snapper/chatter?

    any suggestions?
  7. bsudyk's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #167  
    Is anyone having problems with picking up current emails. Mine is set to check every 1/2 hour. It will work for awhile and then stop retrieving current messages. I tried Chatter and Snappermail and it does the same thing. I have checked all setting and all are correct. Please help!!
    Thanks
  8. #168  
    It's a bug in gmail. Check Snapper site for more details.
    You have to reset prefs on gmail site with your desktop machine.
  9. #169  
    Getting my Gmail on my Treo has been driving me nuts for a few weeks now also.
    It either locks up while trying to connect, of error's out. Just tonight, I had to do 1 soft reset, and try the "get" button 4 times before it worked.
    My AOL, Yahoo, and an Exchange account that I have on versamail along with Gmail work flawlessly every time. gmail is the only one giving me fits.
    It's starting to get really old, Gmail is my MAIN e-mail address for personal contacts.
    I'll give the reset thing a try, and see if that helps out.
  10. #170  
    Maybe this will help. Worked for my wife's 700p.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=47948

    How should I use POP on mobile or multiple devices?

    If you're accessing your Gmail using POP from multiple clients, Gmail's recent mode makes sure that all messages are made available to each client, rather than only to the first client to access new mail.

    Recent mode fetches the last 30 days of mail, regardless of whether it's been sent to another POP client already.

    If you sign in to Gmail using your Blackberry, you're signed in to recent mode automatically. For all other POP clients, replace 'username@gmail.com' in your POP client settings with 'recent:username@gmail.com'.
  11. #171  
    ugh...I can send and receive, I just can't receive automatically.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by steng01 View Post
    Maybe this will help. Worked for my wife's 700p.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=47948

    How should I use POP on mobile or multiple devices?

    If you're accessing your Gmail using POP from multiple clients, Gmail's recent mode makes sure that all messages are made available to each client, rather than only to the first client to access new mail.

    Recent mode fetches the last 30 days of mail, regardless of whether it's been sent to another POP client already.

    If you sign in to Gmail using your Blackberry, you're signed in to recent mode automatically. For all other POP clients, replace 'username@gmail.com' in your POP client settings with 'recent:username@gmail.com'.
    That worked for me - although I would have preferred less than 30 days. Anyway, I guess I was having problems because I was pulling my gmail via the treo app and via the web. Now I can use versamail.

    thanks!
  13. #173  
    I'm looking for the "get unreade mail only" option and can't find it on a Sprint Treo 700P with Versamail 3.5.1. Any thoughts?
  14. #174  
    Dude. I created an account with treocentral.com just so i could say thank you. Incredible. Your solution was perfect.

    Thanks.
  15. #175  
    This solution worked perfectly. I created an account on treocentral.com just to say thanks.

    So Thanks.
  16. entipy's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #176  
    This original post is old, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I followed these instructions, and now I'm able to actually send/receive my Gmail through VersaMail.

    Yay!

    EDIT: I just read the other replies about creating an account just to say thanks. I did that, too. LOL.
  17. #177  
    You are a life saver. I had the same problem with Versamail not being able to send e-mail. I am a cox subscriber and versamail would recieve, but would not send. I followed your insturctions for the gmail account, and now it works just fine with cox. sends and recieves. Thanks allot. I was stumped on this one.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions