Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I Have a TREO600 and I am able to receive mails from my company server(mail.interglobe.com) When I press SEND and RECIEVE, the outbox mails dont go with the error as "we were unable.... go to the server tab of account settings to correcr this". I went to the service provider(ORANGE) showroom but they could not solve it.
    The passed the buck by saying that this problem is your company server's problem but when I confronted them by saying that same settings work fine on NOKIA and on my PC on outlook express, they said that your TREO600 is faulty!!! I ahve gone through all the pages in thsi thread but nothing works.. I can't find "PORT" as mentioned on these pages.. to change from 465 to 587.. please help..
  2. boc
    Well I discovered something interesting. I can get VersaMail to connect and retrieve my mail from Gmail if I log into the Gmail website first from Blazer. If I don't do that, VersaMail will just timeout when trying to connect.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I follow gmails instructions and used the 587 channel. And minez works perfectly so far. the first few updates. Thanks for the tip.
    boc - how do you access GMAIL on Blazer? I get a javascript error...

Also - I sync 2 GMAIL accounts on my 650 and one has recently started losing messages. It is about 3 days behind in email and even when I "get" new mail (no date settings around what to retrieve) it doesn't get the new stuff on ONE account only. So weird.
    is there a way to stop getting my sent mail with getting new mail?
    Not that I know of - it is a gmail threading issue.
    Per instructions ....
    Account Name:
    your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com')

However I am not able to enter my full username in the field provided on the accout setup in versamail.

Not sure if this is the reason i am not able to connect.
    I get to the signing on message and then get error....
    "Unable to establish PPP connection"

Any suggestions...
    THX
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    is there a way to stop getting my sent mail with getting new mail?
    Along the same lines, does anyone else have a problem with Gmail retrieving old (already read) emails? It happens to me all the time, but doesn't seem to follow any type of pattern. Sometimes it retrieves many old notes, sometimes only a few, sometimes only new notes. Drives me crazy
    Working great for me. Thx, guys.
  10. boc
    spa_girl, I've never had to do anything special in Blazer, it just worked. This is with a Cingular branded 650. The only thing I can't access is the account settings. It tells me to use a real desktop client to access that page hah.
    does anyone have any problems with palm desktop syncing? As i dont have unlimited net support on my 650, i only use my email when necessary.

however i do have quite a few messages in my inbox that i would like to just download using palmdesktop so i dont get charged. My adelphia sync's just fine when i hotsync, however i get a message that SSL connections are not supported by the desktop.

does anyone else have this problem?

i am running Versamail 3.0Ag5 November 15, 2004 on a palmone Treo650 Cing
    I'm still having problems with versamail through a gmail account. It downloads mail fine but does not send out email...saying that I need to check my mail server. I'm using smtp.gmail.com with 587 as the port. Can anyone help me?
    I've had some RANDOM luck using port 25 for the SMTP. Also port 465. But never could get 587 to work. Sometimes just changing the port from 25, trying to send and then changing back to 465 gets it going. Don't really know if the problem lies with Versamail, the GMail server or my carrier (TMo)....either way I would love to see this resolved!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Yup! Port 25 worked for me! Thanks a ton for that tip!

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I've had some RANDOM luck using port 25 for the SMTP. Also port 465. But never could get 587 to work. Sometimes just changing the port from 25, trying to send and then changing back to 465 gets it going. Don't really know if the problem lies with Versamail, the GMail server or my carrier (TMo)....either way I would love to see this resolved!
    Quote Originally Posted by nishmit
    Yup! Port 25 worked for me! Thanks a ton for that tip!
    Your welcome! Just glad I could help someone out.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    I have configured my Gmail settings using my Palm Desktop, however when I click
    "Test my settings..."
    I get SSL connections are not supported. Does this mean that just the test program can't test SSL connections or does the Palm Desktop itself not support SSL?

Thanks,
    Sid Vajirkar
    I am using Versamail v.3.0c, Treo Updated to v 1.13
    , the settings given by Gmail and port number 587 for outgoing mail. Then, I've tested the connection with Pop Gmail has been switched on.

However, just like maryann, alister, vajirkar, I received this error msg:

"SSL connections are not supported.
    Cannot form a network communication object."

Then, I unchecked the SSL box for both incoming and outgoing mails (and individually). After that, I was still unable to connect. Instead, when I tested my setting, I got:

"The specified server is invalid or is not responding.
    Cannot form a connection to the server."

- Just like Byranus.

Has anyone had the same problems but has been able to overcome it? Please help us: how'd you do it?
    OK

Newbie here! Greetings all!

Orange - UK

I get my mail fine

But sending I get this

"454 4.7. 1 TLS library initialization failure"

Wot da hell is dat?

Thanks in advance compadres!
    OK some genius on the gmail user group has the fix!!

THESE ARE THE SETTINGS TO GET YOUR TREO 650 WORK WITH

ORANGE - TREO 650 - In the UK

go to your versamail in your treo 650.
    go to account setup and click on new:
    fil out your account name. select other for mail service.
    protocol: POP

next is username: whateveryourusernam...@gmail.com
    then your password

email address: whateveryourusernam...@gmail.com
    incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
    outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com

then click on advanced:
    incoming server settings:
    port number: 955
    click on "use secure connection (SSL)"
    DO NOT CLICK ON use auth... (apop)

next is outgoing server settings
    port number: 587
    click on "use secure connection (SSL)"
    and click on "use authentication (ESMTP)
    fill out username: whateveryourusernam...@gmail.com
    and then password:

-----------

note - Orange UK incorrectly advised me to set
    outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
    this DOES NOT WORK

-----------

Phew!

Thank god for the internet eh?

Good luck to all Treo comrades struggling to get pop3 email going!!!!

Works perfect from the first post. Thanks Eric.
    I have recently experienced some problems sending messages through gmail using both ports 465 and 587. I ended up speaking to someone in sprint tech support (who spoke english) and he had a new suggestion. change the outgoing mail server to smtp.sprintpcs.com, use 25 as the outgoing port, do not use SSL, do use authentication(ESMTP). For a username you must use your vision username, this should consist of your first initial, last name, and possibly a number ie: john smith would be jsmith255@sprintpcs.com, the number is just for example. The vision username should be able to be changed, and it is listed on your bill. I am not sure if it used your account password, or vision password because I used the same password for both. As soon as i changed settings, things began to work beautifully, the only downside is that sent mail does not appear on the server.