Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great screenshots. I woul dbe interested in the version of VersaMail you were using. I have the version that came with the Treo 650, and the setup screens are a bit different...

On a side note, anyone else having timeout issues with the Gmail servers today?
    Yes, I have a 650 too and the setup screens are a little different. I FINALLY got it working. Now maybe I can get rid of my one Hotmail paying account and the one Free Hotmail account.
    I have been unable to get email from Gmail using the Agendus Mail program. The program attempts to get the mail but just hangs with a "connecting" message. Gmail works OK on my desktop computer. From the setup instruction above the problem is that Agendus Mail doesn't have a screen for enabling SSL.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Yes, I have a 650 too and the setup screens are a little different. I FINALLY got it working. Now maybe I can get rid of my one Hotmail paying account and the one Free Hotmail account.
    How did you get it working? My Versamail screen for the invoming server is layed out a bit differntly and does not have the "Get unread messages", the "Leave messages on server" option, or the "Maximum message" size option.

When I try to retrieve mail, it times out. Sending mail also times out. I have only one bar of signal at my home. Would that make a difference? I can retrieve from my other pop (non-Gmail) accounts without problems.

Also, I came across something called SprintPCS Business Connection. Does anyone have that installed? Is it free? Is it a better option than versamail?

TIA.
    I'm new to the treo 650 (and entire treo line and palm OS, for that matter too). Just setup my 2 day old treo with gmail which worked great thanks to all the awesome posters here... well, I then changed my sprint vision account information from sprint's webpage and havoc ensued with my vision data services... called sprint and got things straight for the most part (web and gmail good... still can't get my sprint mail, but I don't care about that anyway). What I need now is a sanity check with regards to the steps that should occur when you do a "get" on your gmail account as it seems much slower than before. Can anyone confirm that this is what should be occuring:
    -Connecting to Mail Server...
    -Sync Palm Changes...
    -Checking for new messages
    (and then it retrieves any new mail if it exists)

Thanks...
    Bryanus,

I had the same exact problem you described with my Treo 650, regardless of where I was, so I don't think it has to do with your one bar showing.

I decided to try out the BizConn thing (it's free for us with the vision plan) and it's great. You register from the sprint website and they let you download and install bizconn on your desktop. This program basically syncs your outlook calendar, contacts, and email with your Treo in real time. So whenever you make a change on your treo, the change automatically happens on your desktop, no matter where you are.

It's nifty. BUT, the bad part is that Gmail's smtp (outgoing) doesn't seem to be working on my outlook as well! I'm starting to think it's a glitch with Google...

sam
    Try changing the port number to 587 instead of 465. That worked for me in Outlook.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Why are the later screenshots different? I have to click on an advanced tab to get port and SSL options.
    My versamail is 3.0 oct 19,2004
    P.S. - still having trouble sending gmail via pop. "error while attempting to login" and now I can't get incoming either!
    Last edited by gladman; 12/01/2004 at 10:20 AM.
    gmail working bettter now, but intermittent. I even had problems earlier with my outlook pop although internet email was always fine. there may be some issues with gmail. outlook gives error message of SSL not supported by pop server, which is not the case when its working.

Versamail tends to work better when I send the email as opposed to outboxing it and using the get/send bulk command.
    get/send often gives me "error while attempting to login" message.

This message error just hapened again, I clicked OK, then versamail sent the outbox, then I re-clicked get, and it got the inbox. very odd indeed. and quite intermittent.

and yes, I have configured properly according to gmail and this thread.
    Last edited by gladman; 12/01/2004 at 05:07 PM.
    <em>P.S. - still having trouble sending gmail via pop. "error while attempting to login" and now I can't get incoming either!</em>

I'm getting this too and I know my info is correct. UGH!
    Well, all i use is The versaMail program that came pre-loaded on the 650. I have set it up all correctly for Gmail and can recieve all my mail fine. Whenever i try and send i cant. The First post says he can recieve AND send ... i always get this message:

535 5.7.1 Credentials Rejected.

Anyone know what thats for? Thanks =)
    1. I found that only port 587 for SMTP will work with Gmail. With the other port, I get timeouts. With 587 (and of course the other options) it works great. I also noticed that my Versamail setup screens for my 650 are different than the screenshots shown, but I was able to determine the proper settings anyway.

2. Regarding the BellSouth issue, I ran into something similar with CharterMI.net (cable company) where I am at. Evidently, they only allow outgoing email from one of their own IP addresses, and their SMTP server doesn't support authentication. Therefore, I can't send email from Versamail out of their SMTP server. Perhaps Bellsouth has the same setup? So, I just set the outgoing SMTP to smtp.sprintpcs.com (and the authentication info and other settings), and it works great now.

Incidentally, I now have 4 separate email accounts set up in Versamail, and all of them work great (thanks in part to this forum).
    has anyone solved the problem of if the outlook fetches the email from gmail pop3 acct, even thought it sets "leave mail in server", it won't fetch again on Snappermail on Treo 600?
    I just got my GSM Treo 650 so I'm not sure if things are different to me since most of the people on this board seem to have Sprint one. Anyways, my outgoing mail works fine. I can send emails no problem. However, when I try to download mail it seems to have issues. In the beginning, it couldn't download mail because it said I had set an incorrect timeframe (i.e. I had it set to 1 or 3 days), which didn't make sense to me. Now it doesn't give me that error message. It says "checking for new messages" and then it just disconnects from the server as if I didn't any new mail. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by uclexx
    I just got my GSM Treo 650 so I'm not sure if things are different to me since most of the people on this board seem to have Sprint one. Anyways, my outgoing mail works fine. I can send emails no problem. However, when I try to download mail it seems to have issues. In the beginning, it couldn't download mail because it said I had set an incorrect timeframe (i.e. I had it set to 1 or 3 days), which didn't make sense to me. Now it doesn't give me that error message. It says "checking for new messages" and then it just disconnects from the server as if I didn't any new mail. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    did you fetch the gmail from outlook or anywhere else other than treo650?

i found out from some posts indicate it is gmail's issue. seems email once 'pop3'd' and it won't be fetched again
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    did you fetch the gmail from outlook or anywhere else other than treo650?

i found out from some posts indicate it is gmail's issue. seems email once 'pop3'd' and it won't be fetched again
    having some problems fetching from gmail too. Have it set to only pick up unread messages in the past 1 day (of which I have 2). I do use Gmail notifier in Firefox which looks for new messages every once in a while. Half the time, Versamail just times out. When it does fetch, why does it show that it's retrieving 1 of XXX messages and then tell me that it will only fetch X since those are unread in the past 1 day?

I know this is the case since those are the settings I chose, wonder why they have to remind me of it...

oh well, back to playing around with it...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Does anyone know if this will work on the 650 on TMo with T-Zones access...ie are the right ports open to TZones?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Yeah, I think the fetch thing may be my problem. To remedy this problem, I just forwarded all my gmail email to a comcast account I setup. And then I just setup the Versamail to get my comcast email. Now its working perfectly! I just have to switch between accounts to check and send mail which isn't a big deal since I probably only send out 1 email from my treo for every 15 messages I get. Thanks for the suggestions though guys.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NavXO
    Still having problems with Snappermail on T600? Been using mine with a POP3 account now for several weeks without any problems
    What about Chatter email? I hear it's great. Does it work on the 650.
    I thought it was for the 600. I'm not sure what the difference is
    between POP and IMAP. Will Chatter/Versamail/Snapper all work with
    POP Gmail?

By the way, if anyone needs/wants an invite to GMail.. email me.
    THANKS!
    I'm having problems with my POP3 gMail, it retreives but then gets this message:
    we were unable to send mail using: smtp.gmail.com. Please go to the Server Tab of Account settings to correct this.

I'm just using the email client that comes on the 600.
    what should I change outgoing to?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast