1.    #1  
    I keep reading on TC statements saying that we should give PalmOne weeks to come out with a solution. Why do we have to give them so much time to make a public statement? It sounds to me that PalmOne wants something more like forget about it and live with it kind of thing. All we are asking is to make an official announcement saying the what/why/how/when/where of the solution for the memory issue. Seriously the Treo 650 should be RECALLED before it spreads to more people and then becomes more expensive for PalmOne to come out with a fix.
    Putting more memory or fixing the new file system is not an upgrade that should be solve in the next Treo, IT IS a DESIGN FAILURE that should be fixed NOW!

Don't stop complaining Treo Folks, let them hear your voices LOUD and CLEAR.

Al
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    what the non power users dont know wont hurt them ... at least not yet.
    T650 users...
    Please go to CNET,ZDNET BARGAIN PDA etc and leave a brief review hammering home this point. Do not let them get away easily.
    Even if the memory is not affecting you, please do it for the sake of future devices to come. Help send the message that we will decide what we want, not what they will choose.
    Where is Dalai lama today ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    T650 users...
    Please go to CNET,ZDNET BARGAIN PDA etc and leave a brief review hammering home this point. Do not let them get away easily.
    Even if the memory is not affecting you, please do it for the sake of future devices to come. Help send the message that we will decide what we want, not what they will choose.
    Do you even own a Treo 650???
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    All we are asking is to make an official announcement saying the what/why/how/when/where of the solution for the memory issue.
    "Official" statements from public companies usually come after they have had time to assess the problem fully so as to minimize the damage to themselves and their stock.

As a consumer, you have a right to be upset. However, this is (a) not a manufacturer defect, and by that I mean it has no safety or security implications, and (b) nobody made you buy it -- you are well within your window of time to return your Treo. An argument could be made that PalmOne misrepresented the memory by not telling the consumers the full story; however, again it is indeed 32mb inside -- they never lied about that.

Now the IR problems could qualify as a recallable item assuming a bad batch of hardware was shipped. Saying there's not enough memory is not.

As a matter of customer relations, PalmOne will likely create some sort of patch to change the cluster size, or patch the applications to use a different data structure to optimize the space it uses. However, as with all software engineering efforts, this is not an overnight job, and if it comes in the form of a flash upgrade, they will have additional issues such as end-user device flashing.
    FYI. With the treo600 they released it in september 03. They didn't release a patch until May 04. I wouldn't expect anything soon.
    Recall?

if they didn't do it for the 40 percent failure rate of the 600, they sure won't for the 650.

F1 will ignore this.
    Rome

No, I do not have a unit yet.
    I am waiting for GSM.
    I do recognize from your posts that you are a happy customer. Congratulations!!!
    But majority on the board are still not happy about memory issues.
    I use lot of data and this is going to affect me.Therefore keenly expressing my dissatisfaction.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 11/21/2004 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Rome

No, I do not have a unit yet.
    I am waiting for GSM.
    I do recognize from your posts that you are a happy customer. Congratulations!!!
    But majority on the board are still not happy about memory issues.
    I use lot of data and this is going to affect me.Therefore keenly expressing my dissatisfaction.
    Then do it in one of the multiple threads already available on this subject.
    Do we really need multiple threads on this issue?
    If people would read around a little they would also see that P1 is looking into the issue to decide what they will do. Don't expect anything until they've had a chance to get their decision makers together with their engineers and figure out a solution.
    Whether you like it or not, you have two choices right now, don't buy it/return it or wait for them to figure things out.
    Let's get back to the point. PalmOne should make it public that what was considered 32MB for 10 years is no longer the case. Right now if someone were to pick up a Treo 600 box and a Treo 650 it would seem that they have exactly the same capacity of storing data. No one can argue that it fair that they appear the same in every way.

Then again according to my Treo 600 box, wifi and bluetooth are available for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    F1 will ignore this.
    F1 again?

Thats the second mention in the last hour or so.

Am I missing something?
    We all know that Palm has a terrible track record of admitting problems let alone fixing them. I'm sure that it will be quite some time before they fix this problem too. It's unfortunate, but it doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from buying treos, so whats the incentive on their part?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    F1 will ignore this.
    Why would you expect Formula 1 racing to get into this?
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried using MSMount to alleviate the problem. This program uses the database files located on a mounted directory on an SD card and makes them appear to reside in RAM on the device. This fools most applications to seamlessly access the database without having to copy the data from SD card to RAM first such as with Zlauncher or PowerRun. Perhaps this could be implemented in the OS to allow a much larger (up to 1GB) "storage" memory for databases.