Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone outthere using ePocrates on the 650? How is the memory issue in relation to ePocrates large databases? How much memory is it occupying?
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 11/21/2004 at 03:05 PM.
    Hi,
    I am waiting for GSM . I do remember trbk215 mentioning using epocrates on T650.
    Try emailing him or waitfor him to post a reply.
    hi acousticbiker.
    I use epocrates 7.0 with dx, rx, qid, med tools, chol charts, etc.

it uses a total of 6.4 mb of ram.
    I use flyzip xr to compress epocrates for when I am not using it. however I've heard flyzip has been causing crashes on the treo 650 for some reason.
    so to avoid that, id try to use zlauncher (seems to be the best solution so far ) or power-run.

hope that helps! let me know.
    ZL nor PowerRun does much for EPoc, especially with the DocMemo, DocAlerts, etc. Now there is an old utility by Toysoft called AvantageRX that will carry over the Ex portion of the database to the SD and does a nice job, BUT it only gets the Ex part, not the DocMemo, MEDtools, etc...so maybe we can plea with Toysoft to update Avantage
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    really!? wow, palmone REALLY needs to fix this memory problem! I NEED epocrates so I can't buy a device whose storage ram can't be engineered to make room for it!
    will wait until a handy solution that efficiently compresses epocrates on the t650 is found then. obviously im still using the treo 600.
    Sorry treobk214, for making it 215 in my earlier post.
    Any of you know about "Uptodate' and availbility in future for Palm based devices.
    Uptodate is not currently available for Palm os.You can get it for pocket PC and nicely fits on 1 GB card.
    It is a great resource for medical community.
    nice find. im going to look into it.
    mtreosexual, wow! this (uptodate) is an EXCELLENT resource!!! thankyou for sharing!
    Thanks treobk214.
    I have emailed uptodate to consider making this available for Palm OS based device as substantial number of people belonging to medical community use Palm.
    We have institutional subscription, therefore itis accesible from every terminal.It is great to have this thing on your handheld, but at this point we can only wait.
  10.    #10  
    treobk214, I was actually looking to see if anyone has loaded ePocrates Essentials (the complete package) on the 650 to see how much memory it would take on the new memory allocation system. Was the 6.4MB you quoted on the 650?
    I am also interested in running at least Essentials. If I cant use Epocrates, not sure if I should swing to the 650. Ouch.
    I actually just emailed ePoc if there is a way just to get the Rx portion. In mental health, I use the DSM 4 anyway and don't need the Dx or other med stuffs

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Thanks Monkey, please keep us posted.
    sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    treobk214, I was actually looking to see if anyone has loaded ePocrates Essentials (the complete package) on the 650 to see how much memory it would take on the new memory allocation system. Was the 6.4MB you quoted on the 650?
    I have everything loaded except for the lab section, the recently integrated addition to epocrates. so my epocrates uses 6.4 - 6.5 mb ram.

i would guess epocrates essentials probably takes up 7 possibly 8 mb ram. just a guess.

it truly boggles my mind why palmone did not consider that these applications would be cornerstones for many healthcare professionals who would buy their treo 650. memory should have been 64 mb ram. no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I actually just emailed ePoc if there is a way just to get the Rx portion. In mental health, I use the DSM 4 anyway and don't need the Dx or other med stuffs
    Try MobilePDR http://www.mobilepdr.net/pdrnet/librarian for the drug-only info.
  17.    #17  
    treobk214, have you loaded ePocrates on a 650 or are you quoting memory numbers from a 600?
    I have a 600 and am waiting for the GSM 650 and use epocrates. Am I to understand that it will not fit on the 650? Is there a workaround? Just trying to clarify this before ordering...
    Has anyone tried MSMount which uses the databases located on the SD card and tricks the applications as if they were in RAM.
    http://www.geocities.jp/tatsuonagama...t5/index-e.htm
    This should work on the Treo600, so does this work for Treo650?
  20.    #20  
    ebcohn, there are many threads that address the memory problems of the 650--any program with large databases (like ePocrates) can occupy more than its usual memory; sometimes significantly more!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast