Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My wife uses Mobipocket to read her Harriet Lane book and the mobilePDR. Mobipocket is a bit retarded, but they both work well on the SD card. I like software that gives you the option of installing either itself or its data files on the card, rather than have you move it over manually. It means they DESIGNED it to work off the card. The Harriet Lane book is about 4MB, and version 4.8 of MobiPocket Reader Pro is SD card friendly.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    My wife uses Mobipocket to read her Harriet Lane book and the mobilePDR. Mobipocket is a bit retarded, but they both work well on the SD card. I like software that gives you the option of installing either itself or its data files on the card, rather than have you move it over manually. It means they DESIGNED it to work off the card. The Harriet Lane book is about 4MB, and version 4.8 of MobiPocket Reader Pro is SD card friendly.

Love your avatar, we have a cairn terrier too. weve found that once you get a cairn, you`ll never have another dog! they are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    treobk214, have you loaded ePocrates on a 650 or are you quoting memory numbers from a 600?
    these are numbers from a treo 600. i havent upgraded to the treo650 because of the memory issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR02
    I have Epoc Pro version - doesn't have Dx or lab tabs - everything else included - Also using Merck medicus mobile as a reference tool - however, I have maxed out the memory and can't install anything else. I wanted to add a voice dialer but not enough memory - thinking about getting rid of Merck and maybe trying the UpTo Date - I wonder if it uses less memory?

UPtodate is only available for pocket PC and will need 1 gb card.Also it is a comprhensive encyclopedia with updated refrences on various topics unlike epocrates and merckmedicus.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    epocrates ( the edition with DX) is a good reference and I do like their interface. The Dx part is actually the 5MMC (5 min medical consult) which is an OK book for quick reference. I have other medical ebooks from skyscape (also SD/MMC friendly) that takes care of other reference needs.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    skyscape products they are running smoothly no problems like
    http://www.skyscape.com/EStore/Produ...?ProductID=220

treo 650 GSM
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Which is the best?

It sounds like UpToDate is not an option on the 650?
    Can someone post a link to the site?

Alternatives were mentioned that use up less memory or
    are SD-friendly. But is there a downside? I like the pocket
    Tarascon for most of my needs, so if the PDA version is
    good, then I may go with that. What are the negatives
    about the alternatives?

Re. Epoc... I've used it before on my Clie and liked it, but
    I didn't use all the other stuff. I mainly need it to look up
    drug info, doses, rx, contraindications, adverse effects,
    etc....

As always... thanks!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Besides Epocrates, and any other good drug guides..
    what else are people using on their 650?

References? Patient-tracking/census? EMR?
    Also, just curious.. what specialties are you?
    I'm urology.

Thanks..
    Yeah Uptodate is not an option for palm os at present.
    I had epocrates on 600. No medical software at present on T650.
    I 'm GI Joe .
    I have the entire epocrates suite functioning on my 650, and let me say, it hurts. This program has eaten up a MASSIVE amount of my memory. I estimate that it uses a minimum of 9mb. I just tried deleting Tables and Medmath and everything seems to work well still. I found if those will get reinstalled or if I get an error when I try to sync again (I'm away from my sync cable right now). I really only use the Rx and ID sections. The Dx section is good for those unusual diseases that I just need to remind myself about, otherwise, I'd rather read them in a text. I like looking up the ICD's though.

I have found that Datebk5 now uses twice as much memory as it did on my 600 (over 1mb).
    Last edited by GalenMD; 02/21/2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Here's what I have (medical apps) in my Treo 650: (as you can see from my books, I am a neurologist)
    5mNeuro (skyscape)
    Evidence Based Medicine (Skyscape)
    emNeuro (Skyscape)
    Amirsys Pocket Radiologist
    Lexi (Complete and Interact with tons of books)
    Medcalc (installed in SD)
    I use HaDBase for patient tracking (among other things)
    Lots of ISilo medical ebooks

Have uninstalled epocrates (the entire suite) because it is HUGE and NOT external card compatible.
    The Doctor is IN!
    I paid for a bunch of Handheldmed books a couple of years ago and they have yet to release a compatible version of their reader for the 650. It is so frustrating that Skyscape has been able to do it but Handheldmed hasn't. Has anyone tried contacting Handheldmed? I did but didn't get anywhere.
    any updates on the new version of ePoc that is supposed to support SD card?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I don't know if that version of ePoc will ever come out. I have paid up for a 2 year subscription of the "essentials" version but, sadly, am not using it in my Treo now because of it being a memory hog. They keep on saying that they are working on it...but that's been their answer since 2-3 years ago.
    The Doctor is IN!
    I was tired of waiting for epocrates to get with current technology for Sd support and have switched to Tarascon. Very happy. excellent support if you have a question. They emailed me back in minutes. ( I am not associated with them in any way)

By the way, Epocrates is beta testing sd card use. I tested it.....caused resets like crazy so I deleted it.

I will stick with Tarascon
    Just got an email from Epocrates that the official expansion card version of Dx is out. Anyone try it yet?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschr
    Just got an email from Epocrates that the official expansion card version of Dx is out. Anyone try it yet?
    I've been using it for a couple of weeks now without any problems. Saved me 2MB.
    I only use the Rx free version of Epocrates. Is there a way to safely delte the components (bloatware) that I don't use?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschr
    When I click on Memory Management in Dx it still tells me "Coming Soon." I update at least a couple of times a week. I haven't received the email yet. I have the pro version with all the extras.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    When I click on Memory Management in Dx it still tells me "Coming Soon." I update at least a couple of times a week. I haven't received the email yet. I have the pro version with all the extras.
    Login to you ePocrates account online and redownload the software.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast