Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    and ePoc in particular that uses several different creator id's
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Epocrates is complete BLOATWARE!!!! I understand the free version is attractive, but the damn app installs all the premium components whether you like it or not and gives you no way of automatically removing them! Furthermore, the premium components all have different creator ID's as 100th mentioned meaning you can't even delete or remove the components easily!!! ARHHHHHHH!!! It's these types of app that really **** me off, regardless of whether they are free or not. Epocrates should NOT force you to download the extra storage sucking addons in their free version if you don't want it. I believe their motive is probably to make users buy the subscription or delete. I heartily recommend the latter!! There's soo many other drug references like Tarascon etc that are soo much better and actually support the storage card natively without the need for excrutiating workarounds to scrounge for space...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa8Claws
    Has anyone tried MSMount which uses the databases located on the SD card and tricks the applications as if they were in RAM.
    http://www.geocities.jp/tatsuonagama...t5/index-e.htm
    This should work on the Treo600, so does this work for Treo650?
    I just tried the latest version of MSMount. It crashes my Treo 600 often, so I'm sure it would be even more unstable on the 650.
    Hey monkey,

I got a dumb question. Do they have an electronic version of hte DSM 4? That would be pretty cool.

PU

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I actually just emailed ePoc if there is a way just to get the Rx portion. In mental health, I use the DSM 4 anyway and don't need the Dx or other med stuffs
    I'll PM you when I have a bit more time

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Guys, epocrates 7 is making my treo 650 crash. Any bright ideas? Anyone actually have it working? That way I'll know if it's my prob or the app's problem.
  7.    #27  
    I've got ePocrates Essentials up and running without any problems.
    I like epoc and used it a lot since up to date is only for ppc devices.....but I like pepid better. I am not sure how it will interface. I've had numerous crashes already, so I'm a little nervous about installing it. If any one has any advice that would be great
    I tried AdvantageRx. it does what it says, but I don't really like it. You have to launch epocrates through advantageRx and it is slow to launch. Also you can't launch it with a single hard button push.
    well, i had to do a hard reset and install epocrates essentials from scratch on a fresh device. only then did it work. weird, b/c i installed epocrates on a fresh device already, but did not do it first. more like 10th or something. probably some app that it didn't jive with? But I now have all the same apps as before, just installed in a different order. odd. anyway, intsall each app ONE BY ONE is the moral of the 650 story. but dang this thing resets alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    Hey monkey,

I got a dumb question. Do they have an electronic version of hte DSM 4? That would be pretty cool.

PU
    I don't think that the APA has an official release, but I'll PM you what I know

Quote Originally Posted by keithmeyer
    Thanks Monkey, please keep us posted.
    I got an email from them saying that due to heavy volume they will take a long time to respond

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Epocrates is complete BLOATWARE!!!! I understand the free version is attractive, but the damn app installs all the premium components whether you like it or not and gives you no way of automatically removing them! Furthermore, the premium components all have different creator ID's as 100th mentioned meaning you can't even delete or remove the components easily!!! ARHHHHHHH!!! It's these types of app that really **** me off, regardless of whether they are free or not. Epocrates should NOT force you to download the extra storage sucking addons in their free version if you don't want it. I believe their motive is probably to make users buy the subscription or delete. I heartily recommend the latter!! There's soo many other drug references like Tarascon etc that are soo much better and actually support the storage card natively without the need for excrutiating workarounds to scrounge for space...
    try getting the paid version, I love it. They have great support by the way. If the program components were all stored on a card, it would not be the fast responsive ap that you need when you are sitting in a room with a patient trying to answer a question.
    does the paid version have fewer components?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Try MobilePDR http://www.mobilepdr.net/pdrnet/librarian for the drug-only info.
    psychologists, unforntunately, do not appear to be able to enjoy the benefits of that site

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    does the paid version have fewer components?
    No it does not. It has the same number of components. It is a big program no doubt. If you really do not need speed in your use of a medical program, something like uptodate sounds pretty good. I guess it depends on your situation. Has anyone tested the speed on looking up drug information on epocrates versus these other programs that can be stored on cards? I know that would be of major interest for many practitioners.
    here is my question:

Customer (Shawn McCall) 11/21/2004 10:48 AM
    Is there anyway to configure the free version of Epocrates so that I only have the Rx database? I don't really need DocMemo, DocAlert, or MedTools. I really just want the prescriptions. How can I streamline the application so it still works without the extras that I really don't need?

here is their first response:

Response (Marcy Cody) 12/03/2004 03:00 PM
    Good day Shawn. You can remove these manually from the handheld, the problem is that when you sync again, our server identifies that components of the program are missing and puts them back. So there is no way to *permanently* remove them but you can do it temporarily if you need to free up extra space.

aye aye aye...these people

pharmacists apparently don't need the info that the PDR has to offer, either. odd...

I use Epocrates on my treo600, but the memory shortage and inefficient use of processing power are too great for me to switch to the 650 just yet. I'm still on the fence though....as with all new gadgets, it seems like 50% of the ppl say it's not a big deal, and 50% say it's a dealbreaker.
    anyways....I'm not sure how similar the PC program "Uptodate" is, but those that are looking for a free, fully functional, SD-card friendly medical program should check out:

http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hc...le_medicus.jsp

I'm a retail pharmacist and use Epoc, Medicus, and MobileMicromedex on my treo several times a day. I still can't believe that medicus is free....it's so informative, and much more inclusive than any PDR program. Hope this helps :-)
    I have Epoc Pro version - doesn't have Dx or lab tabs - everything else included - Also using Merck medicus mobile as a reference tool - however, I have maxed out the memory and can't install anything else. I wanted to add a voice dialer but not enough memory - thinking about getting rid of Merck and maybe trying the UpTo Date - I wonder if it uses less memory?
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I used to use epocrates (the version that also includes Dx, labs, etc) when I had my TReo 600 and it is completely bloatware. Sadly, I had to uninstall it from my Treo 650 because of memory issues. I am using Lexi-Comp series of books which can be placed in the SD card. I asked the people from epocrates to consider SD support but they kept on saying that it wouldn't work because of the updating during hotsync. Lexi-Comp does this VERY well...update databases during hotsync and all of my data/books are in my SD!
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast