Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The phone is GREAT!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    I repeat - What is ZLauncher? How will it help the memory problem?
    ZLauncher allows you to run the application and keep the data files on the SD card. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62952

The 1GB SD cards are in the $50-60 range now so the purchase of an SD card should not be a big thing after laying out the cash for the 650.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Look at the top of the 650 forum there is a thread titles "My Working Power User Treo 650 Setup!! "

Yes it is 3rd party software, but i don't think most people will need it. I don't think your contacts are over the top at 600. All the memory issue is is that - like a hard drive - the system now takes up a whole larger block of space instead of a small block of space, think of it as rounding up to the next block. Now a lot of space can be wasted doing this, but i am not sure that your single issue - one application will trigger a problem.
  4. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    Look at the top of the 650 forum there is a thread titles "My Working Power User Treo 650 Setup!! "

Yes it is 3rd party software, but i don't think most people will need it. I don't think your contacts are over the top at 600. All the memory issue is is that - like a hard drive - the system now takes up a whole larger block of space instead of a small block of space, think of it as rounding up to the next block. Now a lot of space can be wasted doing this, but i am not sure that your single issue - one application will trigger a problem.
    Since my database is in Act it has a ton of other fields in addition to name/address/phone/email, etc. I guess I won't know if the new file structure creates a problem until I actually get the 650 and try it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12