1.    #1  
    My Seidio 2-in-1 adaptor died just recently--it's less than 6 months old, and I'm a bit upset, to say the least. The metal bits inside the cable have broken through the rubber at the base of where the part that plugs into the Treo is. I haven't even used it that much--I used it for a while at first, then didn't use it for a few months and started again the past month or so, so it hasn't had heavy use and I haven't abused it or anything.

Has anyone else had this problem with one of these adaptors or the headphone sets? I'm planning to email Seidio, but is it worth it? Will they actually reply to my complaints? I think under EU law (I'm in the UK and bought it from Spain), it should still be protected, but I'm not sure, and I don't remember what the warranty for it was.

Mine's the non-retractable version--is the retractable one more sturdy? Not that I'm wanting to buy anything else from Seidio after this broke so soon, plus the fact they charged me over $8 postage for something that cost less than 1 to mail.
    Hi Lilitu 93,

Please send us an email to rma@seidio-europe.com. We will start the exchange process immediately. Please include your order number.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be emailing you very shortly.
    Hi - I am now on my 2nd two in one headset for my treo 600 and need a third as the first 2 have broken. I think its a little rediculous that I have had these problems as I dont use it that much.The wire is showing on one of the cables and the sound has completely cut out on one of the earbuds.
    The first one just died inexplicably in one of the ears. I bought the headsets off ebay so Im sure they will say they cant cover it. I already emailed seidio the first time this happened and got no reply. I dont really fancy paying out $40 off ebay or $50 from Seidio again (for a third time) but what choices are available? Its amazing that there is only one manufacturer of this sort of thing.
    I just checked their site and they charge an extra $8 for the same product ($43 Vs $35) but on the European site (plus postage)!!? Wheres the logic here???
    Last edited by ashleymarks; 11/25/2004 at 08:50 PM.
    Hi Ashleymarks,

Some of the problems you mentioned is our earliest version. Please contact RMA@seidio.com. We have shipped many 2 in1 headsets. the return rate is quite low. Very sorry for the problems you experienced.

Seidio
    HI,

AS to the price difference between our European site and Global site, It is due to we have to add 18% VAT (value added tax) for any order shipped from our Warehouse in Spain to meet government requirements. I hope this clear any confusion it may have.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Seidio very kindly replaced my first 2 in 1 Retractable in early October (the first one lasted a month)....and NOW just in time for our Thanksgiving holiday, my replacement went silent...about 6 weeks life this time.
    I've written RMA@seidio.com asking for another replacement; that is, if they're game.
    I'm a very gentle user, I just don't get it.
    Last edited by puyi; 11/27/2004 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    bump
    I don't know about contacting seidio directly...but I did get my seidio 2in1 replaced twice through treocentral.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    HI,

AS to the price difference between our European site and Global site, It is due to we have to add 18% VAT (value added tax) for any order shipped from our Warehouse in Spain to meet government requirements. I hope this clear any confusion it may have.

Seidio
    Still no word from them after I contacted them - Im thinking of giving up hope!
    Hi Ashleymarks

Our RMA department has looked for your email, but can not locate it.
    Can you send your email again please to margaret@seidio.com ? I will get this taken care of right away.

Customer Service Coordinator
    Margaret Torres
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I've received my third retractable 2 in 1 this past week. I am hopeful this one will last. Nonetheless, Seidio's customer service has been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    Seidio very kindly replaced my first 2 in 1 Retractable in early October (the first one lasted a month)....and NOW just in time for our Thanksgiving holiday, my replacement went silent...about 6 weeks life this time.
    I've written RMA@seidio.com asking for another replacement; that is, if they're game.
    I'm a very gentle user, I just don't get it.
    retractables suck, break too easily.
    I have to say I have had my 2 in i adapter (the one where you can use your own headphones) for a month and it broke as well. I have high hopes for this product because it's so useful especially if you use your treo to listen to music or watch avi's. I did send an email to Seidio but missed the ship window. when I sent a follow up email to get another rma # no one responded. Seidio Please help.

Also I'm planning on getting a 650 will this item work with it too?
    thanks,
    JP
    Hi Jp

Please send me an email dsc@seidio.com, I will have it be exchanged right away.

Sorry for the problem.

DavidChang
    Seidio
    Hi Jp

This works with Treo 650, but it still requires to use the switch. The Treo 650 specific 2 in 1 headset will be available this week. No switch is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Ashleymarks

Our RMA department has looked for your email, but can not locate it.
    Can you send your email again please to margaret@seidio.com ? I will get this taken care of right away.

Customer Service Coordinator
    Margaret Torres
    all sorted out now - took a while but cant fault seidio for effort - they wanted to fix the situation and have done. I received a working headphone set as promised. Thanks very much!