1.    #1  
    Hello all! Newbie Treo user here and I have a quick question that I was hoping someone can help me with:

I currently installed a lot of songs on my SD Card. After doing so I realized that I couldn't manage the files on them using the desktop manager. I read that ZLauncher was able to manage all files so i d/l it.

To be honest...it's very confusing for me. I'm very afraid I'm going to delete something I shouldn't or keep something I should get rid of. I was wondering if there was an alternative method to manage files on my SD card.

Thanks all!
    There is a program called Card Export 2, or you can get a card reader for your computer, there is another program called Palm File Browser that will do it too

Of course I don't yet know if either prgram is 650 compatible.

Anyone...??
    Search for FileZ on palmgear.com
    FileZ has the same interface he was saying confused him with the Zlauncher.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah sorry, but I just dl-ed FileZ and unfortunately, the interface is really confusing...I'll try the Card Export 2...thaanks a lot sxtg! it's much appreciated!
  6.    #6  
    Quick question again...If i use card export 2, can i install programs and what not on to the SD card w/ it? (as in all the databases, etc)
    Yes & no you can access and copy files 2 & from your pc. If you want 2 install programs to your card I recomend you read the manual that came with Zlauncher.... it reall is easy to use! its just like using Windows
  8.    #8  
    I'll give it a shot...Thanks so much for your help sxtg! I really mean it, you've been a GREAT help!
    Dude why make things more complicated? I say suck it up learn to use the various FREEWARE file managers for palmos like filez, filecaddy and etc.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunk,
    right at the moment Zlauncher really seems to be the only solution to this memory fiasco.

I had already called for a return & now I love this phone I have more apps than I used to use on my 600!

It does suck you gotta pay for it though. I think palm one should bundle it in light of the problem!
    Gfunk,
    right at the moment Zlauncher really seems to be the only solution to this memory fiasco.
    Why only zlauncher?? Zlauncher is only of of many mem mangers for palmos like powerrun, tealalias, launcherx and etc. Hasn't anyone tried those as well on the 650??

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tried powerrun but its kinda klunky. I am not really familliar with other app managers. Z really does a good job. If you find a better solution please let us know I always appreciate your info
    Lol, I guess I'ld better install and learn to use Zlauncher (again) too since my 650 is on order. Dang, it's a shame a 3rd party app is needed to utilize memory here. More so that the one that works is not free!!!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I have LauncherX... I'm sure it should work fine with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Why only zlauncher?? Zlauncher is only of of many mem mangers for palmos like powerrun, tealalias, launcherx and etc. Hasn't anyone tried those as well on the 650??

I gave Powerrun another shot. I now like it better than Z because it takes less mem which is definately at a premium and because my 650 seems more responsive.... less of that aggrevating delay from button presses you keep reading about. I still see a slight delay but its barely noticeable and no different than stock OTB

Thought I would let ya know for when your 650 comes
  16.    #16  
    Thanks again stxy and g funk...you're right, i sucked it up and learned how to use z launcher...well at least the basic! cheers!

elliot
    I installed Z but did not like how it took over the Treo forcing me to learn it so I deleted it -- again.

Could someone please post a PRC file for Powerrun for the vacationing folks.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre