1.    #1  
    I don't know how to link one of my posts, but I have experimented with Zlauncher that Silverado has pointed out and it works great.

I have been somewhat responsible for the current memory uproar and would like to let people know that this device will definately still work.

Can you please make a sticky or something with my post and the thread about this?
    You can find it in the "My working power users...." thread.

I am afraid people that would love this device are not even looking at because of my ranting.

Maybe Palm One Should bundle this little genius of an app with the T650

Thank You,
    Shane
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/20/2004 at 11:55 PM.
    This means a whole lot. I mean I'm really upset about the memory issue and one of those people who are thinking of sending it back.

I'm still a little unsure about the jumping through hopes of having to by a third party application. First, it requires additional money to be spent to put most of the people back to where they thought they were when they looked at the specs. Second, the solution pollutes the idea of using wifi when (if?) the drivers come out. If I have to use the SD slot for core applications that I use, the wifi card won't be nearly as useful as it should be to me. And I would be huge user of wifi. Not good to have to swap SD cards all the time, especially when I carry my Treo 600 "naked".
  3.    #3  
    I understand about the expansion but with wifi what other apps will you need Web and Mail.

I didnt say it was perfect or even excusable, but I am super happy with my purchase at this point. After playing with the 650 to try this out my 600 screen looks fuzzy.... Has anyone else noticed that?

Anyway I would still like my satisfaction to be as publicly available as my dissastisfaction was.
  4.    #4  
    Bump
    xstg, I agree with you! I asked the MODS to do this as well in Silverado's actual thread.

I think you'll get more attention with a pm to the moderator or by the light of day.

I also agree that PalmOne still needs to reply to this as it is an issue. But I too, am pleased to keep my 650.

I've not yet needed Zlauncher, but will wait a few days to see what PalmOne says. It's good to know that the launcher helps, should you need it. I hope us non techie folk can figure it out.

Oh, good for you for taking a stand and posting your concern and thoughts!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I understand about the expansion but with wifi what other apps will you need Web and Mail.

I didnt say it was perfect or even excusable, but I am super happy with my purchase at this point. After playing with the 650 to try this out my 600 screen looks fuzzy.... Has anyone else noticed that?

Anyway I would still like my satisfaction to be as publicly available as my dissastisfaction was.
    Probably not much except that I'll have to change SD cards more than I expected. If I had a case it would be easier to carry them without losing them. But with the naked carrying that I prefer, there's not really a good spot for a spare SD card.
    < done >
  8.    #8  
    I believe there is or will be a wifi card with memory built in
    Possibly, but I wouldn't expect Palm to release drivers for those cards, just their own card (which doesn't have memory built in).
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I don't know how to link one of my posts, but I have experimented with Zlauncher that Silverado has pointed out and it works great.

I have been somewhat responsible for the current memory uproar and would like to let people know that this device will definately still work.
    Can you please make a sticky or something with my post and the thread about this?
    You can find it in the "My working power users...." thread.

I am afraid people that would love this device are not even looking at because of my ranting.

Maybe Palm One Should bundle this little genius of an app with the T650

Thank You,
    Shane
    Does that mean you are keeping your 650. (smile) thanks for the clarity! Doesn't take much for some folks to go running for the hills.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    having to use a 3rd party app to use the 650 is lame.

repeat after me....SD cards do not solve internal memory issues.

changing the file system and not the memory was a huge oversight, bordering on incomptence.
  12.    #12  
    I don't know.... the more I play with this Z thing, the more I actually prefer it! I now have virtually unlimited room for apps & a constant 17meg swap file. my apps launch in well under a second, & I don't even have a fast SD card!

I am not saying P1 didnt screw up, because they definately did! I am simply saying that this works & I get to keep my 650. :-)
    sxtg,

You're acting like Ebenezer Scrooge the morning after he gets visited by the ghosts of christmas past, present and future. Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm glad you're keeping your 650!

Clue