Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have scoured a few threads on this topic but have not seen a definitive setup. I set up my Gmail account for POP access and have been able to retrieve email successfully using the email program supplied with the Treo but have not been able to send email. If someone is successfully sending Gmail using the supplied email program, can you please post your setup. TIA.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    bump
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    tried it and had the same problem. can't configure SSL port on the default email app so had to switch to a third-party email app.
    I even tried it with the Versamail app on my 650, and I still have problems autosyncing. Doesn't seem like Gmail has all the bugs worked out yet.
    I have it working through the default mail app. I'm on Sprint and have to use their smtp.sprintpcs.com setting for outgoing with my vision username and password. Don't check "SSL required for SMTP" on the advanced tab and it should work, that's what I have set up.
    Try SMTP port 587 instead of 485... I made that change and it fixed my not being able to send gmail.
    Can you give us a step by step on which settings you used? thanks.
    Khornet is using Sprint's SMTP and bypassing the issue all together. It seems the default app is INCAPABLE of sending through GMail's SMTP.

If it is not important for you to retain a copy of your sent messages (so they appear in GMail's cool threaded message Web interface) then you can configure it to use Sprint's SMTP.

The configs are here:
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#40

If it is VITAL for you to get your sent messages back up to GMail then you'll need to invest in an app that is compatible to GMail's SSL like SnapperMail Premier or Enterprise.