1.    #1  
    Wasn't aware of this little utility here:
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13395

Might help with the 650's memory issue.
    I've personally managed to save 4.3MB on my Treo 600.

Update: I've attached the prc file as some users seem to have a problem d/l it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rudychow; 11/21/2004 at 03:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Yes! Being able to run Docs to Go off of the SD Card is going to be essential for many of us with the current 650 memory issues.

Good post
    Holy cow! This is great! I just went from 1.9MB free to 4.5Mb free and can't really tell a difference in the performance of Docs2Go (still synchs on hotsync, files open up fine, etc.). This made my day, thanks Rudychow!

-Gadgetpro
    at least this helps with one memory issue.
    wow that's awesome!! i have so much more memory now!!!
    Last edited by treoneo; 11/21/2004 at 03:38 AM.
    How do you move it and how do you install it or other programs on the SD card directly???

When I go to install a program (not just click a .prc but do an install) it seems to put the files in cue someplace and I can not control where they go!

How can I find out WHAT is going into the treo during the install?? There is no longer an INSTALL TOOL which I can find.. The Quickinstall tool does NOT seem to show anything except what you click on... not things you do a full program install in.

HELP... I must be missing something... how do you control what is scheduled to go into your Treo in a Sync!?

Mike
  7.    #7  
    QuickInstall is the new install tool that Palm created.
    The old install tool still exists though. Check under "C:\Program Files\Palm\Palm Desktop\<your HSID>". There are 3 install folders - "CardInst", "Install" & "QuickInstall." The first 2 are the old install folders. Generally, when you install palm software via an exe installation, the files will be placed in either of these 2 folders.
    Kudos!
    www.gsmworld.com