Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it clear to others how Outlook syncronization is happening with the new T650 setup? Before, using my T600, I was able to control and configure what synched with Outlook through Pocketmirror conduits. Now, I can't find anything that allows me to configure what is pulled into my T650. Is there a view that I am missing for this? I hear alot about this Activesync stuff but is that what is pulling my info into my device?

If yes, how do I configure it? For example, I have no need for To Dos and Memos to come over into my Palm device but they keep on getting synched.

Any help appreciated.
    You should have a hotsync icon in your tray (right hand corner of your toolbar in windows) click on that and choose custom. You should see teh conduits, and be able to configure each of them from there.
    I'm getting a Palm Desktop error that causes a Microsoft shutdown on the program when I try to save my conduit settings to synch to the Outlook calendar. Everytime I reenter the program the Outlook calendar setting is back to "Do Nothing." Any similar problems or suggestions?
    Is Pocketmirror conduit still used for Outlook sync on the 650 or is this new ActiveSync used?
    Activesync is bundled, but Chapura has a new pocketmirror XT for T5 and T650
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    So which is preferred? Do they both have the same functionality? With these new conduits do I not need Beyond Contacts anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Activesync is bundled, but Chapura has a new pocketmirror XT for T5 and T650
    Is Pocketmirror XT bundled with the 650?
    no

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

So ActiveSync is THE bundled Outlook sync software? It looks like you need Exchange server 2003 and it only syncs e-mail and calendar but not Tasks and Memos?
    I don't have one yet, but that's what I understand from other posters

So the bundled software won't let me synch Contacts with Outlook? I don't have exchange.
    It does sync contacts
    I have outlook 2003, and am synching Tasks, Calendar, Memos and contacts with no issues. The bindled software is not Chapura anymore, and will not synch email, but I am doing that with the Business Connection software from Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    I have outlook 2003, and am synching Tasks, Calendar, Memos and contacts with no issues. The bindled software is not Chapura anymore, and will not synch email, but I am doing that with the Business Connection software from Sprint
    You have a 650 and you're able to sync Tasks, Calendar, Memos, and Contacts with the bundles software (ActiveSync I assume)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    same here
    So, the ActiveSync software will sync E-Mail and Calendar Over-The-Air (connecting directly to the MS Exchange 2003 server) and Tasks, Memos, and Contacts via HotSync?
    now, with your t600 you are right that it uses pocketmirror but the t650 it no longer use the PM. Palm developed a new conduits for all the palm hh that will be released in the market and its called "PALM OUTLOOK CONDUITS". now if you want to configure the to and from of you data to your outlook go to the red n blue circling arrow at the bottom right of your screen (system tray) click on that one and select custom!!!
    There you go!! you will see there ex: Contacts (outlook)....etc...
    ----------dont forget its me the treo master SCUMBAG!!!-----------
    yup thats the way to do it! you really hit the mark right there!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwsica
    So, the ActiveSync software will sync E-Mail and Calendar Over-The-Air (connecting directly to the MS Exchange 2003 server) and Tasks, Memos, and Contacts via HotSync?
    Just to be clear the software on the CD syncs everything i listed except email. Sprint has business connection software which you can get as part of vision (depending on what you vision pack is) and i run client software on a PC at work which syncs email to my 650 via vision - so data over the air (not bluetooth not cable hotsync)
    Hm, it would be nice to use the nativedatabases since the enhanced apps like KeySuite and BeyindContacts both take about 2.5 megs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast