Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I've been chomping at the bit waiting for this to come out, PRIMARILY for the hi-res screen. One of the main drawback with the t600 was its low-res screen which made many apps less than stellar, ex:

1. Multiple listing services; many of us use a handheld version that includes photos of the listings. Many times am I on the road with a client and the need to look up a property arises. The 600's screen does not show property photos that well and thereby limits the use of other picture viewers.

2. The poor camera on the t600 coupled with the low-res screen hindered the picture viewing experience; viewing a poor-quality picture thru a low-res screen was espeially frustrating.

3. GPS capability; I have found that mapopolis didn't show very well on the t600. The ability to accurately view maps,streets, etc is an invaluable tool to realtors, especially when you're lost and attempting to show your client a property! How well does the Map/GPS work on the T650?

3. Contacts DB Size; This seems to be a big concern amongst the T/C community and it is even more applicable to people in my line of work. I have hundreds of contacts and add, on average, 10-15 each week. I use Agendus Pro(wonderful) and it takes up almost 2megs of space on my 600. What will happen on the T650?

I know there have been many people arguing back and forth about the memory/card issue and I feel I am one of them that have a genuine concern. Although there will be many buyers who will never come close to using up the ram, perhaps due to the fact that they are not power users, but I feel I certainly am. Right now I currently use:
    Agendus 2megs
    SnapperMail 900k
    Mapopolis 2-3megs
    SmartList to Go 2megs
    Docs to Go 4megs
    Reqwireless/Java 3megs?

Now, all of my other apps can run off the card, but several cannot because of their nature; I am not a techical/computer person but I know there are reasons why some apps need to be on the card. Agendus, Snapper, Docs to Go(partly) Reqwireless all are on the ram on my 600 and take up about 6-8megs of space.
    What will happen on the T650?

Sorry if this seems never-ending but before I shell out another $600 clams, I need some concrete answers. Or at least a little more persuasion!
    You've got 14 days to try it out. If I were in your shoes, I would put it through its paces. If it doesn't work, return it. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Clue
    I got mine Frieday. Have loaded al my apps including Java, Mobilistings, Docs, other apps. etc. and still have 14MB left. Phone will be activated on Monday so then I will really get to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    I got mine Frieday. Have loaded al my apps including Java, Mobilistings, Docs, other apps. etc. and still have 14MB left. Phone will be activated on Monday so then I will really get to try it out.
    PWC, what contact management are you using? I have just about had it with Top Producer and am ready for something else. Top Producer installled and worked the first few times on the 650 but now it just resets everytime I try to launch. It could be a 3rd party app I installed after it but I can't get it worked out.

Even on my 600 if I had a reset I could restore all apps except Top Producer from the card with BackupMan. This of course always happened when I was out of town and out of reach of my laptop. Top Producer is so totally anal and obsessed with someone stealing thier stuff via pirating that they screw the paying customers with thier overblown security measures.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    PCW, Nevermind. I just reread your post, Agendus Pro. Thanks.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    PCW, Nevermind. I just reread your post, Agendus Pro. Thanks.
    I just use Palm PIM apps and sync them with Outlook. I'm just cheap and have never seen the use of the third party contact management software.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    PWC, what contact management are you using? I have just about had it with Top Producer and am ready for something else. Top Producer installled and worked the first few times on the 650 but now it just resets everytime I try to launch. It could be a 3rd party app I installed after it but I can't get it worked out.

Even on my 600 if I had a reset I could restore all apps except Top Producer from the card with BackupMan. This of course always happened when I was out of town and out of reach of my laptop. Top Producer is so totally anal and obsessed with someone stealing thier stuff via pirating that they screw the paying customers with thier overblown security measures.

TPP is working on it! Its the same problem Datebook has with the Tungsten T5
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    I've been chomping at the bit waiting for this to come out, PRIMARILY for the hi-res screen. One of the main drawback with the t600 was its low-res screen which made many apps less than stellar, ex:

1. Multiple listing services; many of us use a handheld version that includes photos of the listings. Many times am I on the road with a client and the need to look up a property arises. The 600's screen does not show property photos that well and thereby limits the use of other picture viewers.

2. The poor camera on the t600 coupled with the low-res screen hindered the picture viewing experience; viewing a poor-quality picture thru a low-res screen was espeially frustrating.

3. GPS capability; I have found that mapopolis didn't show very well on the t600. The ability to accurately view maps,streets, etc is an invaluable tool to realtors, especially when you're lost and attempting to show your client a property! How well does the Map/GPS work on the T650?

3. Contacts DB Size; This seems to be a big concern amongst the T/C community and it is even more applicable to people in my line of work. I have hundreds of contacts and add, on average, 10-15 each week. I use Agendus Pro(wonderful) and it takes up almost 2megs of space on my 600. What will happen on the T650?

I know there have been many people arguing back and forth about the memory/card issue and I feel I am one of them that have a genuine concern. Although there will be many buyers who will never come close to using up the ram, perhaps due to the fact that they are not power users, but I feel I certainly am. Right now I currently use:
    Agendus 2megs
    SnapperMail 900k
    Mapopolis 2-3megs
    SmartList to Go 2megs
    Docs to Go 4megs
    Reqwireless/Java 3megs?

Now, all of my other apps can run off the card, but several cannot because of their nature; I am not a techical/computer person but I know there are reasons why some apps need to be on the card. Agendus, Snapper, Docs to Go(partly) Reqwireless all are on the ram on my 600 and take up about 6-8megs of space.
    What will happen on the T650?

Sorry if this seems never-ending but before I shell out another $600 clams, I need some concrete answers. Or at least a little more persuasion!

I believe with the help of Zlauncher it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    TPP is working on it! Its the same problem Datebook has with the Tungsten T5
    And that problem would be......???
    search for the thread called "NVFS is a disaster" It talks about it in there. I have been on the phone with TPP & they are developing a solution for it
    The Palm OS for the new Treo 650 is not compatible with Top Producer. You will get continual loops on "booting up" your Treo. Treo 600 was fine. The 650 uses Palm OS 5.4. Top Producer is aware of this incompatibility but has no ETA of a fix. They say they're working on it.

I'm beginning to really dislike Top Producer ... have been using it for years, but with Outlook 2003 so robust ... this may be the killer for me and causing me to abandon Top Producer.

We will see.

No way I'm giving up the Treo 650 ... video now!, crisp screen, set up all you POP/SMTP email accounts on the Treo ... way cool.