1.    #1  
    Everyt time I try to load install the Desktop CD it stops at step#2 ( Hotsync)

It say that some PCs may have to restart but mine does not restart.

When I click next to hotsynce I get

"Hotsyncwizard has caused an error in Table21.dll. Hotsyncwizard will now close."

If I click OK I get the same message with Table22.dll. I get this one eight times in a row.

Then I get "vmdialogwrapper has caused error in SFRMCN52.dll" Get this one 3 times.

It does seem to do a hotsync after I manually hit the cable hotsync button but I cannot install Treo Voicedial or VON Client.

Any suggestions from those smarter or more tech savvy than me?

As an aside I use the close program dialog box to make sure nothing but Explorer and Systray are running.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I don't even have my phone yet but...
    If your having .dll errors sometimes this is caused my the specified .dll not being present in the C:\Windows/system folder.
    Maybe do a search for these .dll files and if they are not present this could be the problem. You would then have to copy them to that folder, you may be able to find them on the CD that came with your 650. Its a rough work around but it could work.

and btw Bush can't do it. At the end of this current term gasoline will be $4.00 a gal.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Everyt time I try to load install the Desktop CD it stops at step#2 ( Hotsync)

It say that some PCs may have to restart but mine does not restart.

When I click next to hotsynce I get

"Hotsyncwizard has caused an error in Table21.dll. Hotsyncwizard will now close."

If I click OK I get the same message with Table22.dll. I get this one eight times in a row.

Then I get "vmdialogwrapper has caused error in SFRMCN52.dll" Get this one 3 times.

It does seem to do a hotsync after I manually hit the cable hotsync button but I cannot install Treo Voicedial or VON Client.

Any suggestions from those smarter or more tech savvy than me?

As an aside I use the close program dialog box to make sure nothing but Explorer and Systray are running.
    It took 3 tries to get the software installed. The 3rd was successful, I think, becasue I deleted the 2nd installation.

Very quirky setup software, just hope it's not a sign of things to come. I could not live thru another 600 era
    It's really important with Palm software to turn off all things running in the background as warned during the install. Use the Cntrl, Alt, Delete keys to bring up the task manager and turn off all of the processes running with the exception of systray and explorer. There may be one or two other's that you can't turn off but they'll reboot the computer when you turn them off.

Antivirus software running during the process of installation will sometimes provide the errors you were having.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    i had a really tough time... it kept locking up, and i had to end task a few times... finally got it somewhat installed and it hotsyncs ok... seems like there is a new outlook sync, no more chapura....

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    It's really important with Palm software to turn off all things running in the background as warned during the install. Use the Cntrl, Alt, Delete keys to bring up the task manager and turn off all of the processes running with the exception of systray and explorer. There may be one or two other's that you can't turn off but they'll reboot the computer when you turn them off.

Antivirus software running during the process of installation will sometimes provide the errors you were having.
    Thanks Moose, but I did all that. Only had Explorer and Systray running. Just doesn't want to let me Hotsync when IT wants me to during the setup process. I can manually press the button at that time but then I don't get VoiceDial app or VPN CLient and I can't find a way to pull them directly off the CD. Anyone know how to get these apps off the CD and installed? Thanks!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    I don't even have my phone yet but...
    If your having .dll errors sometimes this is caused my the specified .dll not being present in the C:\Windows/system folder.
    Maybe do a search for these .dll files and if they are not present this could be the problem. You would then have to copy them to that folder, you may be able to find them on the CD that came with your 650. Its a rough work around but it could work.

and btw Bush can't do it. At the end of this current term gasoline will be $4.00 a gal.
    Gigglebush, Thanks for your suggestions but the DLL files referenced in all the error messages do show up in C:\palm. Still working on it. Thanks.

And yeah it's funny how mad people get over my sig and avatar. I guess republicans? Although I am a registered republican and vote that way if the guy is qualified to hold the office, if not I vote the guy who is qualified. Imagine that, original thought in politics! What ever happened to Free Speech? Pat Buchanan didn't kill it did he?