1.    #1  
    WTF! Did I miss something here. I can add pics to contacts but no ringtones. I can add ringtones to Favorites but no Pictures.

Wow, seems like the ride is going in reverse again!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Yes.. you are no longer limited to FAVORITES for picture ID; you now add the pics directly in the contacts entry. I don't have my 650 yet so I don't know exactly where.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, but you CANNOT add BOTH ringtones AND pictures.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    My apologies for the perusal reading of your original post
    Wait, so if you add a picture in Contacts and then go to favorites to try to add a ringtone as well, what happens? Does it not let you? Or does it let you, but then the picture doesn't show up when they call?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    Wait, so if you add a picture in Contacts and then go to favorites to try to add a ringtone as well, what happens? Does it not let you? Or does it let you, but then the picture doesn't show up when they call?
    Ok, I just added someone into my contacts with a picture, and then added them as a favorite speed dial with a ringtone. When they call name and number and picture show on the screen and the tone plays.

What does this mean? It means that you have to have them listed in Contacts AND Favorites to have Picture AND Unique Ringtone.

Yet another 650 STEP BACKWARDS!!! You used to be able to add BOTH the ringer and RINGTONE to Favorites. This phone is really starting to P:ss me off!
    Aren't most of your favorites already contacts? I would imagine it's done this way so the contacts app doesn't have to be different from the T5
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Aren't most of your favorites already contacts? I would imagine it's done this way so the contacts app doesn't have to be different from the T5
    Huh? What the Frick does the T5 have to do with anything? No offense to you but I don't get it.
    Now it's twice as much work setting it up. As a matter of fact I do have favorites that are not contacts and I used to be able to assign pics and tunes on one screen.

Again, they took something that was easy and worked and made it harder on the "upgrade" than it was on the original device.
    what else can we whine about tonight..hmm
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka
    what else can we whine about tonight..hmm
    Just what we needed. Someone with zero positive contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Just what we needed. Someone with zero positive contribution.
    No offense, but it doesn't sound like you are asking for any "contribution." You are simply complaining.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighting1
    No offense, but it doesn't sound like you are asking for any "contribution." You are simply complaining.
    Yes I think you might be half right there Lighting. I get a phone that I paid almost $600 for and it doesn't work the way it should right out of the box. And the nerve of me to even open my mouth about it, thinking that perhaps someone would know a little more than me and guide me to a solution. Instead I get someone like you who has nothing positive to contribute just like Dikkad.

If you read my post, sorry no pictures maybe someone can read it to you, you'll see that I am trying to figure out why I have to add contact info in two different places when it used to be one place. I was hoping that I was wrong about it. Do you know of a way to do this? If so please enlighten the forum, if not perhaps you can just STFU instead of calling me a whiner.