1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I received my Treo yesterday and coming form my good ol' I300 you can only imagine how ecstatic I am.

I noticed today that the indicator light (the green LED on top of the Sprint Logo to the left of the speaker) went from blinking about once a second to fast blinking about four times a second now. It hasn't stopped fast blinking all day. The only thing I can think I did before the change was access the web with my newly activated Vision service this morning.

I would like to know what the diferent blinking states mean.

I searched the forum and couldn't find a previous post (not even for the Treo 600) about this topic.

Furthermore, I would like to see if there's a way to disable the indicator light. I didn't like it blinking once a second, I can't stand it fast blinking.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Usually this means your have a message waiting.. Either voicemail or SMS.. Check that and see if it goes away. As for disabling it you may get away with installing a 3rd party app like butler etc.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I had some welcome messages in Versamail (I haven't setup email, I didn't think of checking it).

I did try "Treo allegro" to turn the LED off and it didn't work. Treo Butler did the trick.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Good job.. Im in the same boat more or less trying older apps to see if they are compatible.
    Didyou think to look in the manual to see what it means?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Didyou think to look in the manual to see what it means?
    Ouch..
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    in the manual
    About the only useful info in the manual is

The indicator light flashes green when your device is on and you are inside a Sprint Nationwide PCS Network coverage area. If you are outside a coverage area, the indicator light flashes amber.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    The indicator light gives you information about your 650 based on the color of the light and the blinking speed. The light blinks fastest when your battery has the most charge in it, and slower as the charge goes down through daily use. It flashes green when your 650 is on and you are inside a Sprint Nationwide PC Network coverage area, and flashes amber if you are outside a coverage area.

When charging, the indicator light will be solid red (non-flashing), and when it turns to solid green (non-flashing), it means it's fully charged.