1.    #1  
    I just found this Treo 650 for sale on ebay. It's advertised as "unlocked and unbranded" and has a buy it now price of $280 - does that sound likely to you guys? The seller has a very good rating.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Big time scam... Jus look at the photos at the bottom.. Looks like a Cingular Treo 600 to me. This guy is all over ebay scamming people. STAY FAR FAR AWAY..

Also remember GSM model Treo 650 isnt out yet.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Sounds to good to be true.... Also, the seller does not use PayPal and pushing escrow accepted. The photo of the Cingular package also looks loke a 600 (but I welcome other people's opinion),
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I am suspicious as the pictures clearly show an AT&T phone. But I have never seen an unlocked AT&T phone.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    that's a hacked into account, absolutely no question about it.

if you do a little searching, you'll find that there are some folks who are now posting auctions that are nothing but information on how to not get conned by these scammers. they all sell cellphones, always listed at too-low prices. they always want you to email them at an offsite email address.

check that feedback again - the guy has never sold anything since opening his ebay account in 1998. now he's selling a treo 650 at less than half market price.

you'll wind up being asked to send a western union payment to someone in another country. you'll never get the treo 650. you'll be out likely $400, with zero possibility of ever getting it back.

run away as fast as you can.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If you notice auction no longer exists on eBAY... Total scam...!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    If you notice auction no longer exists on eBAY... Total scam...!!
    GONE!
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    This exact same scam has popped up at least 3 times now that I have seen. Somebody grabbed photos and a description of a 600, appears to hack into somebody's account and posts them. The key is they don't want you to contact the user via ebay but via outside email. The ones I have reported were taken down right away.
  9.    #9  
    Woh, the item was removed 10 mins after my post.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm based in Brazil and am looking at all my options at getting an unlocked 650. If anyone comes across an international (and trustworthy!) dealer, then feel free to post a link or send me a message.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    No problemo.... Im sure as yourself that many are in search of the first treo 650 GSM