Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use Lotus Notes at work and we have Easysync Pro from Lotus. It works fine for most Palm and PPC devices, but it won't sync with the 650. I think it is incompatible with Palm OS 5.x. EasySync not only doesn't work, it kills the Palm Desktop app. Then, I have to re-install Palm desktop just to get the 650 to Hotsync again. I am using Sprint Business Connection PE, which gives me access to e-mail and limited access to my calendar, but for contacts I had to export them as vCards and import them into Palm Desktop just to get them in the 650. I hate to manage contacts in two different PC apps. I think what most smartphone users want is to use one device and one computer app for all things e-mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.

I know Intellisync does work with Lotus Notes, but we are on 6.5.3, which is the latest version and Intellisync specs don't say anything about 6.5.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Syncing at work is going to be my biggest headache. My work calendar is also Notes based and we use Intellisync which I'm sure is incompatible. That along with the fact that my laptop is completely locked down so I'm going to have to go begging to get the new version of Palm Desktop installed.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I dont have my 650 yet (coming Monday) but I have a Treo 600 using Palm v 5.2.1 and it syncs fine with Lotus Notes 6.5.3 using Easysync. I am hoping the 650 will work as well.
    The best application that I have used in the past was Commontime's mnotes. I spent about 4 hours today trying to get mnotes to install on my Treo 600 - never could get it to work. I sent them an email with the particulars of the problem. Basically, their software would load fine on my desktop, but I could never get it to load properly on the 650. When I try to hotsync I would get the following message ' Important Palmone Desktop
    components are missing and prevent this handheld from synchronizing.
    Please download and install the palmone desktop for your handheld from
    http://palmone.com/support before synchronizing

I am running with the software from the install disk that came with the 650.
    Nothing works until I uninstall the app on my desktop. Tried every possible combination of things to fix this problem - none worked. I am beginning to wonder if this could be associated with the memory problems others are reporting.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    Basically, their software would load fine on my desktop, but I could never get it to load properly on the 650. When I try to hotsync I would get the following message ' Important Palmone Desktop
    components are missing and prevent this handheld from synchronizing.
    Please download and install the palmone desktop for your handheld from
    http://palmone.com/support before synchronizing.
    I have the exact same symptoms with Easysync Pro. I have a co-worker with a Treo 600 and Easysync Pro works fine for Lotus Notes syncing.

Anyone else able to sync a 650 with Lotus Notes yet? Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I use BizCon PE from Sprint which should be free for you. It works great with Notes (I'm on 6) and I have had very little problems.
  7.    #7  
    Lofdog,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am actually using BizCon PE, but you can't make an appointment on the Treo and have it sync back - currently the calendar is only a one-way push. According to the Sprint BizCon support site, this will change in 2005. What are you doing for calendar and contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    I have the exact same symptoms with Easysync Pro. I have a co-worker with a Treo 600 and Easysync Pro works fine for Lotus Notes syncing.

Anyone else able to sync a 650 with Lotus Notes yet? Any suggestions?
    Following is the reply I received from Commontime (mnotes) today on this problem:

Hello William,

Thank you for your email.

mNotes 3.5.2 and earlier are not compatible with the new Palm Desktop and
    HotSync manager that come with the Treo 650. A new version of mNotes - 3.6
    will be available around the end of this week which will work on your
    device. If you have valid maintenance you will be able to download this
    from our website when it is available.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 650 from Sprint and synced to Lotus Notes with Pylon Pro very easy. I had to set the "Outlook" conduits to "Do Nothing" so there would be no conflict. Works just fine.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I also had to re-load Pylon software AFTER loading the Palm1 cd then sync
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    mNotes 3.5.2 and earlier are not compatible with the new Palm Desktop and
    HotSync manager that come with the Treo 650. A new version of mNotes - 3.6
    will be available around the end of this week which will work on your
    device. If you have valid maintenance you will be able to download this
    from our website when it is available.
    But, the current trial on the Commontime site is 3.6. Will that one work for you?
    Dowloaded mNotes 3.6 today for my 650. Works just fine.
  13.    #13  
    I tried mNotes 3.6 today and it works great. I am impressed. Not only does it Hotsync to Lotus Notes beautifully, it also has potential as a wireless Notes client with actual Notes wireless Notes replication. Cool product from what I have seen. Pylon Pro also looks good.

Thanks for the replies/suggestions.

TB
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Also, FYI, mNotes 3.6 has a free 30-day full-function trial version available. I downloaded it today and it seems to be working well with my 650 and Lotus Notes 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by suburbanguy
    Dowloaded mNotes 3.6 today for my 650. Works just fine.
    Thanks for the information. I just downloaded the 3.6 version. I checked for it around 5pm today and it wasn't there yet.
    Just installed mnotes 3.6 - worked perfectly.
    I'm interested in either pylon or mnotes to sync with my T650. Right now I am using SPCS Biz Conn PE to get my Notes mail and calendar, but my laptop has to be running for it to work. I can't get my IT dept to install anything on the server side, so do either pylon or mnotes support wireless, instantaneous email with my corporate email without having to leave a desktop client software running on my laptop?

Thanks for your help.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    Get "Task Status= mnotes server: error"

and

** An unrecoverable error occurred whilst retrieving the handheld device configuration information.
    **** Unable to connect to the mNotes server.
    ****** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

HELP!!! IF I can't get Lotus to sync with my 650, I might as well go back to my Samsung i500!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disting_gent
    Get "Task Status= mnotes server: error"

and

** An unrecoverable error occurred whilst retrieving the handheld device configuration information.
    **** Unable to connect to the mNotes server.
    ****** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

HELP!!! IF I can't get Lotus to sync with my 650, I might as well go back to my Samsung i500!!!
    Are you using version 3.6.0? Version 3.5.1 doesn't work with the Treo 650 and the new Palm Desktop. If you are using 3.6.0, I would suggest contacting Commontime. I have done this via email and phone when I have had problems in the past. In every case they were able to help me. I called their support line in the UK, using an AT&T calling card and got excellent help. Outside of DateBk5 support (number 1 in support), this is the best company I have run into in resolving problems.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Pylon and mNotes are both very pricy solutions ($75+) to the syncing problem. Especially when you consider the Outlook users are getting the same functionality for free.

Did anyone get Easysync Pro to work at all?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast