Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I would be more than happy to add the BT support but I simply don't know how to do it. I couldn't find any information about PalmOS BT API anywhere on the internet :-(

Milan

I'm no expert on bluetooth, but how about these? Do they help?

http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/bluetooth/

http://www.bluetoothpages.com/

http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/blue...desamples.html

http://formulalabs.com/bluetooth/doc/palm_bluetooth.pdf
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Milan,

I sent email a few days ago but not sure if you received it, so I'm going to post this here and hope you see it.

I have a few suggestions for the program I hope you can impliment.

On the popup profile switcher, make the switchback delay a dropdown list of something like 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 minutes, then 1, 2, 3, 4, 8h. Somewhere along those lines. And make sure it's 5-way changeable, such as set the delay, then set the profile, something like that. I use a hard case and I have to open the cover to set a delay.

Support Network profile so that one can change network settings. For example, I use a bluetooth network at home and gprs elsewhere. I could make my Home profile set to my BT network setting, and other profiles (Away from Home for example) change it to GPRS.

Add a Bluetooth trigger. If you're in the proximity of a specific bluetooth device, switch profiles to "home" for example. If you leave the proximity, the trigger can switch to an "away from home" profile or something, so that the network settings are automatically updated (ie: this "away from home" profile would only change the network settings). This one might be tricky, but maybe poll once every N minutes (configurable). Just try to ping that paired BT device or something like that.
    I'm asking here because I haven't been able to find an naswer anywhere else. Does anyone know of a profile manager type application like Profiles that has event driven support like Profiles does? I'm looking for the ability to have everything muted when my phone is charging. Profile Care doesn't have this ability. The reason I was looking for this in another app is that it appears Profiles support has ended as I haven't seen anything posted about it in months and I need an app that has bluetooth support and event driven support. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'd rather use Profiles since it is very small and appears to work quite well.
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    does anyone use lightwav to use mp3 as ringtones? seems like i installed profiles and now my mp3 ringtones via lightwav don't work. i have to use the system ringtones. any else have this problem? i'm sure there are a lot of you that don't use the built in midi files and use mp3 or wav ringtones. thanks...

I use both profiles & lwav - no problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by swspjcd
    I'm looking for the ability to have everything muted when my phone is charging. Profile Care doesn't have this ability.
    Yes it does.

Use the "Triggers" option to configure a silent (or whatever) profile to be activated on the "PluggedIn" event and switched Back on the "PluggedOut" event.

I use this to silence my Treo and divert calls when I plug it in at night (next to my bedside) however have made a profile which silences everything except for alarms, which are set to high volume, so I can wake up the next day.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewko
    Yes it does.

Use the "Triggers" option to configure a silent (or whatever) profile to be activated on the "PluggedIn" event and switched Back on the "PluggedOut" event.

I use this to silence my Treo and divert calls when I plug it in at night (next to my bedside) however have made a profile which silences everything except for alarms, which are set to high volume, so I can wake up the next day.

Good luck.
    I know this option exists in Profiles 1.01 but I haven't seen it in Profile Care.
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Support Network profile so that one can change network settings. For example, I use a bluetooth network at home and gprs elsewhere. I could make my Home profile set to my BT network setting, and other profiles (Away from Home for example) change it to GPRS.
    Any chances of this getting implimented? It would make profiles so much nicer. I wouldn't think I'm the only one that uses BlueTooth networking at home instead of leaving it on cellular data all the time, anyone else want to see this feature added?
    Hi Milan,
    If you no longer are interested in further developing this program for whatever reason would you consider releasing the source code under the GPL?

This is just a thought.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Since updating to 1.20 ROM I have had to stop Profiles from enabling the phone in my default profile. This is because my Treo hangs on trying to switch on the phone after a soft reset if I do. Letting TreoGuard turn on the phone works OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    Since updating to 1.20 ROM I have had to stop Profiles from enabling the phone in my default profile. This is because my Treo hangs on trying to switch on the phone after a soft reset if I do. Letting TreoGuard turn on the phone works OK.
    Please Milan could you update the last version.
    If you change color scheme in a stored profile the phone resets.

Thanks

Ettore
    Ciao

Ettore
    Hi All,

I've migrated from my trusty old Treo 600 to a Treo 650 and have installed Profiles 1.01 on it.

Can anyone tell me the files I need to copy over from the 600 to the 650 to bring over my Profiles 1.01 settings (profiles) so I won't have to recreate them?

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by friswell
    Can anyone tell me the files I need to copy over from the 600 to the 650 to bring over my Profiles 1.01 settings (profiles) so I won't have to recreate them?
    Trusty 3XCom reports the following files as having the same
    Creator ID (MVSW) as Profiles:

ProfilesDB
    ProfilesStackDB
    ProfilesTriggersDB

Anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9 View Post
    Basic profiles work fine for me so far. Haven't configured anything too complex. But there is an orphan left over from .26

I had this in .26 (Treo 600)

When changing from a profile (not charging) WITH Keyguard enabled to another profile (charging) WITHOUT Keyguard enabled, the latter profile KEEPS Keyguard enabled instead of disabling it.

I have this in .27 (Treo 650)

When changing from any profile WITH Keyguard enabled to another profile with Keyguard disabled, the latter profile KEEPS Keyguard enabled instead of disabling it.
    Hi,
    I'm using Profiles Version 1.01 (Treo 650) and I have this similar problem.
    When I use the Option button, I can changed between many profiles, with keyguard or without and no problems at all. But when I use the Trigger command if I change from a profile with keyguard to another without keyguard this is not working: keyguard still on. So I cannot use it with others applications like it has been discussed in many threads (like to update weather at 6 am...) Any help?
    Bump bump...
    Any help?
    I spent almost all night and could not fix it...
    Personally I don't turn keyguard on and off.. TreoAlarm works fine with the keyguard on, apparently..
    The fact is that at night the profile is setup to keyguard on (as usual for me). At 6 am when I schedule profile to "keyguard off" by using triger it is not working. I need that so my weather app can launch and check the weather (as many threads in this forum). But if keyguard is still on the weather app cannot work...
    ok, it seems to be working now!
    What I did is to do a soft reset after setting up the Trigger.
    Not sure it will be necessary every time I create a new Trigger or modify it.
    Great!

P.S. -> Yes, confirmed. It is working fine but I need to soft reset every time I create or modify a Trigger. Then it works.
    jossanaijr - is this still working - I cannot seem to get my triggers to stay - almost exactly the same scenario you want set on your Treo in #176.
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    jossanaijr - is this still working - I cannot seem to get my triggers to stay - almost exactly the same scenario you want set on your Treo in #176.
    Yes, it is working but as I said (for me) it is necessary to soft reset after any change in trigger (new or edit).
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789