Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Great app. Thanks Milan! Couple Qs for everyone...

1. Is there a maunal of some sort?
    2. What does the 's' check box on the notifier do?
    3. Can you set time period for a profile without it being tied to an 'event'? (ie. set 'meeting' profile for 90 minutes and then back to 'normal' without a 'pluggedIN' event as a trigger)
    4. I use Agendus (not DateBK). Is profiles compatible with Agendus?

Many thanks to Milan and anyone who can help answer my quesitons.
    http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

read it all here...
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgroup
    i downloaded 1.0.1 yesterday and looks great... have created 4 simple profiles
    1. normal
    2. night
    3 work
    4 in cradle <--- is where i have a prob

when i plug in my aftermarket USB cable (works perfect for Sync and Charge) the profile does not trigger, not sure why anyone expericence something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by rcgroup
    most wierd thing now seems to be working (i swear i didnt change a thing....)

my problem is back... anyone any clues..
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    I have a lockup or reset about every 5-7 days. I do NOT attribute it to Profiles, as I'm usually doing something network related and assume I just overstressed the Treo. That frequency is a non-issue for the amount of joy I get from this little thing... Sounds like something else....
    Thanks for your assesment. I'll go get it and give 'er a whirl. I really want profiles, but I just can't trade stability.
    Can the 'For expert use only!' feature be used to turn BT on and off?

If I select the BT manager app in in the applications dropdown - the treo goes to the BT Manager when i call the profile - but then crashes.

What are the 'C:' and 'D:' commands and what would I need to use to turn BT on or off?

Anyone?
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 05/07/2005 at 06:36 PM.

If I select the BT manager app in in the applications dropdown - the treo goes to the BT Manager when i call the profile - but then crashes.

What are the 'C:' and 'D:' commands and what would I need to use to turn BT on or off?

Anyone?
    Yes please - it must be feasible since SC can do it (?)...
    does profiles use datebookdb because everytime i delete it it comes back after my treo restarts. i didn't do that before i installed pofiles.

oh yeah i'm using datebk5 if that helps
    thanks for any help!
    does anyone use lightwav to use mp3 as ringtones? seems like i installed profiles and now my mp3 ringtones via lightwav don't work. i have to use the system ringtones. any else have this problem? i'm sure there are a lot of you that don't use the built in midi files and use mp3 or wav ringtones. thanks...
    Does anybody else find the timeout in the Profiles switcher too short. I often have to go into it a second time because I was not quick enough setting the profile and delay I want. I do not know why there is a timeout at all since selecting a profile exits the switcher. Hitting Home lets you get out without changing profiles.

Anyone?
    Bump
    Bump
    Hey mshaw I like your launcher in your avatar. Which one is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    does anyone use lightwav to use mp3 as ringtones? seems like i installed profiles and now my mp3 ringtones via lightwav don't work. i have to use the system ringtones. any else have this problem? i'm sure there are a lot of you that don't use the built in midi files and use mp3 or wav ringtones. thanks...
    I use Profiles and Phone Technician (by Hobbyist). The two programs co-exist peacefully. Profiles sets the volume levels on the rings and PT plays the MP3's at the right vlume based on the profile I have set.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Hey mshaw I like your launcher in your avatar. Which one is it?
    Looks like ZLauncher.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Yep - just plain old ZL with the aquawood theme and a custom image as a background.
    Any get this problem. I'm hearing small tick sounds when i play bike or die even though i set the game volume to off.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    milan,

Perhaps you can contact shadowmite or Jeff Gibson for help with adding BT control? I am sure they would be willing to give you some pointers.

One small request from my side...the current radio control seems to always apply the radio state, regardless current state. So if I switch from one profile to another, and both have radio ON, it still goes through the radio on cycle with its inherent delay. Any chance you could change it so that the radio state for a profile is only applied if it is different from the current state? Thx!

Running v1.01 on my VZW T650, no crashes or slow-downs whatsoever.
    Profiles 1.01 slows down my system especialy when viewing pictures and scrolling through them. This is also proven when using "Palminternals" speed test. Profiles added 40 second to my original speed test score.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The hede hook detected by PalmInternals and the lack of Bluetooth radio support are the only two issues I have with Profiles. I personally like it alot more than ProfileCare. It is simply more elegant. I do hope Milan is still working on it. I considered asking him to open the source, but I really don't have time to even read it let alone help with it.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Quote Originally Posted by rsperko
    The hede hook detected by PalmInternals and the lack of Bluetooth radio support are the only two issues I have with Profiles. I personally like it alot more than ProfileCare. It is simply more elegant. I do hope Milan is still working on it. I considered asking him to open the source, but I really don't have time to even read it let alone help with it.
    I would be more than happy to add the BT support but I simply don't know how to do it. I couldn't find any information about PalmOS BT API anywhere on the internet :-(

Milan
    I'd pay (or donate again) for this upgrade!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I would be more than happy to add the BT support but I simply don't know how to do it. I couldn't find any information about PalmOS BT API anywhere on the internet :-(

Milan
    Hello Milan,

I assume you are aware of the overhead of the hede hook. There is a great discussion here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90357. Is there any chance of improving the overhead of using this?

I will keep my eyes open for anything on the BT radio.

Thanks,
    -Rick
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast