Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    If I had a custom screen that changed whenever I looked at my Treo I would know that the calls were forwarded and I could change it back.
    Doesn't the profile notifier do this anyways, since it pops up when you turn the Treo on?
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    The only thing I can say I use the Profiles daily on my 650 and it's pretty stable. I'm getting random resets occasionally (once per day) but each time they are caused by another applivcation (contacts, quick news ...), thus I believe the PalmOS itself resets from time to time...
    Milan
    Actually I don't specifically blame Profiles but suspect a conflict with something else that I can't pin down. The fact is that when I remove Profiles I don't get resets but as soon as I put it back on I get resets nearly every time I receive a call. The error messages I get are not always attributed to Profiles but it's too much of a coincidence that whenever I put a new version of Profiles on to try I get resets!
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
    On my GSM unlocked T650,

After a reset if the connection to the mobile network is not found very fast and I have an active profiles that involve call transfer the treo locks with a message about an error in the call transfer library.

I suspect that Profiles tries to set the transfer just checking if the phone is switched on, but not if the operator is found and so the error.

Please Milan could you check this ?

It is a real pain because the error cannot be acknowledged (eve if there is an OK key) and the only solution is to reset the device.

Thanks in advance

Ettore
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilzGr8
    Actually I don't specifically blame Profiles but suspect a conflict with something else that I can't pin down. The fact is that when I remove Profiles I don't get resets but as soon as I put it back on I get resets nearly every time I receive a call. The error messages I get are not always attributed to Profiles but it's too much of a coincidence that whenever I put a new version of Profiles on to try I get resets!
    I'm starting to wonder, too. I don't get a lot of resets, but it seems that in the couple of days I've been running 1.0 I've had a number of calls go straight to voicemail (which doesn't normally happen, a couple of lock-ups/freezes in the phone app, and other problems related to the phone. I'll leave it on for another day or so to see what happens, and if the problem continue remove it and see if the problems seem to go away.

I like Profiles for it's simplicity, but if it's causing me phone problems I guess I'll have to give Schedule Card a serious look, even though it's about 12 times as much program as I need or want.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    So what command do you need to send to bluetooth to turn it on???
    Nobody know ?
    Thanks .
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm starting to wonder, too. I don't get a lot of resets, but it seems that in the couple of days I've been running 1.0 I've had a number of calls go straight to voicemail (which doesn't normally happen, a couple of lock-ups/freezes in the phone app, and other problems related to the phone. I'll leave it on for another day or so to see what happens, and if the problem continue remove it and see if the problems seem to go away.

I like Profiles for it's simplicity, but if it's causing me phone problems I guess I'll have to give Schedule Card a serious look, even though it's about 12 times as much program as I need or want.
    For me the real pain is that I haven't found anything else that lets me use the PluggedIn, PluggedOut events to modify the Touchscreen On/Off settings. I use these so that I can have the touchscreen on when my phone is in the car kit but have it disabled when I've got the phone stuck on my ear or in my pocket. That's why I keep praying that the next version of Profiles won't have the issue.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
    Milan,
    I am using the 1.01 copy of profiles on my CDMA Treo650, I am not having any resets. But, every time I open palm calendar and go to different days (future or past) profiles to re-activates the profile that should be and is still active. Please fix.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Milan - I love that the new version of Profiles' notifier has the date and time...what a great idea! I never used the notifier before, but now I will, since I'm constantly using my Treo to find out what the date is. Now I don't need to go to my phone app just to see the date/time! Thanks Milan!!

Is the call forwarding feature working for anyone? It doesn't seem to switch for me.
    i downloaded 1.0.1 yesterday and looks great... have created 4 simple profiles
    1. normal
    2. night
    3 work
    4 in cradle <--- is where i have a prob

when i plug in my aftermarket USB cable (works perfect for Sync and Charge) the profile does not trigger, not sure why anyone expericence something similar?
    quick question: about once a day, when I try to turn off the screen using the red phone button, it flashes and comes back on. The more times I try to surn off the screen, it results in a soft reset. A ##377 says it is due to "profiles". Anyone else experience it or know how to fix it?

Otherwise...great program, I can't live without out...HELP!!
    most wierd thing now seems to be working (i swear i didnt change a thing....)
  12.    #132  
    My screen flashes when I turn it of too. But I thought it was my Treo
    i thought it was my treo too, not sure....b/c a soft reset clears up the problem for a little bit, so it makes me think that it is not the hardware. I just deinstalled profiles for a bit to see if it clears up the problem....
    Can anyone claim actual stability using any version of Profiles on the 650? I'll be honest, I haven't tried it recently because I could never go a day without a reset using it on my 600. Every incoming call caused resets...no good for a phone
    Currently on my 650 I have about one reset a week...generally a lockup that I poke the reset button to correct.
    I have a lockup or reset about every 5-7 days. I do NOT attribute it to Profiles, as I'm usually doing something network related and assume I just overstressed the Treo. That frequency is a non-issue for the amount of joy I get from this little thing... Sounds like something else....
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    Can anyone claim actual stability using any version of Profiles on the 650? I'll be honest, I haven't tried it recently because I could never go a day without a reset using it on my 600. Every incoming call caused resets...no good for a phone
    Currently on my 650 I have about one reset a week...generally a lockup that I poke the reset button to correct.
    No problems at all.
    I used it on my CDMA 650 and did not have a single reset for weeks.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I don't have a problem with resets, but since installing Profiles I've had intermittent phone issues:

Pressing the hang-up button when done with a call doesn't seem to do anything.
    Phone locks on incoming call.

These issues only occur occasionally, but I don't recall having them at all before profiles. I'll probably remove profiles and try ScheduleCare and see what happens. If I have the same sort of intermittent problems, I'll remove both and see if they still occur.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I have an issue with profiles that I need someone to verify. When ever I use a profile that manages "call forwarding" and I experience a soft reset, when my phone reboots, it will not recognize my SD card. The only thing I can do to restore the phone to allow SD card recognition is to hard reset the phone.

Can some one verify this?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Great app. Thanks Milan! Couple Qs for everyone...

1. Is there a maunal of some sort?
    2. What does the 's' check box on the notifier do?
    3. Can you set time period for a profile without it being tied to an 'event'? (ie. set 'meeting' profile for 90 minutes and then back to 'normal' without a 'pluggedIN' event as a trigger)
    4. I use Agendus (not DateBK). Is profiles compatible with Agendus?

Many thanks to Milan and anyone who can help answer my quesitons.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast