Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Milan,
    I think that you misunderstood me. what I meant, if I reset my treo650 at 9AM and I have a profile that starts at 7AM and ends at 5PM, will that profile kick in (become active)?
    Sorry, you are right, I misunderstood your question. In this case my answer is NO. During the reset, the last active profile is activated and next coming profile change based on triggers table is scheduled. But anyway, if you have a profile which starts at 7AM and you reset your Treo at 9AM the '7AM' profile should be already already activeted, shouldn't it? Then, if you do a reset at 9AM the '7AM' profile should become active just after the reset...

Milan
    Milan,
    You are right it does come back after reset, I just tried. Now to my more important question, what about keyboard light control.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Milan,
    You are right it does come back after reset, I just tried. Now to my more important question, what about keyboard light control.
    I think I will try to convince the author of KeyboardOff app to implement the simple interface (Applications panel in Profiles) allowing the Profiles to send a 'message' to the KeybardOff app asking to switch the keyboard light either on or off. To be honest I prefer this distributed aproach more than to create a few bloated, do everything applications which in the end fail to meet users expectation anyway...

Milan
    u have made an easy to use simple profile manager.. hence the name... for those who want more they should check out jeff gibsons schedule care which incorporates kb light, bt and many other controls. u app is free & does as advertised.. I wouldn't change a thing if I were u because a) another app in dev will do what is requested b) it fits simple needs w/out getting "fat" & c) its free..why spend a lot of time dev an app u r giving away.
    I use spm now & love it..& will look @ SC when completed.
    thanx milan.. my 2cents
    john
    milan, thanks for a great program. if you do figure out BT, I think it would be a fantastic add. if not, cool - it's already great.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Turns out the problem was a corrupted database (I guess). I deleted the app and reinstalled the latest, problem went away, it now switches like I'd expect it to.

Just my 2 cents on the features and functionality compared to other similar apps: this one's already got more than I need or use, which tends to make it less useful since I keep finding things that I don't want controlled by Profiles but are defaulted a certain way under Profiles. So the bigger Profiles gets, for me, the less I like it. But I like it a lot, so a few things in there like Radio and Bluetooth control that I don't need, only slightly diminish the usefulness.

Just a different perspective, I guess.
    Milan- I have a suggestion. Can you add a feature to enable the top sliding button (Sound on/ Mute) to switch between 2 profiles that you identify as the 2 to use with the button? This way if you have 2 primary profiles that you go back and forth between all day long, it is easy to enable one or the other. Thanks.
    The 1,0 version is now available.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Hey Milan,

What about wallpaper switching? Can you add this functionality?
    A wallpaper switching option allowing a different wallpaper per profile would be very useful!
    or even better.. switches the background image in zlauncher for diff profiles...
    oh wait..wasnt this supposed to b "simple" profile manager?
    is there a link to the new version?
    nevermind, found it on palmgear...what is new in this version?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    A wallpaper switching option allowing a different wallpaper per profile would be very useful!

Yes Yes Yes....everyone jump on the wallpaper switching bandwagon!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just wanna say that the 1.0 release is fantastic! I was getting resets with prior versions, but none yet with 1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    is there a link to the new version?
    The latest version can be found at:

http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

Milan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Yes Yes Yes....everyone jump on the wallpaper switching bandwagon!!!
    Screw the wallpaper crap - I wanna be able to have a Bluetooth profile!!!

Just kidding about the wallpaper - doesn't matter to me either way...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    or even better.. switches the background image in zlauncher for diff profiles...
    oh wait..wasnt this supposed to b "simple" profile manager?
    Hey John;

In my case the wallpaper is not a scenic picture, it is a customized info screen with the name of the profile and the name of my business and my phone number.

With different profiles a user could load/switch these custom screens (wallpaper) and have a constant visual reminder of which profile is in use.

Milan's pop-up dialog that displays when turning the phone on and then is immediately dismissed is very useful. However, having a customized screen displayed at all times for each profile is an enhancement that adds even more value to an already fabulous program.

Cheers!
    I understand your request for wallpaper switching. But I achieved a similar result by changing the colour scheme per profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I understand your request for wallpaper switching. But I achieved a similar result by changing the colour scheme per profile.
    I tried that too brnz. That's the way I have it set now, but it's hard to discern the different colours outside in the sun and some of the colours, say Indigo for example, which is quite noticably different from the standard colours, makes it almost impossible to read text...

Hence, custom screens a.k.a. wallpapers nicely allow whatever you want on the screen to identify the profile in use. It's just a matter of you crafting your different profile screens using MS Paint or the like.

...and besides that, my wife and both of my sons are colour blind.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Hey John;

In my case the wallpaper is not a scenic picture, it is a customized info screen with the name of the profile and the name of my business and my phone number.

With different profiles a user could load/switch these custom screens (wallpaper) and have a constant visual reminder of which profile is in use.

Milan's pop-up dialog that displays when turning the phone on and then is immediately dismissed is very useful. However, having a customized screen displayed at all times for each profile is an enhancement that adds even more value to an already fabulous program.

Cheers!
    Exactly what I am talking about! I have a profile set to forward all calls to a specified number whenever I use my Treo for a conference call so I won’t be disturbed during the call. After the call is over, I often forget to un-forward the calls, only hours later after receiving no calls I remember that I have my calls forwarded. If I had a custom screen that changed whenever I looked at my Treo I would know that the calls were forwarded and I could change it back.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....