Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks for the menu key fix!
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    I have been using Profiles on my T600 for a couple of months and have basically tried to keep up with the current versions. I have at the same time tried various mp3 ring tone / call filtering apps with some nasty results. I have tried Callfilter, Lightwav and Callshield Pro. Mostly what happens when I receive a call is that the phone just resets itself. Only recently I discovered #*377 to provide information about crashes and I found that more often than not my crashes have involved Profiles! I have since removed Profiles but I'm not keen to give up especially since I don't see lots of posts from others with the same problem. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to troubleshoot the problem? I desparately want Profiles because of its "triggers" functionality so that I can enable the touchscreen during calls when the phone is in the car kit and disable it at other time while on a call.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
    http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

Apr 5, 2005: 0.31

- Phone panel: GSM/CDMA radio switch added
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Milan,

What about wallpaper switching? Can you add this functionality?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I think I'm doing something wrong. I've been working with the last several versions of Profiles but can't get automatic switching to occur. If someone can point out my error.

Here's a subset of what I'm trying to do:

6am, Sun-Sat, set "loud" profile
    8:00am, M-F, set "soft" profile
    5:30pm, M-F, set "loud"profile

The way I have this set up is I have two profiles, "loud" and "soft". The only difference is the obvious volume settings. For the above set of Triggers, I have them set the profile to occur at a TimeOfDay event with a "Switch back" of Never.

It seems to me that each new time trigger would overwrite the previous, so that the initial "loud" trigger at 6am would be overridden at 8am by the "soft" trigger, then set back to "loud" at 5:30pm. Essentially I want my default volume to be loud, go soft during work, then go back loud when I get off work.

Turns out it never changes. Anything, anywhere. I have to manually set the profile.

Any help would be appreciated. It's not very useful if I have to remember to set a profile by hand.

Thanks.
  6.    #86  
    make sure you chreck mark the "s"
    Milan,
    This app will be perfect it had control over keyboard lights and LED flashing. two apps that provide that funactionality are kblightsoff and LEDoff, see how they do it and look into incorporating that function into your app.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Check mark the 's' - that's only when I'm manually setting it, right? The only place I see that is in the popup manager. I have double checked that I have the checkmark in the box on the Sound page of the profile screen.

So I tried doing this: set a trigger for 2 minutes from now to switch to the "soft" profile. I turn off the phone/screen, tap my foot for 3 minutes, then turn it back on. It's still set to "loud", the profile notifier shows "Loud" when I turn it on. It didn't actually trigger the "soft" profile.

I'm sure I'm just misunderstanding something, although I have noticed that after deleting all of my triggers today to try to solve this, I could only put in about two triggers before tapping "done" caused a reset. Perhaps a corruption issue of a database somewhere?

BTW I am on version 0.31.

Thanks for the assistance. The quality of the app seems to be very high, that's why I think it's user error.
    Is Bluetooth control in Profles?
    what is the application section for, how do you use it?

I found the answer to my own question, still looking for kblightsoff and ledoff integration.

"Applications - (!!! for integration experts only !!! you can set up which applications are being 'notified' when profiles are being switched. You can configure at most three different applications to be notified when a new profile is going to be activated. For an application to be notified you have to check the related checkbox, select the name of an the application (currently only 'appl' and 'panl' types are offered) and specify a launch command to be sent to the application upon its call. Optionaly you can specify a 15 characters long data sent to the application when invoke."
    Last edited by gt5l; 04/07/2005 at 10:51 AM.
    Treoing & Loving it
    So what command do you need to send to bluetooth to turn it on???
    I have been using Profiles on my T600 for a couple of months and have basically tried to keep up with the current versions. I have at the same time tried various mp3 ring tone / call filtering apps with some nasty results. I have tried Callfilter, Lightwav and Callshield Pro. Mostly what happens when I receive a call is that the phone just resets itself. Only recently I discovered #*377 to provide information about crashes and I found that more often than not my crashes have involved Profiles! I have since removed Profiles but I'm not keen to give up especially since I don't see lots of posts from others with the same problem. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to troubleshoot the problem? I desparately want Profiles because of its "triggers" functionality so that I can enable the touchscreen during calls when the phone is in the car kit and disable it at other times while on a call.
    Hey Milan,
    Have you heard of this issue before on GSM T600's? I just tried your latest version to see if there was any difference but unfortunately the problem persists! I'm really not certain that there is any link to the ringtone apps since I've had the same issue with all of them. Have you got any ideas? FWIW I have a number of frequent callers who have calling ID blocked and I'm not sure but I had the feeling that this is when I noticed it most although that may just be because I most frequently get those calls.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
    will the preset profile become activated after soft reset?
    Treoing & Loving it
    > will the preset profile become activated after soft reset?

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilzGr8
    Hey Milan,
    Have you heard of this issue before on GSM T600's? I just tried your latest version to see if there was any difference but unfortunately the problem persists! I'm really not certain that there is any link to the ringtone apps since I've had the same issue with all of them. Have you got any ideas? FWIW I have a number of frequent callers who have calling ID blocked and I'm not sure but I had the feeling that this is when I noticed it most although that may just be because I most frequently get those calls.
    The only thing I can say I use the Profiles daily on my 650 and it's pretty stable. I'm getting random resets occasionally (once per day) but each time they are caused by another applivcation (contacts, quick news ...), thus I believe the PalmOS itself resets from time to time...

Sorry, but I can't help at the moment.

Milan
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Is Bluetooth control in Profles?
    I would like to add the requested BT support but I can figure out how to do it :-) Is there somebody who can help?

Milan
    milan,
    what about keyboard light control, I emailed you an app that does that earlier today to use as a template. As for BT control schedulecare beta does that, you can download from mtdn to see how they do it.
    Treoing & Loving it
  18.    #98  
    also when I'm in an active profile I can change the ringtone & it will stay. But after a soft reset that ringtone goes back to the default for that profile
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    milan,
    what about keyboard light control, I emailed you an app that does that earlier today to use as a template. As for BT control schedulecare beta does that, you can download from mtdn to see how they do it.

Thank you for the apps (keyboard and led). But you know, I have already 1000s feature requests like yours from other guys. To be honest, I prefer to have Profiles a lean&simple application. I'm not tempted to let it do everything possible. But I will take a look ;-)

Milan
    Milan,
    I think that you misunderstood me. what I meant, if I reset my treo650 at 9AM and I have a profile that starts at 7AM and ends at 5PM, will that profile kick in (become active)?
    Treoing & Loving it