Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I believe it has alot to do with the way the T650 uses non volitile memory. I love backupman when I had my T600 but for now Im using Tealbackup and excluding two files that wont backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I believe it has alot to do with the way the T650 uses non volitile memory. I love backupman when I had my T600 but for now Im using Tealbackup and excluding two files that wont backup.

ditto
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    bump! i really need to know this before the work week starts >.<
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Looking on my Tungsten T3, I see 2 files:

ContactsBDIndex-PAdd
    ContactsDB-PAdd

I'd guess one or the other.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    neither of those are in my files!
    Here is what I've learned so far after playing with Backup, BackupMan, & TealBackup. I had none of the above working initially when the RAM was filled w/ 3MB remaining. I freed up the RAM to 5MB, and occasionally some worked. After using DatavisTech and gained additional 2MB thereby bringing the total available to 7MB, I had all 3 programs working perfectly.
    Now, this morning, I endup with the notorious endless reset loop, and had to hard reset. I was hoping that at least one of the three backup programs above will successfully restore my 650. Unfortunately none did. I had to run back home and restored through the traditional hotsync using the cable.

I guess this is the pain I have to deal with as an extremely early adopter.
    Tealbackup is only one that will work for me. It didn't at first. I got some error that database is open. It was "shim logs"-what the hell is this? I just set teal backup to skip this file & all is well. Tealbackup is only one that I know of that will allow you to specify what files to skip. It also can back up only the files that have changed since last backup-very efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    It was "shim logs"-what the hell is this?

LOL...I got the same thing!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Tealbackup is only one that will work for me. It didn't at first. I got some error that database is open. It was "shim logs"-what the hell is this? I just set teal backup to skip this file & all is well. Tealbackup is only one that I know of that will allow you to specify what files to skip. It also can back up only the files that have changed since last backup-very efficient.
    Were you able to restore after a hard reset? That's the true test of the software's functionality. If it doesn't, no matter how well the program backs up, it doens't do any good on the road except may be restore some individual programs.
    Someone PLEASE let me know if anything works as good as BackupMan did with the 600!

Yes, it baclked up all files not just changed... but it did a full restore and you NEVER EVER EVER has to worry about ONE file, password or item being out of whack AT ALL

What works... And where can you find backupman 1.45
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    And where can you find backupman 1.45
    Post #4 in this other thread

ERic
    Dammit... BackupMan (v1.45 and 1.51) no longer works for me either. I'm getting the same "not enough space in volume" error message. I guess I'll have to check out the other backup apps.
    Has anyone tried BackupBuddyVFS? I am still waiting on my unit. It's a good thing I pre-orderd from PalmOne so I can be last in line.
    This is HUGE! What a pain in the A$s to not have a backup program. I just lost a lot of info after having to do a hard reset. I was able to get info back from backupman from last Friday pre-650, but still sucks.

Anyone using Teal, please provide their website - and any problems it's having. Are you sure it can do a full restore?
    Backupman is coming BACK!!! www.bitsnbolts.com

They got their Treo 650 today! They said the critical bugs have been fixed in the 650, but the other bugs, like the file problem or non sync issues they are working on...

They say there will be anew version NEXT WEEK!

Can't wait!

Mike
    yep I had a huge problem with that contactsDB file. I had to trash everything related to contacts including my t600's addressDB file just to get it to sync with my laptop.
    I had to scrap my CallLog file since the mere 700kb file took up nearly 10mbs on the 650. how do I get my sms messages over to the 650? seems that on the 650 some of the common files that were on the 600 have a "2" at the end of them. could this pose a problem?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bits & Bolts Software Site
    We are currently looking for any adventurous Treo 650 users who would like to test this new version prior to its public release. Please contact us if you are interested.
    Posted here.
    Tested out the latest beta version and it works great so far. I've been able to backup and restore my Treo 650 after a hard reset without encountering any problems. Bits & Bolts have been very swift in responses and very supportive. Kudos to them!!
    ditto to the above post
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    So, did they mention when it would be ready for prime time?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast