Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    firstbeat,

I like your math. I'm still going to hang in there for vc, though.

Cluemeister
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    I've had to re-work my mathmatical equation in this phone upgrade to the following due to Palm 1's inability to ship to Vienna Channels (I did attend the Long Beach road show and ordered my Sprint 650 that day- order # is in the low 200s)

Old Equation
    $349 (price from Vienna Channels)
    -$325 (estimated price I'd get selling my 600 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $24 cost to me for upgrade to 650

New Equation
    $599 (price buying 650 from Sprint)
    -$150 (rebate I will receive from Sprint for resigning contract)
    EQUALS
    $449 (Net price from Sprint)
    -$325 (estimated price I'll get selling my 600 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $124 (adjusted net from Sprint)
    +$349 (amount for 650 from Vienna Channels for 2nd 650)
    -$575 (amount I will get selling unused 650 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $102 PROFIT I will make by upgrading to 650

Sure..I have to be the bank for a while, but what the heck! I would never have had to do this if The TreoRoadshows yielded a new phone quicker, now I'm forced to realize that I have to capitalize on their discount to justify shelling out so much money for the upgrade.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    I've had to re-work my mathmatical equation in this phone upgrade to the following due to Palm 1's inability to ship to Vienna Channels (I did attend the Long Beach road show and ordered my Sprint 650 that day- order # is in the low 200s)

Old Equation
    $349 (price from Vienna Channels)
    -$325 (estimated price I'd get selling my 600 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $24 cost to me for upgrade to 650

New Equation
    $599 (price buying 650 from Sprint)
    -$150 (rebate I will receive from Sprint for resigning contract)
    EQUALS
    $449 (Net price from Sprint)
    -$325 (estimated price I'll get selling my 600 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $124 (adjusted net from Sprint)
    +$349 (amount for 650 from Vienna Channels for 2nd 650)
    -$575 (amount I will get selling unused 650 on Ebay)
    EQUALS
    $102 PROFIT I will make by upgrading to 650

Sure..I have to be the bank for a while, but what the heck! I would never have had to do this if The TreoRoadshows yielded a new phone quicker, now I'm forced to realize that I have to capitalize on their discount to justify shelling out so much money for the upgrade.
    Is that a valid comparison? In one case you are resigning a contract. In the other you are not. And that accounts for all the difference and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Is that a valid comparison? In one case you are resigning a contract. In the other you are not. And that accounts for all the difference and more.
    Well...the way I'm looking at it (and clearly this wouldn't apply to everyone), I have an awesome Sprint package and there's nothing like it anymore ($80 per month, 2000 minutes, free long distance, unlimited data, free pcs to pcs), so I (personally) don't mind getting this plan gauranteed to me for two more years. My post was merely trying to point out that there are ways to be creative and use the VC promotion as a hedge against having to pay full pop.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12