Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to manipulate the format of the saved camcorder video files? I'm trying to figure out what format they are. The desired effect is being able to email these small files to a blog site like typepad - and have them post as images do. I know typepad supports most standard video file formats. Doesn't seem to work with this app.

IDeas?

Thanks!
    I believe the manual says they are saved as mpeg4 files. It's in the manual, I know because I read it while I was waiting for my 650, which I'm still waiting for.

Did I mention I'm still waiting for my 650?
  3.    #3  
    The file that is saved/sent has the suffix ".3g2" - and shows up in Windows (when emailed to myself) as a Quicktime readable file. My guess is that typepad just doesn't recognize the suffix?

Any clue on possibly changing the file type?
    Is the quality of the video decent? What is the frame size and fps? Is there any chance you could post a sample? If it is mpeg4, then changing the suffix to .mpg might work.

Jon
    Here is a sample, the quality is not that bad, this sample is not a good one tho because its dark here. I will post another one in the morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for posting these videos, but it appears I need to rename it so it will play in Windows Media Player or the Qtime player? Any suggestions as to the best way?

Also, on the 650, can one record directly to the SD card, and thereby record a much longer video than would fit into the 23MB of onboard memory? Thanks.

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Here is a sample, the quality is not that bad, this sample is not a good one tho because its dark here. I will post another one in the morning.
    I can't seem to view your videos. I tried to open them with Windows Media Player and QuickTime, but no luck. Also tried changing the file extention to mpg, avi, and mov, but still a no go.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    QuickTime plays them for me. No special trick, I just chose OPEN after clicking on them. XP asked me what I wanted to open the file with and recommended QuickTime. I accepted QuickTime and it played.

FWIW: They are very dark; I would wait for his daylight contribution
    Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Thanks for posting these videos, but it appears I need to rename it so it will play in Windows Media Player or the Qtime player? Any suggestions as to the best way?

Also, on the 650, can one record directly to the SD card, and thereby record a much longer video than would fit into the 23MB of onboard memory? Thanks.

Jon
    Yes you can record directly to the SD card.
    Yes, it plays for me in Quicktime also, no need to change the extension. But it looks pretty blown out and pixelized so I also await viewing something a bit better lit.
    Sorry, I just got to take lunch. I had 4 vid to view, but I can only upload 1 because of the size. I will make smaller ones later. This one was recorded directly to ram. I will upload 1 later that was recorded directly to sd card.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Yes you can record directly to the SD card.
    How do you set the camera and camcorder app to automatically capture to the card and not to memory? I can't seem to find it anywhere. thanks.
    mhorts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhorts
    How do you set the camera and camcorder app to automatically capture to the card and not to memory? I can't seem to find it anywhere. thanks.
    Look in the upper right corner of the application. There are 2 little icons. One icon is for internal storage, the other is for the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Is the quality of the video decent? What is the frame size and fps? Is there any chance you could post a sample? If it is mpeg4, then changing the suffix to .mpg might work.

Jon
    The quality is not so great. The compression is set way too high and results in many artifacts when motion is involved in the captured video. I'm sure this can be fixed once someone creates an app for adjusting the compression level. With the current setting I can fit like 10 hours of video on my SD card, but the quality sucks. I'd like the compression reduced a bit for some better quality, like I get with my canon digital camera.
    Whew, from the two samples posted, I would have to agree that the default video is pretty useless. The question is whether there is a large enough pipeline in the Treo 650 to save decent quality video directly to the SD card. For the 600 there is an app that produces videos somewhat better in quality, but it can only save a video about 10 seconds long directly to the internal memory, since the 600's architecture doesn't allow the camera to directly feed the SD card. I wonder if anyone on this board knows the 650 architecture enough to make an educated guess as to the potential here. I would suggest radically reducing the compression, probably making the files 10x larger in order to get something close to acceptable.

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Look in the upper right corner of the application. There are 2 little icons. One icon is for internal storage, the other is for the SD card.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I only see those icons when I'm selecting a video to review, not in the actual recording app. How do I make it save to card when recording? Thanks!
    Click on the Pics & Video Icon, then, in the upper right hand corner, there are 2 little icons (one is a treo 650, the other is an sd card), click on the sd card picture, then all pictures and video will store directly to you sd card. When you sync with your pc, it will also sync all pictures and videos, including the ones stored in your sd card.

It would be nice for an app to come out which you could change the compression quality. Maybe it can transfer directly to sd card if it is fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Click on the Pics & Video Icon, then, in the upper right hand corner, there are 2 little icons (one is a treo 650, the other is an sd card), click on the sd card picture, then all pictures and video will store directly to you sd card. When you sync with your pc, it will also sync all pictures and videos, including the ones stored in your sd card.

It would be nice for an app to come out which you could change the compression quality. Maybe it can transfer directly to sd card if it is fast enough.
    Goldfinger, Thanks. With all the problems I'm having with a completely successful install of the CD that came with the phone I'm starting to miss all the little details.

Just tried it and it works. Thanks! The video look pretty good, the audio seems pretty bad, especially if there is a lot of background noise.
    Yea, the audio quality isnt that good, but I can deal with it.
    does any one knokw if this program works with the treo 600?

it would be a much needed upgrade to record directly to SD card, and have windows compatibility
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast