Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow... And here I was trying to figure out why this wasnt working with textamerica. Is there something else to record video with the 650? What is this MovieRecord that I see mentioned?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    By the way, you can post a video to textamerica, with a couple of workarounds: you have to record at the smaller video size, and you can't e-mail directly from the Treo.

I don't know if it's a problem on Sprint's end, but I can copy my video to my desktop, and then mail it to my weblog and it work fine. Examples can be found here - http://djtelesca.textamerica.com

Hope that's useful!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Wait, I tried that twice and it still didnt work. I tried to mail it from my yahoo account and nothing happens. I even tried to log onto the site and upload it directly and textamerica said it doesnt accept 3GPP2 files. Are you emailing it to TA in the same format?

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    By the way, you can post a video to textamerica, with a couple of workarounds: you have to record at the smaller video size, and you can't e-mail directly from the Treo.

I don't know if it's a problem on Sprint's end, but I can copy my video to my desktop, and then mail it to my weblog and it work fine. Examples can be found here - http://djtelesca.textamerica.com

Hope that's useful!

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Wait, I tried that twice and it still didnt work. I tried to mail it from my yahoo account and nothing happens. I even tried to log onto the site and upload it directly and textamerica said it doesnt accept 3GPP2 files. Are you emailing it to TA in the same format?
    Your not alone, I'm having the same problem, QuickTime will not play these files, but says that it supports it on their website.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    I finally got it to play on my machine, I had to download a new version of Quicktime to do it. But I am still not able to send it to Textamerica though.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    My 650 is telling me that I can't email a file over 256k?????????? WTF?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    By the way, you can post a video to textamerica, with a couple of workarounds: you have to record at the smaller video size, and you can't e-mail directly from the Treo... Hope that's useful!
    That is useful. I hadn't thought of a limit on the video size. Wonder if they plan on upping that? Forcing the Treo video camera to use the smallest format seems to degrade it to being... well, only as good as other video phones.
    pzarquon,
    What is the Payphone Project?
    ~'kito
    I can't send or recieve video mms on my treo 650....get a message saying "unsupported video type" ....anyone have any suggestions... I am on t-mobile and all I get is "we dont support that phone yet"/!!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Thanks for posting these videos, but it appears I need to rename it so it will play in Windows Media Player or the Qtime player? Any suggestions as to the best way?

Also, on the 650, can one record directly to the SD card, and thereby record a much longer video than would fit into the 23MB of onboard memory? Thanks.

Jon
    I had to teach my computer to open the Treo video files with QuickTime. Windows XP was defaulting to Windows Media Player and then saying that it couldn't play this file type. (So why did Microsoft choose to open the Treo video files with WMP, if WMP can't play them? Only Bill Gates knows for sure!) Anyway, once I associated the file type with QuickTime, they were playing fine on my machine.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123