Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21  
    Could someone please compare the video quality on the 650 to MovieRec? Also, how is the emailing of video's?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Sorry, I just got to take lunch. I had 4 vid to view, but I can only upload 1 because of the size. I will make smaller ones later. This one was recorded directly to ram. I will upload 1 later that was recorded directly to sd card.
    I hope I don't get beaten up for this but the video looks great coming from a cell phone.

    A website that I frequent a lot, has a bunch of 3gp vid clips posted from mobile users, and they don't nearly compare to this video. I'm thoroughly impressed and can't wait till I get my hands on my GSM Treo 650.

    TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    I hope I don't get beaten up for this but the video looks great coming from a cell phone.

    A website that I frequent a lot, has a bunch of 3gp vid clips posted from mobile users, and they don't nearly compare to this video. I'm thoroughly impressed and can't wait till I get my hands on my GSM Treo 650.

    TheHandlessKing
    The video is excellent for a highly compressed video mail type format. I wish they also had the option for less compression for those who intend to upload off the SD card and use for video CD or DVD format. I can imagine that someone will make a hack for this in the near future. The current compression settings likely adhere to the 3g2 video standards for mobile transmission and are perfect for emailing videos to friends.
  4. #24  
    ahh... the M3... My friend just got one, and we raced about 10 times against my C32 AMG.... very close! I had em by about 1/2 car each time....
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Could someone please compare the video quality on the 650 to MovieRec? Also, how is the emailing of video's?
    Emailing the videos works very well. The videos record at around 1MB per minute. You can use the Sprint email provided that the video does not exceed a certain size. I can't remember the limit, maybe 2mb? I sent a 30 second video clip which was just over 500kb and it was no problem. I created an email in Versamail and attached the video. You can also send video mail, but that is a little different. With that you click the envelope icon in the video viewer. This method actually puts the video on sprints server and gives the receiver a web link to get to the video. This method limits the video to 256kb (about 15 seconds of video). I prefer emailing the video as an attachment.

    Nathan
  6. #26  
    Here's my contribution to the 650 video testing library!



    p.s. my office is a mess!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #27  
    I've been playing with the camcorder app for a couple days - and am having most of my trouble from trying to post .3g2 files to blog sites. Something about the format isn't supported or something. I've since been trying to export from Quicktime or find other applications for conversion, but nothing has worked. Quicktime Pro is the best - but the audio constantly gets ripped apart and is mostly impossible to comprehend after conversion.

    River Past Video Cleaner seemed like a good experiment but crashed when opening the .3g2 file.

    Anyone else have any luck converting a file with good results? Size wize, I've had some very strange results - from 33k to 367MB all with the same file.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Emailing the videos works very well. The videos record at around 1MB per minute. You can use the Sprint email provided that the video does not exceed a certain size. I can't remember the limit, maybe 2mb? I sent a 30 second video clip which was just over 500kb and it was no problem. I created an email in Versamail and attached the video. You can also send video mail, but that is a little different. With that you click the envelope icon in the video viewer. This method actually puts the video on sprints server and gives the receiver a web link to get to the video. This method limits the video to 256kb (about 15 seconds of video). I prefer emailing the video as an attachment.

    Nathan
    Thanks Nathan! Good to know the features as well as options as I wait on my VC unit. Did Sprint hit you up for video charges to e-mail?

    I think I will really like the attachment ability as it does not limit your video as much.

    P.S. Thank all you guys who were kind enough to post video's for all to see.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Here's my contribution to the 650 video testing library!



    p.s. my office is a mess!
    Wow! The video looks GREAT coming from a cell phone. That's nearly as good as my old 1.3 megapixel NX80...might even be as good! Thanks for the sample.

    Rock
    Sprint Treo 650

    <a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=104925&amp;t=59"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/180x60/safer.gif"/></a>
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaud

    River Past Video Cleaner seemed like a good experiment but crashed when opening the .3g2 file.

    Anyone else have any luck converting a file with good results? Size wize, I've had some very strange results - from 33k to 367MB all with the same file.
    Same here. I was successful in dropping the .3g2 file into realproducer 10 and ovnerting into into a realmedia file. That should help compatibility...
  11. #31  
    Just got my 650 today and have some questions:

    1. Any idea why my pics won't open up on my desktop? I get this message: "Microsoft Photo Editor can't determine type"

    2. Why does my video's say that "Quicktime doesn't understand the file"? when I try to email them to myself to test on my laptop.

    Thanks

    P.S. I really like this baby!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Just got my 650 today and have some questions:

    1. Any idea why my pics won't open up on my desktop? I get this message: "Microsoft Photo Editor can't determine type"
    Doesn't make any sense. The photo's are standard Jpeg files. After hotsyncing, the pictures should show up in the directory:
    C:\Users\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos
    The pictures need the extension "jpg" (eg. photo.jpg). If problems continue, use a different program for viewing the pictures. Right click on the picture and select "Open with" and pick "Internet Explorer". The MS Photo Editor should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    2. Why does my video's say that "Quicktime doesn't understand the file"? when I try to email them to myself to test on my laptop.
    Make sure that the file has the extention "3g2". After hotsyncing, the video files should be located in:
    C:\Users\My Documents\My Videos\palmOne Videos
    Try playing the video files in this directory to verify that the quicktime player is working correctly. You may need to update your quicktime player to a newer version.

    Nate
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Here's my contribution to the 650 video testing library!
    And here's mine. Shot in downtown Honolulu (Chinatown area) on a drizzly, grey day. The video seems to play slower on my PC than it did on the T650. It ain't a Canon Optura, but for a phone, I'll take it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Doesn't make any sense. The photo's are standard Jpeg files. After hotsyncing, the pictures should show up in the directory:
    C:\Users\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos
    The pictures need the extension "jpg" (eg. photo.jpg). If problems continue, use a different program for viewing the pictures. Right click on the picture and select "Open with" and pick "Internet Explorer". The MS Photo Editor should work.

    Make sure that the file has the extention "3g2". After hotsyncing, the video files should be located in:
    C:\Users\My Documents\My Videos\palmOne Videos
    Try playing the video files in this directory to verify that the quicktime player is working correctly. You may need to update your quicktime player to a newer version.

    Nate
    Yes, I did not have the latest version of Quicktime although I thought I had down loaded it but there is a new version that handles 3GPP2 files.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  15. #35  
    So can you now post treo650 videos on the typepad moblog?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    Same here. I was successful in dropping the .3g2 file into realproducer 10 and ovnerting into into a realmedia file. That should help compatibility...
    Thanks for phrasing this the way you did. I knew RealProducer worked with MPEG-4 files, but the .3G2 files wouldn't come up in the 'Open...' dialog. Just dragging and dropping worked, however.

    Now I have a different problem. The audio sync is way off. I mean, a 20 second clip will play all its sound in 10 seconds, leaving the last 10 seconds of video silent. Anyone know any tricks to fix this?

    Or any other open-source, free, or reasonably priced utilities that can turn 3GP into something else, or do simple editing (i.e. connecting several clips together)?

    Real sucks, no doubt about it, but when it comes to a format I know all relatives and friends will be able to open (and smaller file sizes, though 3G2 is pretty compressed already), it's a format I've got 'em comfortable with.

    Er... and I know this is venturing into 'Software' territory, but frankly, the T650 is the only device I've used or seen that creates .3G2 content!
  17. #37  
    Personally, I think the video is pretty bad and not as good as it was with MovieRecord. The sound with Movie Record was certainly better, but the problem was that it was in some format that you can't use other than on your Treo. I don't know if it works on the 650 for recording, but I do have it on there so I can still view my old movies I took with it when I had my 600. I am very disappointed in the new camcorder. I had thought it would at least be as good as Movie Record was for the 600.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  18. #38  
    Sprint are greedy bastards cuz they want us to use their service to send videos! what is the work around?
  19. jaweston's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #39  
    Send your Treo 650 video clips as VersaMail attachments. At least that's what I do.
  20. #40  
    Anyone know of the best app to do minor editing to a .3G2 file? I could never get the RealProducer video-audio sync problem worked out, so I'm willing to "stay native" with MPEG4, but I'd love to be able to connect clips together, cut out bits, etc.

    Is Apple's Quicktime Pro for Windows comparable to the Mac product? Will it work with .3G2 files by default?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions