Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    That's the Waltons, Vincent.

Goodnight Maryellen,
    Goodnight Johnboy, etc.

Boy am I feeling old!!!

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Search for PQI, I was wrong on the name.

IMO, ZLauncher is not the easiest thing to use for a novice; it has tons of advanced functionality. That said, to do what I have outlined above, you would need to learn only a few advanced steps.

I'm very happy with my card. You can find lots of info on this board and others on SD cards and their performance.

I have to agree, I have been using zlauncher for quite some time now, and while there might be some delay in loading an application, it is a great way to get around the memory issue on the 650. Using it on my 650 now, no problems.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Sorry for the flames guys.... I was mostly ticked at PalmOne. I wish they would at least acknowledge and warn about the "issue" with large databases...

My 650 eventually got so bogged down it required a hard reset and some stuff got lost. When I restored it, I only put in about 500 of my most recent contacts. Things worked more smoothly. The buttons were more responsive.

It doesn't fix my problem, but I'm going to chill and wait and see what P1 does...

I got to try voice dial, (Since you have to have under 3,000 contacts. Pretty sweet app) Bluetooth DIN works. (This patch is labled as from PalmOne?)

http://mytreo.net/mytreomodules.phpn...etails&lid=399

I loaded zLauncher. It helps with applications that can reside on the card.

Anyway, forgive me for grinding on you guys. I am a very passionate user. (Can anyone tell? )

-Vincent
    No problem, Vincent. I agree it takes a lot to come back and say this. Good luck with your setup; I hope things work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    P1 should pay for the z launcher or should have a similar software for free download from P1 website.
    Also at least a free 128 MBcard as it seems that even average Joe user will run into memory issues.
    Seems like the anger about memory is slowly dying..
    Great, but it's not due to P1, but our own extra $$$$..
    I like the idea .I am not sure whether this a gesture out of concern about the users or is related to stock scaling down.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    No problem, Vincent. I agree it takes a lot to come back and say this. Good luck with your setup; I hope things work for you.
    Thanks Silverado. After all, we are all on the same side, and we all need to stick together! (Including PalmOne.)

While we may have different needs, priorities, and uses for our Treo's, it is a device that we want to be able to turn to for our mobile computing and communications needs.

Just looking at this discussion board shows that we are a very dedicated, passionate bunch of users.

I appreciate PalmOne's detailed discussion of the memory situation. I hope in the future they will consider accepting input from their loyal (and can I say passionate again?) users... in advance. <grin> (Especially those of us who depend exclusively on our Treos on a daily basis.)

I have taken them literally and made the Treo my PDA. My Treo has become my phone (the only one I use), my address book, my calender, my bible (with 4 simultaneous translations), my mp3 player (for casual use), my camera (the only one I have and carry daily), my guitar tuner, my mobile eMail and internet terminal, my journal, diary, songwriting sketchpad, audio recorder, and now with bluetooth, my personal mobile wireless access point... (And I'm sure I left something out)

So I guess I could say that it's because Handspring/PalmOne has created such a great and compelling product, we expect more. We know they're capable of it.

So thank you PalmOne for an incredible device. Let's tackle the memory issue and then move upward and onward to making it do even more!

-Vincent
    can someone post step by step how to set up zlauncher... this app is so confusing , I bought it and played with it and got sooo lost that I had deleted it and revert back the more friendly user powerrun though I have a feeling I am missing something by not figuring how to use zlauncher...help help help
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    can someone post step by step how to set up zlauncher... this app is so confusing , I bought it and played with it and got sooo lost that I had deleted it and revert back the more friendly user powerrun though I have a feeling I am missing something by not figuring how to use zlauncher...help help help
    I am pretty good with the Palm OS and have downloaded tons of software in the past few years but I couldn't agree more with pixhershko. Zlauncher seems like like it is loaded with potential but I couldn't figure it out either. I even went to the Yahoo group for Zlauncher and there wasn't anything there either. It would be wonderful if one of you seasoned experts could help us newbies to this program.
    there is a manual i believe
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    TRYING TO VIEW DVDS ON 650: I've followed the treo 600 guide from treocentral site to try to view dvd on my new 650. I get as far as the install of the .avi files and they don't install. Granted I only have a 128 sd card. (Is Staples open on Thanksgivin?) But I have cleared what seems to be enuf memory from the card to accept the avi. It just doesn't install.
    the manual is as confusing to me as the program itself... I need someone to walk me step by step with the most basic setup if someone can help that would be wonderful and btw happy thanksgiving everyone!!!
    Okay, start ZL. Then go Menu->options-> ZL preferences

Click on the Advanced tab

Then click catagory setup, then click import from system

This will import all the catagory settings for your apps from the native Palm launcher

Then you find the app that you want to move to the SD card

use the stylus. hold on the icon until a dialogue pops up. Then choose move to card. Make sure that you choose create shortcut icon and move databases in the subsequent dialogue box.

Repeat as desried

sorrry, been deinkiung today

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

is zlauncher significantly better/faster at launching from SD - and only in terms of launching from SD - than powerrun? i don't need all the skins and other 'fun' stuff, i just want to seamlessly run apps from my SD card. powerrun is $15, zlauncher, $20. if they accomplish the launching with roughly the same efficiency, it seems powerrun is the less expensive choice, if you don't need all the other stuff zlauncher includes.
    Last edited by anastrophe; 11/25/2004 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I have found that ZL picks more databases up and moves to the SD card from the RAM than PRPRPR

hey thanks a million
    cool, I'm glad it worked

I wanted to thank everyone in this thread... with your help I went from having 1.5mb left to get this...19.7 mb back in my 650. so thank you so much again I love tc I learn something new every day... cool
    I agree with the comments that zlauncher and its user manual are not user-friendly for us sub-power users, although I can see its potential. I downloaded it previously (version 4.1) and tried to move some app's to my SD card using ZL. I thought I had moved both WebPro and Cardbackup, as they both showed up on the Card tab in ZL. But when I did a hard reset, only WebPro was visisble on the card - Cardbackup was nowhere to be seen (until I restored my data with a sync). I don't understand how this happened, and it's worrying given I was assuming I had a fully working backup app on my card.

My ZL app isn't registered yet - would this make a difference? eg if had I moved WordPro to the card during the trial period and Cardbackup only after it expired? (I'm happy to register it but only if it works for me.)

Any thoughts on what I did wrong - can't figure it out from the manual.

PS: I just noticed Cardbackup appears in my native T600 apps screen (ie the non-ZL one) with an * whereas Webpro doesn't appear there at all.
    Hey, benchmarks on that "high speed" ultra II would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 1GB ultra II on order from buy.com (~$90 w/shipping) and would like to know in time to cancel if it performs better than standard cards.

Cheers
    Which theme do you install on ZL 5.0?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosg
    I agree with the comments that zlauncher and its user manual are not user-friendly for us sub-power users, although I can see its potential. I downloaded it previously (version 4.1) and tried to move some app's to my SD card using ZL. I thought I had moved both WebPro and Cardbackup, as they both showed up on the Card tab in ZL. But when I did a hard reset, only WebPro was visisble on the card - Cardbackup was nowhere to be seen (until I restored my data with a sync). I don't understand how this happened, and it's worrying given I was assuming I had a fully working backup app on my card.

My ZL app isn't registered yet - would this make a difference? eg if had I moved WordPro to the card during the trial period and Cardbackup only after it expired? (I'm happy to register it but only if it works for me.)

Any thoughts on what I did wrong - can't figure it out from the manual.

PS: I just noticed Cardbackup appears in my native T600 apps screen (ie the non-ZL one) with an * whereas Webpro doesn't appear there at all.
    ZLauncher can store applications in the card in two different locations:

1. The native Palm OS location: /PALM/Launcher
    2. The ZLauncher location: /PALM/PROGRAMS/ZLauncher/Apps

Applications stored in location 1 will automatically appear in ZLauncher and they can also be seen in the native launcher when you select the card category.

Applications stored in location 2 will only show up in ZLauncher if you create a shortcut to them. You can create a shortcut when you move the application to the card by checking the appropriate checkbox. (You can also create a shortcut later by browsing to the location on the SD card and selecting Shortcut from the menu.) Shortcuts will also show up in the regular launcher with an asterisk (*) after the name. They could be launched from there as well.

After a hard-reset, you can get all your shortcuts back by choosing the menu action Options -> Update All shortCuts in ZLauncher.

Note that copying to location 2 has the advantage of allowing you to copy the application along with its data to the card, thus freeing more memory.
    Last edited by silverado; 11/28/2004 at 11:07 AM.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast