1.    #1  
    This is my first Treo, and PDA for that matter, so excuse me for the rookie questions:

1) How come my home button doesn't bring the device out of stand-by but the phone button does? I've been pressing the phone button to wake it up and then the home button to get to my PDA screen.

2) How can I get a wav sound from my PC to work as a ringer/alert tone on the Treo? I saw an old post about a Nokia converter but after registering on the Nokia site for it they wouldn't allow me access to the program. Does anyone have the program and can convert a wav file for me? It's the AOL IM wav sound which I want to use as my verichat alert.

I think that's all for now. I'll continue with more in this thread as they come up, and I'm sure there will be more because this thing seems like the most consuming product I've ever purchased lol

And for anyone else with questions like these feel free to throw them on here too, other rookies and I may learn a thing or 2
  2.    #2  
    Oh and also, I want to access Yahoo Sports "Stattracker" which is a java page, but it doesnt seem to be working. Anyone know about java or java virtual machine on Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    This is my first Treo, and PDA for that matter, so excuse me for the rookie questions:

1) How come my home button doesn't bring the device out of stand-by but the phone button does? I've been pressing the phone button to wake it up and then the home button to get to my PDA screen.

If the phone is in stand-by (or key/screen lock mode) then pressing the green button take you to the phone. HOWEVER if you press the red button it takes you to the last application that was open/on the screen when the phone went to "sleep"

This is convenient if you are writing a memo or looking up a contact while doing something else. If the phone goes to sleep, hitting the red button take you right back there, so you don't have to look up the contact again.