Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chupacabra
    Buddy, the original poster was trying to make a joke. Maybe if you weren't so drugged out on Vicodin (or is it crack?) you would have recognized that subtle literary device known as sarcasm. Sheeesh.

By the way, my post was another example of sarcasm.

classic
    PLEASE, do not lock the baby in the closet. Yes, grammar is important, but it's not worth endangering your child over. PLEASE, heed this warning! PLEASE!
    LOL
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    yo, homey in da house! wat up, yo! keep it reeeeaaaallll...yo. sheeeeeiiit...

the english language is always a crucial tool in life, particularly when its not being polluted by the ridiculous ebonic garbage.

anyway, palmone makes devices for the businesses. the treo 650 is a business device. this is why they market the 650 and the 600 with goodlink - it built around the purposes of being a business smartphone.

now, as far it being an expensive toy, well, I chalk that comment up to improper english. and THAT'S keepin it real.
    when keeping it real goes wrong..
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I like Treo because it's not only a phone. That's why wifi is important to me.
    [QUOTE=GiggleBush]WAIT! WAIT!
    Treo 650 is Floor cleaner and a Desert Topping!!!!
    /QUOTE]

AHHHHHH, I wanted to post that serves me right for not checking this forum sooner
    garinballbarin
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad

Wasn't that a show on Fox? (Used to come on after The Simpsons on Sunday.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I keeps it real beyotch
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you all suffer from mental disease
    Buddy, the original poster was trying to make a joke. Maybe if you weren't so drugged out on Vicodin (or is it crack?) you would have recognized that subtle literary device known as sarcasm. Sheeesh.

By the way, my post was another example of sarcasm.

THAT was a joke? Sorry, Goatsucker, but I'm going to have to call you on that one, as has been the case so many times in the past, you have no idea what you're talking about. Joke or no, the original poster's grammar was so...awful...no one would ever have been able to tell WHAT his intentions were. As far as the phrase "my bad" goes, I'll quote Samuel Clemens "Once you have mastered the english language, well, then you are free to abuse it at your leisure."
    If ANYONE in this thread can even come close to claiming mastership of our wonderful language, it's going to be Anastrophe. Period, ya'll.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    you all suffer from mental disease
    I'm not suffering at all, thank you.
  12.    #32  
    "Toy like" cell phones sell because they look "Cool" on the outside with features like Super Hi Res Screen, bright lights everywhere like a Christmas tree, a pin hole camera and that's what the 650 is "A TOY FOR GROWNUPS." However, most of us are looking at the Treo 650 as a Power Tool that can do all the useful things a smartphone should do. PalmOne wanted to make the Treo650 more like an Expensive Cool Toy leaving out the PDA features on the side. Examples:
    1.BlueTooth: As a phone it only needs to have the lowest version of all. Anything else would make the Treo too useful.
    2.WiFi: To most people it is more of a PDA related feature that only geeks use to get important information anywhere they are. So once again BlueTooth sounds more like a feature a phone should have.
    3.RAM: Why would somebody put more than a 32MB chip in a phone? Even 4MB would have been fine. We have to realize that people buy cell phones to store numbers and people's information. Anybody who do more than that with a phone needs to get a HT Pentium 4 computer.
    4.New File System: This one shouldn't even be bold because nobody really cares how a file system works in a phone. Even if it makes your phone eat twice more RAM than older versions. As long as it let you save numbers and people's name it is fine.
    5.Compatibility with Non-Palm Software: How many people install software on their cellphone? Maybe one or two games and two or three applications, which bring us back to point 3 RAM.

Look people the Treo 650 was made to be a fancy Cell phone for teenagers and hip hop rappers and not for geeks or power users. If you need more than the Treo 650 can give wait for the TREO 900 coming soon Fall 2010.

Al
    I hope this thread does not 'morph into this condescending, mockery of Hip Hop culture! As someone who tours with artists regularly, I can confirm that the sidekick IS the "premier" hip hop toy phone/gadget of the minute for young entertainers. Outside of Nelly and a few NFL/NBA players, many do not know what these kinds of devices can do and even the aforementioned cats only use the Treo to "Wow" friends or manage their schedule(concert dates, games and groupies) . I agree with Anas in that IT and Linux guys take care of biz with their handhelds for people and Networks are depending on their know-how. No "toying" around dude when Secure Shell, Fedora2 or whatever is necessary in maintaining small, medium businesses. Lest we forget the "Old School" of Hip Hop which birthed folk who were phone-phreaking, telnetting and 2600-ing our way from the raw, crusty underworld and middle-fingering mainstream "Matrix" culture! Please don't divide us or humour us with colloquys, dangling participles and double negatives. Your ghetto pass may be revoked! We came up from Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Led Zep, James Brown and UNIX!!!
    In summary, the Treo6xx is not a game, or a toy. It's a device that allows me to engage commerce.
    Power to the People, Ya' heard?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12