1.    #1  
    How long does the "I have a new Treo 650 and Im going to handle it with kid gloves" feeling last? I've been walking around like Im on eggshells with this gorgeous device the last 2 days!

- I don't set it down on my wood desk, I set it down on the paper envelope on my wood desk next to my computer.

- My old device, the Sanyo 5300, I would be out at the movies watch the trailers before the movie and a call would come in, I'd answer my phone with hastily napkin-ed popcorn buttered hands and all. I can't imagine doing that with the Treo 650!

- It doesnt charge on the ground, but rather resting on top of the side of a pillow I have on the floor...

- I cringe, just a little, when my friends want to see it and it leaves my hands... will they drop it... will they be gentle... LOL!

Just a funny feeling to have for a freaking phone, you'd think I was handling a crystal faberge egg or something. Anyone else like this with this magnificent device?
    Last edited by TracerHawk; 11/20/2004 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerHawk

- I don't set it down on my wood desk, I set it down on the paper envelope on my wood desk next to my computer.
    ::GASP!:: And allow the paper fibers to scratch at the back of the case!? Unaccepatble!

I've got got mine resting on much softer material... when I'm in the house, it rests atop the soft leather of my wallet, or on something cotton.

- My old device, the Sanyo 5300, I would be out at the movies watch the trailers before the movie and a call would come in, I'd answer my phone with hastily napkin-ed popcorn buttered hands and all. I can't imagine doing that with the Treo 650!
    Nope, greasy items and my Treo shall not mix. Too many buttons where that stuff could sneak in.

The bluetooth headset will come in handy though. If I'm in a not so clean environment and someone calls me, I can get the headset dirty instead of the Treo. In fact, 99% of my calls are probably going to go through the headset, since I hated face-gunk on even my previous, way-less expensive phone that I took way less care of.

- It doesnt charge on the ground, but rather resting on top of the side of a pillow I have on the floor...
    The aformentioned leather/cotton rest is where mine charges..

- I cringe, just a little, when my friends want to see it and it leaves my hands... will they drop it... will they be gentle... LOL!
    Oh if anyone drops it, Vengeance Shall Be Mine. :P

Just a funny feeling to have for a freaking phone, you'd think I was handling a crystal faberge egg or something. Anyone else like this with this magnificent device?
    True, but hey, I spent $600 on this thing, so I'm going to make an attempt at being careful with it for as long as possible. In reality, the construction seems very sturdy, but as with all PDAs I'm operating under the assumption that a trip to any non-carpeted floor spells death for the screen.

Thankfully, there's phone insurance, but I'd much rather not have to use it.
    You need to get some egrips ASAP. egrips.com
    Your only human. I don't have my 650 yet bet I felt the same way with my T-3...my wife knew to keep distane and she humored me. Enjoy this stage because for me the end of it is not a far cry from I need something new again. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerHawk
    Umm... I still treat my 600 that way
    They sell egrips at radioshack, if you don't have time for shipping.
    I'm feeling just the same. Already ordered the Vaja case. And I'm starting to get comfortable living in my bubble. Other than occassionally rolling off the couch, life is good.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I'm already treating it like my 600. Just a boxwave cover and that's it.

They're solid devices, in my experice. Either that, or I'm much more delicate than I think. And I really, really doubt it's the latter.