Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else yet noticed the bluetooth stack appears to be a file on the phone? Hmm... I'll be hex editing that one later today...
    oooh...please elaborate for bluetooth n00bs like myself. What are the possibilities with editing the stack?
    Can you fix the handsfree profile so it'll work with the Prius and the Acura TL?
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
  4.    #4  
    All I can say so far is, hmm, I wonder what profile this icon is for:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    Holy mother of, I think I found it... Wonder what this comment is in the code:

'PrvTurnOffDUN'

In the Bluetooth Manager prc file, at memory offset 00002032 there is a BSR L418 with that comment... I'm going to trace out the call and see if we can enable dial up networking profile without there update...
    Hot diggity
    While I am a GSM user, I have the same question as everyone else.

DID YOU TURN IT ON?!?!?!?

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  8.    #8  
    Working on it... I hotpatched it, no change yet... I have to trace threw more code...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

'PrvTurnOffDUN'

In the Bluetooth Manager prc file, at memory offset 00002032 there is a BSR L418 with that comment... I'm going to trace out the call and see if we can enable dial up networking profile without there update...

Hehe well that didn't take long now, did it? Let's just pretend it was there all along for those of us who haven't received the device yet.
    It's moments like this that make me treasure this board.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  11.    #11  
    Well, the function to turn off DUN is at L418. It's called from 3 locations in the code... Should just be a matter of time...

L418 0000480a : 00002032(S) 00004bf2(S) 00004dfa(S)

'PrvTurnOffDUN'

You've gotta be kidding me! Is Palm retarded? I would have thought the stacks would have been made completely inaccessible. If this is true, it ranks right up there with unlocking the Treo 600 and the hack revealing the Sprint Treo 600 call data. I think Palm needs some new coders...

keep at it shadowmite - this is exactly what I thought palmone did, when talking to them at CTIA... only a matter of time.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Well, the function to turn off DUN is at L418. It's called from 3 locations in the code... Should just be a matter of time...

L418 0000480a : 00002032(S) 00004bf2(S) 00004dfa(S)

I'd race you if I had a Treo 650!

Methinks Palm is about to get p0wned.
  15. wzl
    *clears throat* w00t! lol ... reminds me of that classic movie Hackers...

Hack the planet (in our case, the t650)
    Are the GSM roms up on the palmone dev site? Would that possible help you in comparing between a DUN that was on, and a DUN that was off?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Anyone else yet noticed the bluetooth stack appears to be a file on the phone? Hmm... I'll be hex editing that one later today...
    Jeff, is that you? Bad, Boy! BAD!

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Are the GSM roms up on the palmone dev site? Would that possible help you in comparing between a DUN that was on, and a DUN that was off?
    haven't thought of that yet, great idea though...
    just checked: gsm rom isn't posted though
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  20.    #20  
    Well, I have to take off for a bit, I'll work more on it later. Everything I nop'd appeared to have no effect in getting the thing to broadcast a serial profile... Hmm... I'll think about it. There is also a bluetooth library file were some changes might have to be made.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast