Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear all treo 600 users,

600 is not that bad even after 650 release...600 still reigns over many smartphones.

So brothers, let's keep this place alive...

T600 Brothers Unite!!!!
    If you visit over at the 650 forum, I think you'll see that a certain issue of the 650 having about 30-50% less usable internal memory will have many users keeping us company for another year or 2 until the Treo 700 is available for "preorder."

I'm grateful that I know the quirks of the 600, I'm only on my 4th replacement, I have many cool add-ons that wouldn't work or fit onto the 650 anyway, and have managed to live with the paltry 20MB or so that it has available to me.

This or something better. For now, I'm here with you, bro.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I don't see the memory issue as a deal-breaker. The high res screen and bluetooth alone make it FAR worth the loss of memory. Being that I don't overload my Treo anyway, I doubt I (and most normal users) won't notice it. And P1 is aware and claiming to be working a fix, so we'll see.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    I can't shake the feeling that the 650 is a stop gap. That is, something about it just feels.... interim. Almost like P1 noticed that so many new smart phones were on the way, and decided it needed something new to stay in corporate America's eye.

The 600 was a revolution. The 650 is an evolution. Its just my humble opinion, but give it another year, and I think we can expect the next revolution. My 600 will serve until then.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    JasonWilliam:
    I agree - I'll wait for the Treo 1000! (or maybe the Samsung i550, if it really exists) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    JasonWilliam:
    I agree - I'll wait for the Treo 1000! (or maybe the Samsung i550, if it really exists) :-)
    Looks like the FCC thinks it exists! Brighthand - FCC Approves Samsung i550
    Now that is a sexy phone. If only VZW would carry it....

The Treo 600 is working well for me when it is working at all -- my 2nd replacement is in route. I'll consider the 650 once they solve the memory issue. Memory trumps all of the new features for me.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I personally am not too crazy about the button layout of the 650. Mind you I have a data only plan, I use Nextel service for my cell phone full paid for by my company. So the send receive buttons would do me no good, and I like the straight pattern of buttons as opposed to scattered. 2 questions....does anyone know if the send end buttons on the 650 are configurable? Also, what are the actual differences in e-mailing?
    The Memory is a dealbreaker for me - too many contacts to fit. I'm more or less happy with the 600, no reason to fork over hundreds of dollars at this point.
    It really doesn't make sense to me why they didn't add more memory to the 650 - what would it cost them? 50 cents?

128 mb Memory and WiFI - then I am on board!
    No interest in the 650. I can barely hold on to a usable 600 for more than a few months.

p1 lost a customer here. I'm gonna keep replacing my broken 600s until my PCS contract ends and I can use a real phone.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    If the 650 upgrade was $100, I MIGHT do it.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    -On original Treo 600 issued in Oct '03.
    -Never had to do a hard reset.
    -Never upgraded software last June because of the problems.

-Don't remember nearly as many problems when Treo 600 was introduced & that was a major leap from Treo 300.

-For now, my e-mail works great (Inbox to Go), my web browsing works great, my SMS works great and my eReader is terrific.

I'm very pleased with my T6 and probably hold on to it until it breaks and see what compelling deal is available at that time assuming problems are fixed.
    I am completely satisfied with my Treo 600 and being a long time Palm OS user I have many applications which I use all the time so memory for me is tight. Having a 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II SD card helps, but there are many applications that need to be in RAM. Usually these apps have conduits that will not work or have a lot of changing data, such as Vindigo. I try to keep 4 MB free on my 600 but it is not easy. Now that PalmOne has gotten the message that 32 MB on the 650 is not enough (while the T5 got 256) I don't think they will make the same mistake again. I am setting my hopes on next year.
    Last edited by vflopez; 11/21/2004 at 08:52 PM.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    I am using the same T600 since last December (the one I bought in November '03 had a nasty reset problem). But since then, I can't complain. This littel jewel does almost everyting that I want it to do. Being a mobile consultant, I make tons of phone calls, use Agendus constantly, and have about 1500 or so contacts.

Currently have 54 apps (including built in ) and still have 10 mb free. I barely filled my Palm III at the time. Memory isn't an issue for me, but the T650 just doesn't offer enough new and improved features for me to make the move for such big $$$.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    I can't shake the feeling that the 650 is a stop gap. That is, something about it just feels.... interim. Almost like P1 noticed that so many new smart phones were on the way, and decided it needed something new to stay in corporate America's eye.

The 600 was a revolution. The 650 is an evolution. Its just my humble opinion, but give it another year, and I think we can expect the next revolution. My 600 will serve until then.
    Preach on brotha, preach on!

I'M WITH YA!

More memory, 1.3(or more) megapixel cam and PTT-ready, I'd upgrade. For now though, my fully-customized, totally tricked out, do damn-near-anything T6 is the shiznit!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    I too will stay with my 600. I don't see any features on the 650 that I really need.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    ...For now though, my fully-customized, totally tricked out, do damn-near-anything T6 is the shiznit!
    nuff said
  19.    #19  
    Yeah baby, at least i know there are guys with me...Just bought a Treo 600 you see...I'm Loving It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    If you visit over at the 650 forum, I think you'll see that a certain issue of the 650 having about 30-50% less usable internal memory will have many users keeping us company for another year or 2 until the Treo 700 is available for "preorder."

I'm grateful that I know the quirks of the 600, I'm only on my 4th replacement, I have many cool add-ons that wouldn't work or fit onto the 650 anyway, and have managed to live with the paltry 20MB or so that it has available to me.

This or something better. For now, I'm here with you, bro.
    Agreed. For the moment, I see no competitor to the 600 for my use.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast