Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm not impressed enough with the 650 to change carriers to get it.
    1. I need memory - lots of it. I've been juggling the 600's memory using ZLauncher and PowerRun since the beginning.
    2. BT would be nice but my headsets are not too cumbersome.
    3. Chargers are everywhere so I've gotten used to not having a replaceable battery. Also -- what's up with not having a way to charge the battery outside of the unit?
    4. I'm not taking studio quality pictures with my phone. The current camera is good enough until something much, much better is offered.

However, I'm on my 3rd replacement (this one has a great camera!) Treo 600 in 5 months so I can't say I've never had a problem. Since VZW has a hassle-free replacement delivered in 2 days, I'm not complaining -- too much. If they don't find a fix for this SMS-reset problem by the time the 650 is available, I might receive a 650 as a replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    I'm on my 3rd replacement (this one has a great camera!) Treo 600 in 5 months so I can't say I've never had a problem. Since VZW has a hassle-free replacement delivered in 2 days, I'm not complaining -- too much. If they don't find a fix for this SMS-reset problem by the time the 650 is available, I might receive a 650 as a replacement!
    Hello Beryl,
    I am going to get a treo 600 and have heard that some have a better camera than others. Is there a camera version number or hardware version that can be identified with these better cameras?

Does anyone have any info on this? I sure would like to get a better one if I can.
    Thanks.
    I was going to buy a Treo 650 but I just bought a 600 instead. I got rid of my T3+ Sony Ericsson Z600 combo because I wanted an all-in-one email/SMS/organizer solution. I decided to wait and swap up for the 650 when the problems with memory are sorted out and the GSM version is available. Reason for wanting to upgrade? Better resolution screen+bluetooth, two very important features.
    Same here disconnekt,

Ordered a Verizon 600 on Amazon. With 15% service plan discount, $150 mail-in rebate and $30 off for using Amazon credit card, it came to just $289.99.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to activate it without having to buy a data plan. Would like to use EN/MOU only. Moving to the 600 from the 90 will be a major leap for me. I'm sure the 650 will have its bugs worked out and price discounted in a years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Same here disconnekt,

Ordered a Verizon 600 on Amazon. With 15% service plan discount, $150 mail-in rebate and $30 off for using Amazon credit card, it came to just $289.99. .......
    Ever since the 650 rumors began to circulate, buyers have asked if they should buy a 600 or wait. The longer one waits the easier the decision gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Hello Beryl,
    I am going to get a treo 600 and have heard that some have a better camera than others. Is there a camera version number or hardware version that can be identified with these better cameras?

Does anyone have any info on this? I sure would like to get a better one if I can.
    Thanks.
    It seems that Hardware version C has the better camera, I have a rev. B and the replacement T600 I've just received (also Rev. B) camera is even worse.
    Where can I look up the hardware version? I'm waiting for the phone to finish charging for the first time.

Thanks.
    I'll be sticking with my T600 for a while:
    1) T650 23Mb memory is a joke even before the block size fiasco.
    2) Don't want to replace all my chargers/cradles.
    3) I've never lost my data due to the battery running out so NVRAM has little or no value to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew77
    Where can I look up the hardware version? I'm waiting for the phone to finish charging for the first time.

Thanks.
    Go to the Phone app and press Menu then I and it will give you the Phone Info screen.
    its funny - the older i get, the more patient i become when it comes to new tech. being an early adopter now means you're the beta testers. If i'm gonna drop $500+ on anything, it better work perfect out of the box till it falls apart in my hands.

i'll probably upgrade to the 650 - but not for at least another year. hopefully the memory issue will be addressed, as well as the mic.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    For those of you looking for affirmation, I've found several things that I like better about the 600 over the 650:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=63694

I'm still on the fence as to what to do. The biggest deal-killer right now is that my Vision service drops a lot and the included VersaMail doesn't seem to be smart enough to reconnect. The biggest things I love about the 650 are the improved (but still not great) camera and the gorgeous transflexive screen. One down-side to the increased screen resolution: Treo-optimized websites are now no longer Treo-optimized. The 160x160-friendly graphics are now 1/4 the size.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    As usual, it comes down to whether or not you love the gadget enough to endure the prolonged beta-test period, which you have paid dearly to join. I notice on the linked thread that most of the things that annoy you please some others. Drilling down to the core, the only real, indisputable advantage of the 650 is the "gorgeous transflexive screen", and bluetooth. The latter has been hobbled, and while some have reenabled it, it may turn out to be an expensive proposition to actually use the DUN capablilites..see this thread.

I have made myself persona non grata over on the 650 side by vocally and loudly (if you can be loud on a message board..) telling folks to demand that PalmOne fix the problems with the 650. I suspect that the only thing they will listen to is the silence of cash registers NOT ringing. I'm doing MY part on that one...
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    For me its not even that, I'm stuck with wanting an UNLOCKED GSM model, have Tmobile for a provider and hearing NOTHING in the pipeline.

Tmobile seems to be carrying everything later than everything else, plus I probably won't even get any sort of discount.

On my current Treo 600, I got it in Feb after handspring was offering the upgrade price (I had the 270 unlocked). There seems like no discount for me ...and since I wasn't able to go to the roadshow, couldn't preorder from vienna channels.

Any hope? Seems bleek. Otherwise I'll be staying with ole' reliable, my first Treo 600. I love watching full length movies with pocketdvd / mmplayer!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123