Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    This may be too simplistic, but doesnt the model numbering scheme itself seem to indicate to you that the 650 is an incremental upgrade? Feels to me like the 300 was version 1.0, the 600 was V2.0, and the 650 is V2.1.

So I personally, am waiting for V3.0
    My 600 has worked flawlessly for the 6 months that I have had it. The only reason I would trade up for a 650 is if a IPSE VPN application is actually available for the 650 (as it is promised to be), and not available for the 600. My employer has recently installed a IPSEC VPN system, and I must work to that protocol.
    Been using my Treo 600 since the beginning of March, no problems, just love it and don't find the 650 gives me any reason to change. Plus, thanks to the efforts of some dedicated folks, we may get WiFi on the Treo 600. Soooo...I may not even go for the 700. We'll see.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I actually got the 650 and am waiting to return it. I sold my 600 on Ebay, got the 650, then bought another 600. I think that the 650 is noticeably slower than the 600 across the board. If I was upgrading for $100-200 then ok, but $600? Give me a break Sprint/P1. I got my 600 in December. I'll wait till June and get the $150 18-month handset credit from Sprint. Then I'll go back to the 650 IF they have fixed the problems.
    I'm in agreement. I had gone to the Roadshow & signed up for a T650 GSM unlocked with VC. As the memory problem unfolded, I changed my order from a "buy" to a "try & buy". I will see, if VC ever ships the GSM model, if all my contacts & third party software fits on the 650. If not, and if moving everything from the T6 to the T650 is as difficult as people are saying it is, I'll just return it. I am quite happy with my 600!

Andrew
    I have what is probably one of the very first 600's released, and it continues to function well. Sadly, it was also one of the first to go past the one-year warranty. I have, ahem, exiled myself from the 650 board, because I have vocally stated that the 650 has severe issues and PalmOne needs to fix them. There are those who equally vocally disagree. Oh well...

My "Deep" source inside Sprint gave me a shock the other day; it seems that the 600 is to be discontinued in a month or two. I guess there will still be some refurbs in the pipeline for a while, so thank Heavens for LockLine! But we will eventually be left only with the flawed 650 and the PPC 6600/1. Guess we have to hope for the best.....
    Last edited by Dalai Lama; 12/05/2004 at 09:03 PM.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Discontinue the 600? This really contradicts PalmOne's plan for making a "family" of treos. You can't have a family of Treos with only the 650.

And just to contribute to this thread... the T650 smells. GO 600!
    I too am sticking with my 600. I was one of the first adopters in Nov last year and I am still on my original Handspring branded phone. Never had a problem.
    I was temptred to go to the 650 untill I saw the same res camera (not the rumoured 1 meg pixel) and basically the same phone for another $600. Thats crazy. I know the screen res is better but please, thats true avarice :-0
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    aside from having an all-in-one device and having a keyboard, what advantage does the treo have over, say, a zire 72 + bluetooth phone combo? You can do SMS, MMS, email with that plus you get a better screen, bluetooth, 1.2MP -bad- camera, and when you have to upgrade in the future, you can opt to change just the phone or just the PDA.
    Yep, I just can't wait for the T700 (great screen, big memory, and finally high-quality telephony). Until then, I'll stick with my T600. Works great. Can't stand the thought of shelling out big bucks, just to get screwed on memory and poorer phone sound quality.
    --- Baba
    There is NO reason to go to a 650, none!!
    I am still keeping my Treo 600 , I paid for the unlocked device and my god , the price , killed me , so I am keeping it , unless PalmOne comes up with TREO 700 whic has 1.3 megapixel camera + WiFi Bulit in (I do not want external solutions such as SDIO) ,
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin002
    aside from having an all-in-one device...
    isnt that the whole point?
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    I can't shake the feeling that the 650 is a stop gap. That is, something about it just feels.... interim. Almost like P1 noticed that so many new smart phones were on the way, and decided it needed something new to stay in corporate America's eye.

The 600 was a revolution. The 650 is an evolution. Its just my humble opinion, but give it another year, and I think we can expect the next revolution. My 600 will serve until then.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. That said, I still may give in to the T650 eventually.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuhsi
    If the 650 upgrade was $100, I MIGHT do it.
    Wouldn't we all?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16.    #36  
    Like I said, the Treo 600 still have some adv over 650.

More memory (I guess 600 can still hold more even after the 650 memory upgrade).

A possible WiFi. (haha....vish, all is no you now.)

Smaller size (Yes, not a BIG differnce BUT still a difference.)

So there you have it, 600 is still going strong.

HEY Merlin002, is that gal in your avartar your GF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lure_Angler
    Like I said, the Treo 600 still have some adv over 650.

More memory (I guess 600 can still hold more even after the 650 memory upgrade).

A possible WiFi. (haha....vish, all is no you now.)

Smaller size (Yes, not a BIG differnce BUT still a difference.)

So there you have it, 600 is still going strong.

HEY Merlin002, is that gal in your avartar your GF?
    Agree. Man, she's H O T ! !
    Same with me. I've had my original T600 since they first came out. No problems to date. I can't see spending upwards of $600 for a newer model whose Bluetooth won't even sync with my Bluetooth-enabled car, not to mention the response delays, memory issues or voice degredation that some users are seeing. I do hope all these issues get resolved before my T600 dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Same with me. I've had my original T600 since they first came out. No problems to date.
    Same with me. I was starting to wonder if I was the only person left who still has their original T600. Still going strong with no problems.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings all.

Been a loyal Treo user since the 300 days and well, I'm on my third Treo 600. Sure the blotches are starting to bug me as is the hang on SMS issue, but seriously, I kinda still like my trusty Treo 600.

Though the 650's screen is HOT, and bluetooth may be the rage, for me at least, it's the applications that I need to keep on my phone. I use a money program that syncs automatically to my financial software and a host of other apps that I have heard won't run on the 650.

The cost is an issue also, but for me, if it's working and the store will swap me a new Treo 600 (not refurbed), I'll keep the 600 for at least another year, or until it dies again. Backup Man is critical to always staying upto date in case of a hard reset or crash.

I too am glad to see others staying with the 600. It's been more than a year since my first one (10/22/03) and I've got it tricked out as much as I can and it works for me.

Cheers!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast