1.    #1  
    i want to buy a treo 600 on eaby. Although their are many items described "brand nwe", but i worry about two things.
    1.how to validate a treo 600 is refurbished or not? by S/N?
    2. buy it on ebay, is it possible to have a warranty?
    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalerror
    i want to buy a treo 600 on eaby. Although their are many items described "brand nwe", but i worry about two things.
    1.how to validate a treo 600 is refurbished or not? by S/N?
    2. buy it on ebay, is it possible to have a warranty?
    thx
    You won't be able to tell unless you can get the seller to dial ##786 to get the RTN info. There is a field labeled "Refurb Status" and it will say yes or no.

Of course, you will have to trust the seller tells you the truth.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    My GSM 600, responds to the dial code #*786 instead. The screen says "RTN" at the top left, which indicates that I am at the right screen.

However, there are only two lines info and none are "Refurb Status." The two fields are "Life Timer" and "Software Rev." Does this mean that my replacement is not a refurb? (Hoping )
    Me too ATTWS
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Fear not the refurb grasshoppa...

Remember, a refurbished unit has had to undergo often a complete rebuild by a technician and pass a mirad of tests before being put back into action. A new unit is assembled under semi-automation and has to pass a significantly less stringent test.

I'm on my third Verizon Treo, this being the first refurb. So far it is by far the best performing of the three.

Just food for thought.

PS: on the VZW Treo its #*#786 for the stats.
    Not entirely true; if judging by the multiple replacements some users have had.

I'm currently on my 3rd replacement (Treo #4).

1st replacement = washed out screen
    2nd replacement = very bad scratches on external casing
    3rd replacement = extremely bad blue dots problem on camera (worse than on prev units)

Gonna have to get another replacement this coming week. I wonder how stringent their tests were. Either they are not that sringent, or the technicians are prone to ridiculous amount of mistakes.
    Well, you might have gotten new units Rudy. I just got a replacement from Verizon and it's not a refurb.
    Does not seem to work on International models, all I get is Life Timer and Software Rev number. I tried it on a brand new out of the box unit, my unit never sent away and three referb units I just got back from Palmone all the same.

Tony
    Welcome to Palmone, tomorrows bugs today!!!
    Yeah, I think Tony is spot on. I think these "stamps" are only done by PalmOne US technicians and not worldwide.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    i just recieved a new 600 and i thought kool until i saw it had no camara so they will be sending me a new or refurb,hopfully they send me a 650 longshot but weirder things have happen before,