Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    While I will give them the mature professional time to fix this...I don't think it matters who is right on a technical basis. The percieved value of the customer
    is what matters. A good or bad buzz can make or break a product, expecially when some high visability reviewers get ahold of it a put on their spin. If palm is not pre-emptive in fixing this, and the customers feel listened to, then others will hold off,
    think twice, delay, feel vaugely unsafe, and change their mind about purchase they were about to make with gusto. many will look elsewhere.(Treo/PDA2K) this is an emotional sale. Palm is not selling a phone. They are selling little kid gadget excitement with a business excuse- with a dash of safety and trust. And when that is damaged. People may not remember it, but they will always feel it.

Just look at these threads...its not about the facts, its about the feelings behind the facts - personal interpretation of percieved value.

The marketing people can point to their sweet spot, and the tech people can point to
    their non volitile flash memory and they will get to be right...but unless they do the right thing and quickly ...the people wont care.

The percieved value of the customer is the bottom line.

iZ
    I would like to thank you, the guinnea pigs - for making my Treo 650 better - when I get one in a few months
    "Dramacentral" ----- excellent.
    I wish you guys would stop all the negative comments and bashing on the 650.... this is going to seriously hurt the resale value of my treo 650 I ordered from Vienna Channels when I put it up on ebay! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Darn, you beat me to it... I was going to nominate myself as long as you changed the title to Drama KING!

Look at it this way. If my ranting gets this fixed, everyone benefits. If nothing comes of it, I've done nothing more than make a fool of myself, and no one is hurt but me. I'll buy a PPC 6601 and go annoy Microsoft and HTC.
    Great reply.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/20/2004 at 03:45 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    Here is the latest I just Recieved from Palm 1 Dir of Dev. and I am impressed by this response...it was also CCd to several palm execs...I now believe they are seriously considering making this right...now lets give them a chance.

XXXX

I want you to know we are not ignoring this. Our team is looking into this and we need to make sure we have our facts straight as a team prior to making informal or formal responses that may confuse the issues. I have been in heavy email threads internally on this topic over the last 24 hrs and the community of users is indeed important.

Please give us the benefit of the doubt for several days while we evaluate the situation. We do care and I hope our engagement in a dialogue with you is a sign of our commitment to overall product quality.

Cheers,

Peter

?
    Sent: Sat 11/20/2004 8:42 AM
    To: Peter xxx
    Subject: Re: Some people-based gentle suggestions on dealing with memory problem on Treo 650

>
    > Peter, while I appreciate the reply, it is the stock political answer...no
    > commitment.
    >
    >
    > While your loyal customers will give Palm the mature professional time to fix
    > this...I don't think it matters who is right on a technical basis. The
    > perceived value of the customer is what matters. A good or bad buzz can make
    > or break a product, especially when some high visibility reviewers get a hold
    > of it a put on their spin. If palm is not pre-emptive in fixing this, and the
    > customers feel listened to, then others will hold off, think twice, delay,
    > feel vaguely unsafe, and change their mind about purchase they were about to
    > make with gusto. Many will look elsewhere.(Treo/PDA2K) this is an emotional
    > sale. Palm is not selling a phone. They are selling little kid gadget
    > excitement with a business excuse- and a dash of safety and trust. And when
    > that is damaged. People may not remember it, but they will always feel it.
    >
    > Just look at these threads...its not about the facts, its about the feelings
    > behind the facts - personal interpretation of perceived value.
    >
    > The marketing people can point to their sweet spot, and the tech people can
    > point to
    > their nonvolatile flash memory - and they will get to be right...but unless
    > they do the right thing and quickly
    > ...the people wont care.
    >
    > The perceived value of the customer is the bottom line.
    >
    > Respectfully,
    >
    > iZ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12