Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guess I will have to get some other type of screen protection. There are bubbles or looks like small circles all over the screen with that protector on. Yes I did clean the screen before putting it on.

With my previous Samsung i500, I did not use a screen protector because of this problem but with this phone, I need it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    http://www.boxwave.com/

Either the crystal or the anti-glare.
    Boxwave WITHOUT question! They are the best and the Treo 600 protectors fit perfectly on the 650, I put one on yesterday.

The included protector sucks because you have to cut it down to spec with an exacto knife. Before I read about boxwave here on TC, i must have gone through a box of 20 palm universal protectors on my 600 trying to cut it to the right size and get it on the screen without bubbles. It was one of the must frustrating experiences ever.

Save yourself a lot of stress and get the boxwaves! Don't let the price scare you, it's well worth it.
    Big fan of the BoxWave ClearTouch Crystals. Can't even tell they're on.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm a big fan of PocketPCTech's WriteShield screen protectors. www.pocketpctechs.com
    Last edited by eugarps; 11/20/2004 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Error
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Glad there are better protectors out there.
    maryann, I recently bought a Boxwave screen protector for my Samsung SPH-i500, in preparation of selling it, now that I have the Treo 650.

It is awesome -- clear, very easy to put on, no bubbles, etc. I will definitely buy one for my Treo now!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    someone in another thread was raving about the Martin Fields screen protector. i gotta get something. i don't suppose anyone's done a side-by-side between the boxwave crystal and martin fields? they're the same price, so i'm curious.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    maryann, I recently bought a Boxwave screen protector for my Samsung SPH-i500, in preparation of selling it, now that I have the Treo 650.

It is awesome -- clear, very easy to put on, no bubbles, etc. I will definitely buy one for my Treo now!

Thanks tanster. Thats good to know. Going to order one.
    Another vote for Boxwave.... also was impressed they had it in my mail box in less than 48 hours with standard shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Are they really the same? There is a BIG price difference.
    http://shop.brando.com.hk/ - they also have other cool accessories
    How many protectors per pack? Is a single pack 1 protector?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Here's an excellent screen protector review article.

I'll throw in my vote for Boxwave's Cleartouch. I bought mine last December and have had it on my 600 ever since. Yesterday I took it off, cleaned it, and put it on my 650. Still looks great. $15 well spent.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Those are boxwave?? I didn't know that when I ordered them. I just figured TC had somehow made some kickass protectors. :-)

All: these things rock. I have one on my 600 until my 650 gets here and I love it. I can't believe I was using writerights before...
    I've used Martin Fields protectors on my Tungsten T3 and found them to simply amazing. I intend on ordering them for my T650.
    after reading the comments here on the boxwave crystal, as well as on many other forums, including non-palm forums, i ordered one. probably show up tomorrow. no other screen protector has the near unanimous praise from real end users, that i can tell.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Ok, maybe I'm an *****. I had 2 spare boxwave for my 600. Tried to put them on my 650. For some reason they put too much pressure on the screen and would act like you were holding down a button. Took it off, worked fine. Tried it a second and third time, different protectors. That was a little expensive. Just didn't work.
  20. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob VA
    Ok, maybe I'm an *****. I had 2 spare boxwave for my 600. Tried to put them on my 650. For some reason they put too much pressure on the screen and would act like you were holding down a button. Took it off, worked fine. Tried it a second and third time, different protectors. That was a little expensive. Just didn't work.
    Good Grief! Everytime I think I have the info I need before ordering some new problem comes up. Will it ever end?

Has anyone else had the problem Bob describes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast