Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    Good Grief! Everytime I think I have the info I need before ordering some new problem comes up. Will it ever end?

Has anyone else had the problem Bob describes?
    No problems here. Loved the Boxwave Crystal so much I got one for my girlfriend's PocketPC. Except for the barely noticible seams along the edge, you'd never know it was there. It gives great peace of mind.
    Dave
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob VA
    Ok, maybe I'm an *****. I had 2 spare boxwave for my 600. Tried to put them on my 650. For some reason they put too much pressure on the screen and would act like you were holding down a button. Took it off, worked fine. Tried it a second and third time, different protectors. That was a little expensive. Just didn't work.
    Could be this problem from the Boxwave ClearTouch FAQ page:

"7. Why doesn't my screen respond to my stylus with the ClearTouch on our screen?
    The problem that you described is due to how ClearTouch was applied to your screen. It's really easy to fix, and only occurs if it was applied with too much pressure. To correct it, just remove ClearTouch and reapply it by gently laying it on top of your touchscreen. Then the "screen tension" will be even across the surface. Then after you've done that, you can then further improve the digitizer's accuracy by re-calibrating it."
    The one that came with the 650 was awful. I haven't got a very steady hand with the scissors, and have half a fingerprint under mine. Wish I'd read this thread sooner, though, 'cause I already ordered PalmOne's 13-pack protectors... which I assume is the same "cut to fit" that came with the 650. (Anyone know for sure?) Thing is I also wanted a sync cable, so through PalmOne I could kill two birds with one stone.

Interesting if the TreoCentral protectors are the same as BoxWave, given the price difference. Is the TC one the "crystal" or "anti-glare"?
    it says Anti-glare
    are you sure they are the same thing it does seem like a big price diff
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    pzarquon --yes, PalmOne protectors are same as one that comes with the 650. I bought a pack too and regret it. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    The one that came with the 650 was awful. I haven't got a very steady hand with the scissors, and have half a fingerprint under mine. Wish I'd read this thread sooner, though, 'cause I already ordered PalmOne's 13-pack protectors... which I assume is the same "cut to fit" that came with the 650. (Anyone know for sure?) Thing is I also wanted a sync cable, so through PalmOne I could kill two birds with one stone.

Interesting if the TreoCentral protectors are the same as BoxWave, given the price difference. Is the TC one the "crystal" or "anti-glare"?
    Just for future reference, if you arent too steady with the scissors, I usually just take a regular piece of paper (because it will have known square corners) and set in on top of the cover you need to cut. Then just run your scissors right along that sheet of paper. Do the same for opposite side and works well. Now, applying it is just something that takes caution to avoid those prints. I have a method where I begin by trying to "roll" the paper backing rather than peel it. As soon as you get one corner loose, just kind of bend it back and slide it so it pushes the plastic off without touching hand.

Here, attached is sample using two post its. With the top one representing the plastic cover itself. Once I get a little edge off, line it up to screen to get one end attached, then continue rolling backing off. Completely fingerprint-less.

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    pzarquon --yes, PalmOne protectors are same as one that comes with the 650. I bought a pack too and regret it. Oh well.
    Well, I'm on my third and last PalmOne protector from the big ol' pack I bought, and I'm still not happy... mostly with my aim (regardless of the tricks I've tried), but also with the quality overall. Perhaps you do indeed get what you paid for. I finally ordered some BoxWave AntiGlare from BoxWave direct.

Frankly, just having a protector I don't have to cut to fit will be a major improvement. But I hear these things are incredibly durable. Since I'll be switching to an exposed-screen Vaja case, that's a big concern as well.
    I have had both boxwave and treocentral store screen protecters. As far as I can tell, they are exactly the same. And they are both very good quality products. Go for the treocentral store and save yourself some cash.
    I used the Boxwave screen protectors on my T600 and now using TC's screen protectors on my T650 and they both appear to be exactly the same to me. Both are great quality, the only difference I can tell is the price. TC's is much cheaper.
    I just got my Treo, and noticed the screen protector is actually good for 2. You just have to outline it and cut at toward the bottom instead of where they lined it up for you. Doing that will get you enough left-over for one more piece.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12